collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141642 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2018, 11:26:19 AM »
One of the Targets in my area didn't have 'em, so I'll stop by the one closer to me on Sunday when it sounds like they officially release.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2018, 11:27:56 AM »
Ohhh... I'm all for TBD upping the quality. Sunset's comparisons to the 25th Anniversary ponies makes the new ones look so much better than the previous release. Colors look accurate and more pleasant. Eyes look sweeter.

So they released them as flat foots, then concave, then MO, then 25th anniversay set, and now these.
I have them all but I totally need these too lol. It's like this clip from the simpsons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8

:lol:
I was thinking about this scene the other day.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2018, 12:14:00 PM »
I finished my video review for those interested.

https://youtu.be/Omd7wZ_Aas8

I only bought Minty to unbox, however later in the video I use the pictures I took in store to compare and contrast with the earlier releases.

Excellent review as always.  And I do share your disappointment on the set choice.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2018, 12:59:05 PM »
My Target has them in the back but wasnt allowed to put them out and sell them to me yet. Which is frustrating considering how many other Targets have them available and I dont live near any others  :huh:
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2018, 01:02:04 PM »
I finished my video review for those interested.

https://youtu.be/Omd7wZ_Aas8

I only bought Minty to unbox, however later in the video I use the pictures I took in store to compare and contrast with the earlier releases.

Super review!  :ohyeah:

Offline Chibiskittles

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2018, 01:04:19 PM »
it all depends on management.  I managed to go to a Target that was setting up the endcap early.  I was able to locate the DCPI online and the associate asked her manager if she could sell me a set early.  I just about died in the store of excitement :)

If anyone needs it, the DCPI is 086-00-2831, My Little Pony Animal is what the tags are going to say.  xD
I play World of Warcraft -WAY- too much.
after fifteen -THOUSAND- posts, I now haunt the Arena woodwork  :lol:
http://chibiskittles.tumblr.com/
~I make pretty things with yarn~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2018, 01:07:12 PM »
My Target has them in the back but wasnt allowed to put them out and sell them to me yet. Which is frustrating considering how many other Targets have them available and I dont live near any others  :huh:

That sucks! It could explain why they're not on the website?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2018, 01:11:31 PM »
it all depends on management.  I managed to go to a Target that was setting up the endcap early.  I was able to locate the DCPI online and the associate asked her manager if she could sell me a set early.  I just about died in the store of excitement :)

If anyone needs it, the DCPI is 086-00-2831, My Little Pony Animal is what the tags are going to say.  xD

Great detective work!!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2018, 01:21:28 PM »

Thanks for the info! When I got to target next I will be on the lookout. And My Little Pony Animal is hilarious XD

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline RavenPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 05, 2018, 01:23:51 PM »
OMG Squeeee!! I must have all of these!  Especially Snuzzle for my Peachy & Snuzzle army that I am slowly building.  But really all of them.  I didn't buy the 25th anniversary ones because they didn't appeal to me at the time, but lately I have been kicking myself about that, especially when looking on eBay for them and seeing the prices.  But seeing the pics of these and hearing about how much better they are makes me really excited to get them.  :D  Ohh I really hope they make more ponies too!  Let's hope these sell well so they have incentive to release more.  I too would love to see Firefly and Applejack and Twilight and any other ponies re-released like this!

I get annoyed whenever Hasbro make out like 1983 is the anniversary year. It isn't. I don't care what the technicalities might be about store shelves and whatever, the designs and the moulds are 1982. Besides, MLP came to the UK in 1983 and we were a year behind the US, where they began. I know people have different views on it, but I find it annoying.

This is my one big complaint about them.  Whatever anyone else thinks, to me MLP's birthday will always be 1982.  Although I admit I do have self-centered reasons for this.  I'd love to see my birth year on the boxes.  Hehehe!  XD
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 05, 2018, 01:28:00 PM »

I’m sorry. When the pearly G4 seaponies came out I found 3 at Toys R US and picked 2 to buy. When I got up to the register the employee told me the toys were street dated and he wasn’t allowed to sell me the seaponies. He told me to come back on the street date.   

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 05, 2018, 02:31:34 PM »
Thanks everyone who liked the review. :D  I stayed up way to late working on it but I wanted to get it out asap.  And I still managed to forget to do some stuff like show the hoof markings.

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2018, 03:08:12 PM »

That sucks! It could explain why they're not on the website?

Yeah... I drove 40mins needing nothing else at Target. I supposed thats what I get for not literally calling them to check. Oh well. I'll try again next week!

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2018, 03:16:09 PM »

I’m sorry. When the pearly G4 seaponies came out I found 3 at Toys R US and picked 2 to buy. When I got up to the register the employee told me the toys were street dated and he wasn’t allowed to sell me the seaponies. He told me to come back on the street date.   

Ponyfan

Yeah, I suppose I'd been even more frustrated had I made it all the way to the register with them in hand! Glad to know Im not the only one these things happen to

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2018, 04:03:37 PM »
If they appear here in the UK I will definitely be trying to get them. I have most of the 25th anni repros but don't like their hard plastic, off colours and the fact that none of them stand up!  :huh:

So...these look to be much better quality and a more accurate copy of the originals so it'd be nice to have a second bite of the apple  :lol:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal