collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you miss?  (Read 4944 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: What do you miss?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 10:03:16 PM »
I was part of so many online communities during the mid 2000s that are gone or pretty much dormant. Virtual pet sites like Neopets and Wajas and GoPets. Pixel Art forums like Eden Enchanted. And most of all the Petz community. I used to love pushing the code of the game to get all kinds of fantastical creatures and then trade them with other fans.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 10:27:27 PM »
I miss the old smarthone-less days too. I am sick of people being on their phones 24 hours a day.
I miss not having to worry about money.
I miss time passing slower. The summer vacation of 6 weeks was endless. Now, it passes in the blink of an eye.
I miss being able to actually play with my toys.
I miss having a best friend to steal horses with.
I miss having rats.
I miss going to school/ university, sitting in a library all day studying.
I miss having that special someone in my life to come home to every evening.

And because I am living abroad, of course I miss some more things from home. My parents of course, and our two cats. I also miss German bread and goat cheese.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 05:31:03 AM »
Ecto-cooler (you guys have no idea how much I miss this!)
The ability to turn on TV without having cable and watching GOOD Saturday morning cartoons (you know, those ones from the late 80's-mid 90's).
Disney Afternoon
TGIF
SNICK
(Most of my life I watched A LOT of tv if you can't tell.)
I miss when I weighed 30 lbs less, the whole health difference and better feeling about body image.
Working less than 15 hours a week.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 06:59:17 AM »
I miss my days in Austin.  That was such a great time living with mom and my grandma.  I had awesome friends, and there was so much to do. 

I also miss Nickelodeon.  Nick hasn't been a decent network in YEARS.  The last time I actually enjoyed it was when Rugrats, Doug, Aah! Real Monsters, etc was on the air.  I hate that there's not a single good show on Nick now. 

Also, I miss going to my grandma's house every other weekend when I was a kid.  We'd always hit up Chuck E Cheese, and then TCBY after.  And we'd sit around watching cartoons on Saturday mornings.  That was such a fun time!

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 07:21:09 AM »
I miss chat rooms!  I remember from like 14-19 my favorite thing was coming home from school and logging on AOL and talking to my friends.  And everyone there knew just how much you wanted them to know about you, now they can find out everything about you via facebook. 

I miss endless summers that seemed like they went on forever without any responsibilities.

I miss not paying for stuff!  Not worrying about bills or paying for vacations was greater than I realized at the time!

I miss dance!  I used to take 4 times a week and teach, and I was in great shape, and now well, not so much! I quit because I was getting too old for where I was dancing, and nothing was advancing, but I wish I'd just switched studios or gotten into classes in college.

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 12:23:53 PM »
- I miss the time Friendship is Magic was good.

- From a lot farther back, I really miss Christmas being about the holiday spirit and excitement. Now its just decorating the same tree with the same ornaments and next day, being given the same gifts while insane family rivaly is going on, nobody visiting anybody.

- Tied to that, I miss the times when I had to store the candies in enormous bags, and they could last from December 6 to February 28.

- When we were residing at my grandmothers' with my brother while parents were off to work, and we kept blasting Darude - Sandstorm from the tape player (not even knowing the song's name of course).

- The girl from elementary school who everybody - but me - bullied like an army of toreadors around a bull. She taught me how to run, and despite being violent enough to send two idiots to hospital she was great to talk to, and even greater to aid when she pursued hordes into our traps.

Offline Lilithdrff

• Altered Soul
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Crazy Cat Lady
    • View Profile
    • AlteredTime Design
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 02:52:45 PM »
I miss being 21 lol. I'd give anything to be 21 again and start over.

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 02:55:25 PM »
I miss the innocence, the days before cell phones were everywhere(I hate cell phones), the atmosphere...it may sound silly but I miss the feel of the way things were before. It just completely disappeared in 2014...

I miss more than I could fit into one post.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 03:15:40 PM »
I miss......... A lot of things.....

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 05:08:24 PM »
I miss the days before texting, etc became the rage, back when cellphones were used to only call people.

I miss MLP when it had better variety.  Like pre Core 7 in G3 times.

I miss the last house I lived in before we moved back to Rhode Island from Kentucky, I miss Kentucky in general. :(

I miss Disney and Nickelodeon from the late 80's early 90's.

I miss being a kid and having summer vacation, well I miss the days before I had a job like before you're legally allowed to have a job.  But, in a different note I can buy things I want instead of asking my parents and hearing no. :P

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 07:07:17 PM »
I'm afraid I really don't understand the missing the days before cell phones became big. I'm not always on my phone, but I do like really having it. I love being able to text people, instead of having to call! I love having a camera (even though it's not the best) for those random times where I don't have my real camera (or it's dead, which usually happens lol). I love having the internet on my phone!

Ever since I was really young, I always had to have something to occupy me... So I suppose that may be why. But when I'm out to socialize with people, I socialize with them more than I spend time on my phone.

I was part of so many online communities during the mid 2000s that are gone or pretty much dormant. Virtual pet sites like Neopets and Wajas and GoPets. Pixel Art forums like Eden Enchanted. And most of all the Petz community. I used to love pushing the code of the game to get all kinds of fantastical creatures and then trade them with other fans.

I never was a part of any of those particular communities, but I do agree in general. I remember forums being so much fun back in the mid 2000s! It's probably just because I was a teenager.

|My Collection|

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2015, 07:17:30 PM »
I miss the days in middle school and in high school that I spent at my former best friend's house, playing in her creek, riding her horses, swinging on her swings strung from tree branches out in the woods and watching the sky. And all of our sleep overs and fun times swimming and everything. Playing in nature was such a wonderful thing as a kid. I loved my internet and was on it all the time at home, but her mother would often take her dial up internet cord away so we went outside and I'm thankful for that in retrospect. Maybe I'll do that with my kids if I have them. No cell phones after school. Is it torture or good to do? Hmmm. :P

I miss the days I used to watch Simpsons every Sunday with my sisters and my dad when I was littler. I remember how hurt my dad was when I turned into a teenager and no longer wanted to come down to watch it with him. Many weeks he asked me many times, 'don't you want to come down and watch with me?' with hurt in his voice and I'd angrily say no. I should do that with him again.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:19:51 PM by ponycake »

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 08:08:18 AM »
I guess I miss some things that are more serious, but in a more nostalgic vein I'll just say that I miss seeing my friends regularly. In high school and college, it's so much easier to keep in touch with people because you see them all the time; you don't have to make an effort to catch them on the phone, organize people's crazy schedules to find a day you can actually meet, etc, because you see each other in class or Bible study or every-week events or just on campus. To those of you in the high school and college range: enjoy the ability to meet up with people as much as you can! (You can tell I'm getting old. I'm sharing my wisdom with the youngins. :P)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2015, 01:06:47 PM »
I miss the simplicity of life before cell phones. There seemed to be a lot more social interaction.

I miss Saturday morning cartoons.

I miss my college days. Those were the greatest 4 years of my life.

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2015, 01:25:52 PM »
I miss not being in chronic pain all the time. :P  How free it was to be able to do anything, anytime, if you wanted to and not being held back because it hurts too much. And I mean simple stuff - like going for a nice walk, gardening.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal