collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Themes/Symbols you'd like to see!  (Read 733 times)

Online Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
Pony Themes/Symbols you'd like to see!
« on: July 06, 2022, 02:16:14 PM »
What are some pony themes or symbols that haven't been used yet (or have been underused), that you would like to see on a pony? (of any generation)

I'm surprised that there aren't really any donut ponies, except for G4 Donut Joe who didn't get a toy (and has the typical boring G4 male color scheme)

Likewise, there aren't any true banana ponies. There's Banana Surprise in G1...who's pink and blue with an ice cream symbol. And G4 blind bags Banana Fluff...with a generic diamond symbol, and Banana Bliss...who's blue and pink. I just want a proper yellow pony with a banana symbol.

Lime is also another fruit that hasn't been represented by a pony. A key lime pie themed pony would be cute!

I'd also love a succulent pony!

A boba pony made in the G4 Water Cutie style, with little pearls floating inside, would also be a pretty cool concept.

I'd love to see ponies with more magical themed symbols, like crystal balls or wizard hats.

Outdoorsy/camping ponies, with symbols like a campfire, s'mores, pinecones, etc. would also be really cute. I thought an acorn pony would be cute, but then I learned that acorns are toxic to horses....maybe she could be a villainous character who's like, a poisons expert?

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Themes/Symbols you'd like to see!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 03:05:17 PM »
It would be nice to see occult symbols, :devious: but it would not be possible / allowed. But bones and skulls are perhaps allowed for some nefarious character!  :cool:
An owl would also be great! :heart:

Has a coffee themed pony ever been made?  :awake:
:zzz:

Offline Owlbeast

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 03:20:24 PM »
i'd like more ponies with animal symbols, especially cats. pumpkin tart's symbol is what makes her one of my favorite g3s.

and a pony with an owl symbol would be awesome! my pony character has one for her symbol.  :)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 03:40:26 AM »
I think Tutti Frutti has a lime :-)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 06:07:12 AM »
Succulent pony!!!

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 09:20:26 AM »
More animals! Yes to more cats. Can never have too many cats. Owl would be cool. A little fox or wolf pony, hawk or eagle, bears! not just teddy bears.

More cosmic/space stuff. I know there is a lot already but they tend to be popular so why not more?

More technology? Like a phone, computer, stereo, game console... this would make a cute Big Brother set :tellme:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 10:30:28 AM »
Agreeing with more animal themed ponies. Never enough cat themed ponies.  :biggrin: Owls, bears, seals, whales, sharks, hummingbirds … so many possibilities.

I’d love to see more fruit themed ponies too! Mangoes, limes, more watermelon and pineapple too.

Not possible to go wrong with more space / star themed ponies. Space themed Big Brothers! Imagine darker colors or even a northern lights inspired one. Gorgeous!

Offline SweetNightmare

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙*uᴥu *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙*
    • View Profile
    • My Carrd.co
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2022, 11:10:29 AM »
It would be nice to see occult symbols, :devious: but it would not be possible / allowed. But bones and skulls are perhaps allowed for some nefarious character!  :cool:
An owl would also be great! :heart:

Has a coffee themed pony ever been made?  :awake:

I would like to see bones too. There were g4 ponies that had bones \ skulls as their cutie marks, Petunia Paleo was my favorite

The only one that I can think of that was made into a toy was this Shadow Bolt figurine

So maybe in the future they could make an archeologist \ halloween \ scary \ pirate pony with skull or bones as their cutie mark

As for coffee I can only think of Mochanut and Tira-mi-su and they only have cups as their cutie marks.

I also would like to see more animal themed ponies, as well as fruit\veggie themed ponies.

I feel like plant themed set would be pretty cool (plants that are not flowers that is).
**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚visitors can't see pics , please register or login
˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

My Checklist || My Wishlist || My Carrd.co
Signature by  starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2022, 02:41:45 PM »
Stained glass and zodiac constellations come to mind.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheClassCalico

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2022, 05:31:11 PM »
I'd definitely like some coffee or tea ponies! I'd also like to see more chocolate themed ponies (preferably with a chocolatey colour scheme, yum!), more animal themed symbols and maybe some more comical themes!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2022, 07:20:40 PM »
I'm surprised that there aren't really any donut ponies, except for G4 Donut Joe who didn't get a toy (and has the typical boring G4 male color scheme)

Likewise, there aren't any true banana ponies. There's Banana Surprise in G1...who's pink and blue with an ice cream symbol. And G4 blind bags Banana Fluff...with a generic diamond symbol, and Banana Bliss...who's blue and pink. I just want a proper yellow pony with a banana symbol.

Lime is also another fruit that hasn't been represented by a pony. A key lime pie themed pony would be cute!

A boba pony made in the G4 Water Cutie style, with little pearls floating inside, would also be a pretty cool concept.

What a fun thread!  And I love these ideas above.  The boba pony is such a cool idea.  I think there IS a key lime themed G3?  Wait...no...I THOUGHT she was key lime themed but she is KIWI themed! 

Some others I would like...well, a crayfish-themed pony (I really liked Gator's recent custom!), and I agree with others about plant-themed and tea/coffee-themed ponies.  And camping theme, yes!  Also...maybe a series of TAF ponies based on the four seasons?  An ocean life series with a whale, dolphin, sea turtle, sea otter...etc.  "Ponies around the world" series with symbols based on different nations.  Sports themed ponies that come with a relevant accessory like hockey stick, soccer ball, etc.  Its fun to dream!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline DracoKat

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2022, 06:56:43 AM »
I'd like to see Egyptian symbols.
Or mythological symbols

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2022, 07:31:29 AM »
Woodland critters! Squirrels, hedgehogs, rabbits, foxes :heart: And more tree themed ponies. I love Breezie (g3) and of course Gusty. I like the idea of pinecones too. And then of course the colors should match the woodland theme with greens, brown and orange hues.

Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Kitcatepic

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2022, 07:52:47 PM »
More animals! Yes to more cats. Can never have too many cats. Owl would be cool. A little fox or wolf pony, hawk or eagle, bears! not just teddy bears
Yes more cats I want tabby just for her symbol
long live chrysalis

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2022, 05:09:08 AM »
More birds.  When I was younger, I designed a set of pegasus ponies that each had a bird symbol: Blue Jay, Robin, Blue bird, etc.  I was inspired by the flutterpony gimmick, and each of these pegasus' would have a little corresponding bird on their back that you would push down on to make their wings flap.  I also drew a set of ponies that all had instrument symbols.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal