collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141754 times)

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #300 on: January 11, 2018, 12:27:00 PM »
I'll bet the first set of princesses would sell well too.

One benefit is that the first TAF and Princess sets share molds, so if they make one they can easily make the other. Although the molds may need to be modified to incorporate the princess medallions, which would probably take some effort to reproduce. Still would be really nice to see rereleased princesses, in fresh mint condition with all their accessories. Maybe they could even throw in both bushwoolies and dragons.

I'd really like to see reproduced accessories, like for the baby sets.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #301 on: January 11, 2018, 12:40:58 PM »
Interesting tidbit, I follow the Facebook group for the HQG1Cs (the nice G1 mass-produced customs) and they said that it actually costs just as much to mold an accessory as it did to mold a pony.  I think they said it actually cost more, but I could be mistaken . . .

Explains why the sets that had lots of accessories were usually more than $5 back in the day, compared to ponies who just came with ribbon + comb.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #302 on: January 11, 2018, 12:47:59 PM »
Princesses would annoy me because they'd be bushwoolied. No offence, children of America ;)

LM, would it be possible to send me the link or information to that French thing privately? I can read French but I haven't seen anything relating to it online. If something was to come out in France, then the chances of it coming here are quite good, but it could just be people taking advantage of the current hype to spread around rumours...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 11, 2018, 12:49:58 PM »
Incidentally, there is an ad in a French magazine that implies that the first set of Rainbow ponies will be rereleased.  (Not sure if by The Bridge Direct or by someone else . . . It showed pictures of retro SSC dolls on the same page, does TBD produce them in France?)

:shocked:

. . But anyway it's from a toy magazine called La Revue du Jouet (which I think translates into something like "The Journal of Play") and it shows Windy, Sunlight, and Skydancer (out of package).

:freak:

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 11, 2018, 12:52:03 PM »
I would be interested in seeing the magazine too LadyMoondancer.I didn't know it existed despite being french myself.
EDIT : okay after seeing it myself, it didn't say about which ponies it's talking about, but with Moonstone, Skydancer and Sunlight, it's either they have infos we don't have or they picked random ponies,but it seems too big of a coincidence.Also i'm happy that a french magazine talks about it, because it means that there is a chance we get them here, even if it's just the first six.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:23:03 PM by Jorgito93 »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 11, 2018, 01:21:56 PM »
So I looked up retro Strawberry Shortcake . . . currently they are produced in France by Kanaï Kids toy company.  They also make retro Fisher-Price (another thing produced by The Bridge Direct in the US.)

So I sent them an email asking if they would be making retro MLPs as well.  Have not heard back yet but I'll let you guys know if I hear from them.  (Also Strawberry Shortcake is called Charlotte Aux Fraises in France . . . I learned something today, lol.)

Edit:  Actually, could someone who speaks French email Kanaï Kids and ask?  I was using Google Translate so god knows what I actually said, lol.  Their email is [email protected] and their website is here.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:25:01 PM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 11, 2018, 01:24:30 PM »
So I looked up retro Strawberry Shortcake . . . currently they are produced in France by Kanaï Kids toy company.  They also make retro Fisher-Price (another thing produced by The Bridge Direct in the US.)

So I sent them an email asking if they would be making retro MLPs as well.  Have not heard back yet but I'll let you guys know if I hear from them.  (Also Strawberry Shortcake is called Charlotte Aux Fraises in France . . . I learned something today, lol.)
If you want to laugh, please look at some of our translations of g1 and g3 pony names.My favorite include Sifflebizz (Wind Whistler) and Millie (g3 Pinkie Pie... still don't know how they managed to give her that name).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 11, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »
Princesses would annoy me because they'd be bushwoolied. No offence, children of America ;)

LM, would it be possible to send me the link or information to that French thing privately? I can read French but I haven't seen anything relating to it online. If something was to come out in France, then the chances of it coming here are quite good, but it could just be people taking advantage of the current hype to spread around rumours...

Well! Its not OUR fault you guys got the dragons!

:silly:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 11, 2018, 01:33:08 PM »

We absolutely must get "bushwoolied" into Webster!  That is the best new word I've heard in a long time.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #309 on: January 11, 2018, 01:34:23 PM »

Yes, yes it is. It's entirely your fault. Repent right now and make more dragons immediately. *hmph*.

To bushwoolie or not to bushwoolie. That is the question...

xD

Back on topic. LM, thanks for that, very interesting. I mean, without a pony in box it's hard to say much about who or how or when or where or any of those things. BUT all the comments about links between parent and child, the favourites from our childhood, and then the specific mention of SSC and MLP...you have to wonder what exactly is going on...

Jorgito can confirm or deny (and please correct me if I'm wrong) but I think it does talk specifically of a reissue of 1980s dolls, which is the Strawberry Shortcake thing. I guess that's as promising as we can be right now.

They did reissue those before, but I can't figure from the pictures if they're stock images of old g1s or not. They do look like they are...but...

Letter to Hasbro UK my next port of call...

@Jorgito, I don't think that English names are so amazing that we get to laugh at French ones ;)
I love Shady's two French names - Incognito (on my French one's card) and Petit Ombre (which I guess is Canadian?) They're both really cute.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:46:21 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 11, 2018, 01:48:52 PM »

Yes, yes it is. It's entirely your fault. Repent right now and make more dragons immediately. *hmph*.

To bushwoolie or not to bushwoolie. That is the question...

xD

Back on topic. LM, thanks for that, very interesting. I mean, without a pony in box it's hard to say much about who or how or when or where or any of those things. BUT all the comments about links between parent and child, the favourites from our childhood, and then the specific mention of SSC and MLP...you have to wonder what exactly is going on...

Jorgito can confirm or deny (and please correct me if I'm wrong) but I think it does talk specifically of a reissue of 1980s dolls, which is the Strawberry Shortcake thing. I guess that's as promising as we can be right now.

They did reissue those before, but I can't figure from the pictures if they're g1s or not.

Letter to Hasbro UK my next port of call...

@Jorgito, I don't think that English names are so amazing that we get to laugh at French ones ;)
I love Shady's two French names - Incognito (on my French one's card) and Petit Ombre (which I guess is Canadian?) They're both really cute.
Honestly most of our names are fine or on the level of the english ones (but of course to me they seem more ridiculous because they are in the language i speak since forever), but i love the strange names we have sometimes like Millie, Spike being named Leo,or Tiddley-Winks being Tidou (i don't get why they used a diminutive version of her original name while they translated most of them), or some of the strange translations in FiM (they translated changelings as impostors in a season 6 episode when they were called changelings since season 2), or some of the voices (Megan in MLP n Friends has a voice that sounds like a child way younger than the character is ).Also our dub of some toys are hilarious (like the talking princess twilight sparkle, who has a voice that's so bad i love it.Sounds like someone who doesn't know why she's there).I'll admit we have pretty cool names sometimes, like g3 Lily Lightly being called Irisia.
For the magazine, they are talking about the strawberry shortcake dolls for most of the page, but the bottom part is about "the little ponies of our childhood coming on the shelves", so it's about the 35th anniversary ponies.The only question is if whether the rainbow ponies on the page are purely random illustration just to show g1 ponies or if it means they will have 35th anniversary versions too.
EDIT : i just checked the french g1 pamphlet i have, and i saw that Twinkles the cat was apparently named Pussy here.I know they didn't thought about the... other sense it could have but that's still amazing.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:12:56 PM by Jorgito93 »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 11, 2018, 02:18:06 PM »
Jorgito, what is the "cinema" part about?  I was so confused by that and so was Google Translate, lol.

Anyone remember Are You Being Served? (British comedy show).  They had a running joke about Mrs. Slocombe's cat, Pussy.  ;)

Edit:  I recall a Finnish collector complaining that, since tiddly-winks (the game) is called "the flea game" in Finnish, they changed Baby Tiddly Winks name to . . . Flea.  :lol:

Of course then she could hang out with this bootleg:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:29:42 PM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 11, 2018, 02:20:06 PM »
Jorgito, what is the "cinema" part about?  I was so confused by that and so was Google Translate, lol.

Anyone remember Are You Being Served? (British comedy show).  They had a running joke about Mrs. Slocombe's cat, Pussy.  ;)
It's definitely talking about the g4 movie, it says "carried by the release of the movie in theaters,the little ponies of our childhood are coming on the shelves"
Also i could send a mail to Kanaï Kids, it would definitely better if someone who speaks french sends it haha
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:21:55 PM by Jorgito93 »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 11, 2018, 02:25:50 PM »
OHHHH, okay!  Thanks!  I guessed it was about the G4 movie but the first verb really confused Google, it kept giving me translations like "OPEN" and "GATE".

I would love it if you would!  I did my best but . . . hmm . . . yeeeeah.   I don't speak French.  :P

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 11, 2018, 02:32:40 PM »
OHHHH, okay!  Thanks!  I guessed it was about the G4 movie but the first verb really confused Google, it kept giving me translations like "OPEN" and "GATE".

I would love it if you would!  I did my best but . . . hmm . . . yeeeeah.   I don't speak French.  :P
That's probably because you typed "portes" instead of "portés".Without the accent it means doors or gates instead of carried
Also i won't complain for Tiddly-winks' name again, Tidou is very cute compared to Flea  :lol:
Help me a bit to know what i should say in the email, don't want to sound bad or make a bad impression or something like that.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:35:32 PM by Jorgito93 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal