collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 ... How many ponies?  (Read 651 times)

Offline hellapostalia

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Hello sweetie...
    • View Profile
G1 ... How many ponies?
« on: July 03, 2016, 08:42:53 PM »
Trying to get a rough idea of what I'm in for... How many regular US issue ponies were available? I've heard 600?

How many mail order US ponies available?

How many unique UK ponies released?

How many unique European (continent) ponies released?

Not worried about nirvanas now bc I can't afford them but any other info from collectors would be amazing!!!!

I'm not including variants, but if you have a random number on those that would be fantastic also!

Thank you so much!
:biggrin:

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1 ... How many ponies?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 09:39:31 PM »
Look on mylittlewikia.com

Offline PeachyPie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • ~*~*Wishlist*~*~
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 10:52:22 PM »
Someone asked me this the other day. And I kept meaning to look it up.

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 11:36:21 PM »
The resource I usually use for these is this website:

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/mylittlepony.php

But to summarise it (Generally counting a playset means it came with a Pony):

Year 1-6 Ponies, 7 if you count the original My Pretty Pony

Year 2-23 Main Releases, two of the three Sea Ponies were completely different in the UK. 3 Mail Order (They're all Ember, but with different designs). 5 Playsets were released with one having a re-release and one having a UK only version

Year 3-42 Main Releases, including Megan & Sundance and a cassette set with baby Ember. 12 Mail Order, one birthflower pony for each month (24 if you count the Australian versions which had a greater variety). 3 Playsets, one had a re-release of Megan & Sundance, another had a UK only version

Year 4-72 Main Releases, including 9 European exclusives there were some re-releases that weren't counted and some alternate versions, this was a year when there were a lot of Ponies released with a specific gimmic and were only released without it in one or two countries or as an alternate set in Europe (so soft ponies without flocking, beddy-bye eye ponies with normal eyes). 6 Mail Orders who were all re-releases of the original six Ponies but with slightly different molds. There were 5 play set releases (6 counting Paradise Estate) including 1 repeat, 2 UK exclusives, and the birthday party set with 5 Ponies (so 9 individual playset ponies)

Year 5-63 Main Releases (69 if you count the twins individually) including 4 non-pony friends, 2 sets of European exclusive twins, 6 boys also sold only in Europe, and three giants baby ponies called the "soft sleepy newborns", there was also an alternate version of the Princess Pony set that was released in Germany and used the UK and was not included in the count. 4 Mail Orders, including one that came with an alternate version of Spike (Hollywood) and one that had three different releases (Satin n' Lace). 4 Playsets, including the slumber party set with 5 ponies (so individual 8 playset ponies).

Year 6- 63 Main Releases, 69 if you count twins individually, includes 4 non-pony friends. 7 Mail Orders, Clipper and a set of six. There were also 2 playsets

Year 7- 71, 84 if you count the non-pony friends sold together with a pony and the individual ponies which includes 3 younger brothers only sold in the UK, there are also some releases not counted including twice as fancy Megan & Sundance. 14 Mail Orders plus Llama which was Canadian exclusive and was originally part of the Jem line, there was also a batch of re-releases not counted (including versions of beddy-bye eyed pones with normal eyes), the number does include pearlised version of 6 baby ponies and 1 UK exclusive. None of the playsets included Ponies and most were re-releases.

Year 8-34, including an alternate version of the baby sparkle ponies only sold in Europe, but with different names and being completely distinct apart from the cutie mark. 12 Mail Orders (14 counting ones released as a pair), including a UK exclusive and one given out as a Chuck E Cheese prize. 1 playset was released, this one was a re-release but had a new pony

Year 9-46 Main Releases, 12 were European Exclusives. 4 Mail Orders, one was a mother & child pair (so 5 individual Ponies), and one was only in Europe, another was Rapunzel which is insanely expensive. 3 Playsets, all of which were European exclusives, there was also an alternate version of Firefly that came with a VHS of the first pilot special which looked more like the one from the video

Year 10-42 Main Releases, 11 were European exclusive including 3 that were a variation of the
US set. 1 Mail order Pony & 1 playset (Both were only in Europe)

Years 11 & 12 Were only released in Europe and had 32 Main series ponies in year 11 (Including the characters from My Little Pony Tales) and 18 in year 12 (The only playsets those years were the bed and crib for the surprise twins mother from year 12 and her foals, so it's 20 Ponies if you count them)

So about 652 individual ponies in total
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:42:55 PM by Motion-Paradox »

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 11:47:41 PM »
652? I'm surprised, I honestly thought it was about 1,000  :lol:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 12:36:23 PM »
Loving family pony extras were actually one sister and two brothers and they were sold in Europe, not just the UK. Though I admit I like it better when all the years are done together and there's no separation of the UK and European line into something segregated from some mythical "mainstream" US line.

I have never really tried to figure out how many, bearing in mind that the same pony may be sold in different places but made in different countries or with minor differences. Some people count them and some don't. Others are more glaring differences, like poses or flocking, but where do you draw the line? And are Dream Beauties ponies? What about Petites? Do those count? Mummy Charms? Plush?

Six to seven hundred basic ponies is probably about right - but it really depends on your parameters, which is why this is such a vague reply.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hellapostalia

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Hello sweetie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 07:54:10 PM »
Oh thank you guys so much for this info! This is super helpful... Thank you so much for all of the detail twilight pink! And I agree with you too Taffeta... What is a pony? It gets so subjective.
:biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal