collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141690 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2018, 08:14:37 PM »
I wonder if the "one set per store" was a decision on Target's part.  Like "Well, we're not sure if these will sell, let's start with just ONE set."  I got the impression that the 2007 collectors set didn't sell well; maybe Target hasn't forgotten that.  I hope that retro ponies selling out the day that they're put out convinces them that G1s should be stocked and supported!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2018, 11:09:19 PM »
Seeing these makes me so happy :) I hope they're available in Australia!  I do have both of the 25th anniversary sets (CC foot and the rainbow ponies), but I'd love to have this release too. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2018, 12:23:24 AM »
 :inlove: I hope these get really popular and become international releases - and I hope they release more G1 ponies, too! ;)
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2018, 12:30:01 AM »
Would love to see in hand pictures and comparisons to the original 6 as soon as people are able. :) These look lovely and I might pick up my fave Butterscotch, but I'm kind of iffy on the color scheme, the new one's hair looks a very vivid bright yellow rather than the mellowy golden I'm used to.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2018, 01:47:16 AM »
Would love to see in hand pictures and comparisons to the original 6 as soon as people are able. :) These look lovely and I might pick up my fave Butterscotch, but I'm kind of iffy on the color scheme, the new one's hair looks a very vivid bright yellow rather than the mellowy golden I'm used to.

Great vid posted earlier with comparisons of orig g1, g1-25th and g1-35th - do take a look!  :biggrin: :cool:

I finished my video review for those interested.

https://youtu.be/Omd7wZ_Aas8

I only bought Minty to unbox, however later in the video I use the pictures I took in store to compare and contrast with the earlier releases.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2018, 03:24:12 AM »
I'm glad they did  something but why do they have to re-release something that was already re-released 10 years ago?
Some G3 and G4 redone as G1 would of been awesome.

I checked that stocking site and it says every target within 85 miles has them in stock..
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:32:50 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2018, 06:12:11 AM »
I used to work at Target, and was the one who reset movies every tuesday, so it is really fun hearing dpci and street date again!

If all the ponies have the same dpci, in the store's eyes, they have 6. They don't know which 6, which will be frustrating later on when the shelf is full of Cotton Candy but everyone wants Minty.
The set date is probably the 7th, which means stores will set toys that week. I miss the toy reset! It was so big and jumbled! Lots of product may end up on tubs in the back, not located, hence very hard to find. If you get an employee willing to dig through a tub for you, hug them. It is really obnoxious to dig on a tub.
As Christmas toys start to sell down, the toy aisles start to look empty, and any toy product that is in back gets pulled out and put on the shelf to fill holes. Flex. That is why the ponies were under shopkins- there was a hole to fill, and holes are bad.
After the reset, i imagine those will live on their endcap where they belong, and nowhere else.
If the scanner let you buy it, it wasn't street dated, the box was just labeled for the reset. Street dates are illegal to break, and stores can get some hefty fines if one makes it past the scanner. They used to be marked with big colorful boxes with dates on them, like a big purple box with January 7 Toy Set, so they were easy to spot.

Whew! Thanks for letting me use all that!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2018, 07:04:05 AM »
The last store I went to had 2 employees helping me. I think one was new to the dept. The more experienced "security" employee made sure there was no street date before letting me buy them. I don't have the boxes with me (they let me take the cardboard boxes instead of having to use plastic bags) but I'll check for dates on the larger box when I get home.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2018, 07:07:08 AM »
I used to work at Target, and was the one who reset movies every tuesday, so it is really fun hearing dpci and street date again!

Whew! Thanks for letting me use all that!

That's really interesting information, Aurora!  :)

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2018, 07:32:57 AM »
Awesome!
The only collector pose ponies I currently own are Peachy and Lemondrop both in baity condition, and a 25th anniv. repro Snuzzle.

I hope these are easy to find and get online in their actual retail price though unlike TBD's repro Blueberry Muffin and Raspberry Tart single release dolls which I only ever find online in extremely inflated prices and from 3rd party sellers.
I don't live in the US so no Target, and toys stores here do not seem to carry TBD products we never got their Strawberry Shortcake toys so it looks like my best bet to get them is online.

I definitely hope they make more, especially ones in other poses.

Question though: It looks like their plastic is harder and not as soft as G1s but are they as hard as the 24th Anniversary ones? thanks
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:41:03 AM by mlly »

Offline Chibiskittles

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2018, 08:33:53 AM »
I am possibly going to be on the hunt for a Minty and Bluebell for a friend... Does anyone else feel bad splitting up the set if each store is only getting 1 set each D: (the dilemma!)  (plus i want an extra 1 individual pony for myself to just debox and enjoy, not the full set, so i am going where my friend is going so the set is split up even more x_x)
I play World of Warcraft -WAY- too much.
after fifteen -THOUSAND- posts, I now haunt the Arena woodwork  :lol:
http://chibiskittles.tumblr.com/
~I make pretty things with yarn~

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2018, 10:02:18 AM »
As Christmas toys start to sell down, the toy aisles start to look empty, and any toy product that is in back gets pulled out and put on the shelf to fill holes. Flex. That is why the ponies were under shopkins- there was a hole to fill, and holes are bad.

Unfortunately the one near me has a toy dept that looks like a ghost town.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2018, 10:08:10 AM »
OMG - my pal in the US has *just* sent me a photo in an email - he has scored me a Cotton Candy!  :freak:
 :dance: :dance: :dance:
now to wait for someone to do a business trip from there to the UK to bring her over  :lol:

(CC was my first ever G1 pony that I got for my birthday as a child)

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2018, 10:37:37 AM »
I am possibly going to be on the hunt for a Minty and Bluebell for a friend... Does anyone else feel bad splitting up the set if each store is only getting 1 set each D: (the dilemma!)  (plus i want an extra 1 individual pony for myself to just debox and enjoy, not the full set, so i am going where my friend is going so the set is split up even more x_x)

Don't feel bad for buying something or not buying something. You don't have to buy the whole set if that's not what you want.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2018, 11:59:18 AM »
I found them at the 2nd Target I checked. They were on an endcap that looks like it is being used for random stuff. Here's a pic.

I was sure the store didn't have them as I checked the pony aisle and an end cap full of retro Fisher Price toys and retro Strawberry Shortcake dolls. There was one set of 6, one of each pony. I wish I could have bought them all but couldn't today. I'm hoping to at least get a few more to get most if not a complete set. I picked Minty. :) 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal