collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141690 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #960 on: February 27, 2018, 02:36:05 PM »
Everybody place your bets on what will follow in the 3-year plan!

Mine are mainly on Sea Ponies and Big Brother Ponies. While it would make sense for TEs and SSs to be re-released, I feel that it won't happen  :huh:

Nothing with specialized gimmicks sadly. So no TE, SS, BnG, GnS, Flutters, Princess Ponies, Color Changers etc.

Big Brothers. Hopefully both sets. DD still wants Wigwam from the second set and Tex from the first. Maybe Salty and Steamer.
Dream Castle
Earth Ponies
Celestial Ponies
Show Stable
Sea Ponies
Second Set Earth, Unicorn, Pegasus
Twice-As-Fancy

I don't see why So Softs wouldn't be a possibility. There are lots of flocked toys out there now. Also a set of So Softs with perfect flocking would be a dream come true.

I want them too. I'm just noticing that no one has attempted anything but simple ponies. :) But I'd LOVE to have new So-softs.

Post Merge: February 27, 2018, 02:36:57 PM

I could see them pulling off So Softs, Princesses, and Twinkle Eyes without their gimmicks.  The So Softs are really just regular ponies covered in flocking.  The Twinkle Eyes are like Rainbow Ponies only with different colors and the gem eyes (maybe give them glitter eyes to represent their gem eyes).  Princess ponies could have gloss paint symbols.

They wouldn't be exactly like the originals, but we would have the characters.

What's the point of a TE without their gimmick?  They do it right or not at all. Glitter eyes on a twinkle eye is waaay lame. :pout:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:38:45 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #961 on: February 27, 2018, 03:49:37 PM »
I'd rather have "SS" ponies without flocking . . . because I don't like the flocking.  :P

But I guess even if they are flocked, that would be a source of ponies that could be deflocked without feeling guilty about it.  And it would be cool for those who like the fuzzy feeling.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 04:02:04 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 27, 2018, 04:03:05 PM »
I'd rather have "SS" ponies without flocking . . . because I don't like the flocking.  :P

But I guess even if they are flocked, that would be a source of ponies that could be deflocked without feeling guilty about it.  And it would be cool for those who like the fuzzy feeling.

You will embrace your fuzzy overlords and no shavey-shavey!  :angry:

:silly:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 27, 2018, 11:44:30 PM »
Looks like Target may have restocked!  Brickseeker is showing instock for many T stores that was previously sold out in my area.  I will have to check it out tomorrow  ^.^

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #964 on: February 28, 2018, 02:20:23 AM »

You will embrace your fuzzy overlords and no shavey-shavey!  :angry:

:silly:

*pat pat* :lol:

I would like them without fur for obvious reasons relating to the fact SS ponies didn't happen here. But I wouldn't object to some fuzzies. Just I would like the movie stars plus Ribbon, Paradise and Lofty in regular. Then I will be happy forever. Deflock Ribbon looks exactly like I would have imagined her as a child, so if they can pull that off, it would be amazing. And if they did Gusty in the y3 set where she belongs, there'd be a vacancy for a movie pony unicorn :)

I also would give quite a lot for a regular paradise. I mean, even if she didn't come out here, I would pay to import her. Paradise without fur was my ultimate grail and though the Brazilian one is great and ticks that box, I still would love a non Nirvana one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 28, 2018, 09:05:11 AM »
I think it would be amazing to have both flocked and unflocked....I think either would be great.

Or maybe some baby ponies!?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 28, 2018, 10:42:37 AM »
Anyone hear anything about Canada yet???? 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 28, 2018, 11:11:10 AM »
toys r us going in to administration :( whats going to happen to the uk releases ?? theres no targets over here :( are they going to try the entertainer or smiths toy shops ???

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 28, 2018, 12:55:16 PM »
toys r us going in to administration :( whats going to happen to the uk releases ?? theres no targets over here :( are they going to try the entertainer or smiths toy shops ???

I think Tesco is a good bet, given that they have the target exclusives here now. I have emailed literally every store I could think of, toy store and supermarket. Asda and Smyths both answered to say they have passed the info to their buyers. My sister in Oxford would greatly like people to email Boswells because she can't do it (she works on their web team) so Oxford people should contact Boswells about the ponies if they want to see them there. Small toy stores are worth asking in person just in case. And it might be worth taking it up with Argos although they're more tricky because they've changed ownership now. Even Wilkinsons/Wilkos might be an option, as they have had a lot of pony stuff lately, including the Luna beanies which I had trouble finding anywhere else.

TRU going is annoying but not necessarily the end of the world for this line. The more important thing is to contact stores and also Hasbro UK to tell them that you're interested. Sitting back and not contacting them means they don't know, and are less likely to pick up these lines. If we don't get them it won't be because TRU closes but because not enough people expressed enough interest with stores to get them to take these on as stock.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 28, 2018, 02:31:42 PM »

I contacted Indigo and Bridge Direct last week about the Canadian release. The Bridge Direct said we should expect them anytime now and to check/contact Indigo. My local Indigo still knows nothing about them and when I called Indigo Online's Helpline they also didn’t know anything about them. So I’m not sure what is going on. The Bridge Direct seems convinced Indigo is a partner and carrying them and Indigo representatives have no information on the product whatsoever. It’s very frustrating. Even if they can’t say an exact date it’d help to know if we were for sure getting them and what month at least.

Update: I called Indigo again and got forwarded to a manager. They said they will carry the ponies and they are just waiting to get stock in from Bridge Direct. They said they will email me when the items become available. I really hope this is true and they arrive soon! The only thing that concerns me is they said the ponies will be sold online only. This could mean we end up receiving head/body mismatched ones and/or damaged boxes. It could also reduce sales making Indigo no longer want to carry them. I really think if they were on shelves non collectors may see them, get nostalgic, and buy them for children in their lives. 

I really hope these can get released everywhere for everyone. I do think it is important that we contact retailers and let them know we are interested in these retro releases. I’m also telling all my friends with children about them. I want sales to be high so retailers want to carry them and Bridge Direct will want to keep making them! I feel like Bridge Direct is sticking pretty close to the original/chronological release order so if we want later releases we need them to stick around awhile.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:39:18 PM by StrawberryScoops »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #970 on: February 28, 2018, 02:40:35 PM »
Good point about contacting the stores and asking them to carry the product.  The Bridge Direct can't force a store to carry their products, the store has to want it.  TRU's troubles do make things more difficult and sad.  Visiting TRU was such a staple of my childhood . . .
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 28, 2018, 02:45:32 PM »
Good point about contacting the stores and asking them to carry the product.  The Bridge Direct can't force a store to carry their products, the store has to want it.  TRU's troubles do make things more difficult and sad.  Visiting TRU was such a staple of my childhood . . .

Yes agreed-  I think pestering the buyer for your local retailer is also not a bad idea... a few years ago I found the buyer for girls toys for one of those retailers- on Linked In :D

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 28, 2018, 02:58:17 PM »

Yes agreed-  I think pestering the buyer for your local retailer is also not a bad idea... a few years ago I found the buyer for girls toys for one of those retailers- on Linked In :D

Yeah. People in the UK are notoriously bad at being proactive in things like this. It does worry me that we might lose out because folk will think "oh, someone else will have done it so I don't need to." There's no such thing as too much interest in these items. The more we contact stores, the more they'll think about it seriously. It is much better to have them on store shelves here than have to decide which one to buy because of having to pay the same amount or more in shipping and custom fees. Takes nothing at all to send an email ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: February 28, 2018, 05:12:10 PM »

I contacted Indigo and Bridge Direct last week about the Canadian release. The Bridge Direct said we should expect them anytime now and to check/contact Indigo. My local Indigo still knows nothing about them and when I called Indigo Online's Helpline they also didn’t know anything about them. So I’m not sure what is going on. The Bridge Direct seems convinced Indigo is a partner and carrying them and Indigo representatives have no information on the product whatsoever. It’s very frustrating. Even if they can’t say an exact date it’d help to know if we were for sure getting them and what month at least.

Update: I called Indigo again and got forwarded to a manager. They said they will carry the ponies and they are just waiting to get stock in from Bridge Direct. They said they will email me when the items become available. I really hope this is true and they arrive soon! The only thing that concerns me is they said the ponies will be sold online only. This could mean we end up receiving head/body mismatched ones and/or damaged boxes. It could also reduce sales making Indigo no longer want to carry them. I really think if they were on shelves non collectors may see them, get nostalgic, and buy them for children in their lives. 

I really hope these can get released everywhere for everyone. I do think it is important that we contact retailers and let them know we are interested in these retro releases. I’m also telling all my friends with children about them. I want sales to be high so retailers want to carry them and Bridge Direct will want to keep making them! I feel like Bridge Direct is sticking pretty close to the original/chronological release order so if we want later releases we need them to stick around awhile.

Thank you!  Now I am going to set up a search bookmark for Indigo and Bridge Direct... LOL
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 28, 2018, 06:28:16 PM »
Well I made it back to the closest Target to me and they had the ponies restocked. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal