collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Missing ponies you sold  (Read 3195 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Missing ponies you sold
« on: November 21, 2023, 11:31:43 AM »
Hello everyone,

I sold ponies out of necessity a while back. This may sound silly and overly emotional but I miss them. They were all very dear to me and I have replaced some of them but I still miss the ones I don't have back yet.

Annyone going through  the same?

I still feel a bit silly but I felt like sharing.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Missing ponies you sold
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 12:16:40 PM »
Yes. I sold the majority of my collection including grail ponies and all my Argies. I kept my childhood ponies, my Raincurl and Applejack armies and some other favorites. It was something I had to do and it helped me financially but I regret it, not that I really had a choice. I haven't been able to enjoy ponies since.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 12:25:51 PM »
Yes. I sold the majority of my collection including grail ponies and all my Argies. I kept my childhood ponies, my Raincurl and Applejack armies and some other favorites. It was something I had to do and it helped me financially but I regret it, not that I really had a choice. I haven't been able to enjoy ponies since.

Same here. I'm sorry you don't enjoy ponies anymore but I do understand. Any way I can help you?
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 01:09:27 PM »
yes, when my kids were little and we were renting small houses and moving a lot, needed both the money and space and there were those times earlier on in collecting when something was in really rough condition i would sell it on  :facepalm:
 this was before I became a pro at restoring and re-hairing and I didn't know you could get nylon doll hair  -_-, I truly regret it now cos somethings I just can't get back because they are so hard to get hold of also its annoying cos of postal inflation, currency and NZ government adding on extra taxes now  on anything coming into the country I just can't comprehend paying so much now  :cry:.  Anyways I just tend to enjoy what I still have now, they have brought me many happy years of collecting in the past.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2023, 01:15:05 PM »
Yes. I sold my collection except a few ponies several years ago. I had moved into a small apartment at the time and felt I couldn’t enjoy them. Now I have space again I started to miss them. I’m currently rebuilding my g4 brushables collection and almost back to completion. I do feel bad about selling before, especially since I’m paying a lot more to get them back and also some of them have flaws which my originals didn’t. I am liking having them again but feel like my connection isn’t as strong as with my original collection. Maybe that will change with more time.

Offline MintamenaPie

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sailorangei.livejournal.com/
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 03:38:27 AM »
Twice in the past few years I sold a pony I actually needed but assumed I didn’t. Finally bought a replacement to one at this PFF. Annoyingly that was part of a G2 set, and the other one would have meant I’d have all the G1 princesses complete by now. XD

I do regret giving one of my childhood ones to my cousin when we were kids, and I’m always on the lookout for her on sale. She had a unique bit of damage and I hope one day that means she’ll return.

Art by SpottedSlug and MustBeJewel.

Previously known as Steves_Minty.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 03:44:59 AM »
Same here. I'm sorry you don't enjoy ponies anymore but I do understand. Any way I can help you?

Aw, you're so sweet. No, not unless you have all the ponies I sold and you want to give them back to me :lol:

I've been trying to fill the pony void with something else. I started collecting some other things, but the joy is limited.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2023, 03:51:50 AM »
Sold an amazing Ribbons that I deflocked myself many years ago.
She was stunning under the flocking and it was many hours of hard work to deflock her.
I'm not really sure why I sold her. Spur of the moment kind of thing....

Still miss her  :blush:

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2023, 05:42:26 AM »
I've sold quite a few ponies over the years and ended up regretting it. but it was always because i needed the money for something else. usually times when i was in between jobs. it helped me pay bills and get groceries so i guess regret may not be the right word. i once had to sell ponies when i was a freelancer because i client wouldn't pay on time and bills were coming due. i'm still angry about that.

TBH i go back and forth between thinking i'm going to be done with ponies and wanting to have a huge collection. I always thought i would collect for a little while, get it out of my system and downsize to 10 or so. i haven't been able to make that stick. right now i'm trying to rebuild my collection again.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2023, 08:50:02 AM »
YES!

I have been slowly buying back/replacing some ponies I sold quite a few years ago.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2023, 01:51:49 PM »
Yes! Luckily, so far I only had to sell a few to pay bills at the time, but one of them was a beautiful Blueberry Basket, and I do so regret it. I wish I had asked my mom to lend me the money, as it just was for a small bill ...
I have sold some MIB G3 because I really don't have the space, but I don't miss them. I think I won't sell any of my G1 again, I am too attached to them.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2023, 09:51:18 AM »
I remember selling a MOC Applejack (Y3 US release) some years back because I needed the money, and then realised I didn't have her in any form whatsoever. So that sucked. I ended up being able to replace her with one who had backcard, comb and sticker, though, so it was all all right in the end.

I don't generally sell anything from my collection, though I have downsized MIP ponies in the past. And the only one I regretted was that AJ. :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2023, 12:15:36 PM »

Aw, you're so sweet. No, not unless you have all the ponies I sold and you want to give them back to me :lol:

I've been trying to fill the pony void with something else. I started collecting some other things, but the joy is limited.

Thank you. I have some ponies but I'm located in the eu :/.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline CuddlyParrot

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Cuddlyparrot's Nestbox
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2023, 02:39:13 PM »
Yes I have felt this way. I'm in the middle of selling again and take a deep breath everytime. Of the 50 MIB I sold last year I did re-buy 5 of them out of package.  I do feel very emotional about them being gone every once in a while, but I do have an attached to MLP from childhood trauma. I make sure to take care of and display the ones I did keep in very special and visible locations instead of packed away.

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2023, 10:14:17 AM »
Thank you all for sharing. I feel better now that I'm not alone. I hope you can all get back the ponies you lost.
Lover of Windwhistler

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal