collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Toys R Us Rewards, Doesn't Seem Worth It  (Read 826 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Toys R Us Rewards, Doesn't Seem Worth It
« on: August 22, 2014, 11:07:19 AM »
A couple of weeks ago on one of my trips to Toys R Us I signed up for the free rewards program.  I am getting back into Monster High again so I thought maybe I'd get coupons and stuff for the dolls.  I was told by the cashier I would get coupons but I haven't seen any in my email since I got the rewards.  I have bought about four dolls so far and nothing. I checked the email address they have and it's correct.  Also, I guess after a lot of purchases you get $5 in rewards, it goes by a point system and so far I don't have a lot of points and $5 isn't that much.  I figured for all those purchases you make to get there they should give you at least $20.

Has anyone else signed up for this?  I thought it would be a great thing to have, but now I'm not sure.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Toys R Us Rewards, Doesn't Seem Worth It
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:25:38 AM »
My mom signed up a few years back and we still have not seen anything :(

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 11:38:02 AM »
Check your spam. My Rewards emails were being locked in spam folders.

Did you register online?  https://rewardsrus.toysrus.com/enrollquick.cfm
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 11:46:52 AM »
I signed up for it earlier this year, since my brother and I are 80s kids who buy ponies and Transformers all the time, as well as stuff for my 5 year old. 

I get emails and an actual postcard with my coupons/offers on them as well.  I usually only get about $5 off each earning period, which isn't much, but sometimes there are "buy one, get one half off" coupons included as well. 

Check your junk/spam mail, and add toysrus to your safe senders/domain list to make sure you get the emails. Or you could also ask the local TRU if they have your correct email on file the next time you are there.  Maybe someone input it incorrectly when signing you up... Just a thought. 
:)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 11:49:04 AM »
We signed up a few years ago and get things every so often. I mean you don't get lots, sure but it doesn't cost anything so why not. We only buy things we'd buy anyway so a $5 reward for just doing what we do every once in a while is great.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 11:49:44 AM »
I have been signed up for a few years and I rarely get a coupon by email or mail :/

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 12:42:45 PM »
I am signed up and get their sales ads. Also I get reward certificates based on how much I spend there.

I typically only get the exclusives there unless they have a sale that brings their prices closer to what I can find at Target.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 01:25:35 PM »
Every once in a while I get a $1 or $5 off coupon. Since it's free I don't mind if I don't get coupons very often.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Toys R Us Rewards, Doesn\'t Seem Worth It
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 05:17:36 PM »
I have a junk folder in my email and I see if I have a message there, there will be a number.  I always check in case it's not junk.  I have signed up online that is how I was able to check my rewards and stuff. :)  I don't know if you have to spend so much to get rewards or like someone mentioned you get one every once in a while.  I was hoping for something like buy one get one half off or free or 50% off your purchase.  I spent $50 today and last time I was there I got a Photo Finish, which didn't cost much.

Post Merge: August 22, 2014, 05:49:54 PM

I just checked my rewards and it has the right email listed but it also shows my last purchase being Photo Finish, which was a couple of weeks ago.  Today, I bought Monster High Manster two-pack dolls and Dracubecca.  It was around $50 something with tax.  Does it take a day or so to reach your rewards?  I thought it would show up right away.  They asked for my rewards card and they scanned it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 05:49:54 PM by Majesty »

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »
Did you give the cashier your card?  If they do not scan your card you do not get the rewards.  If you are having em look it up, are you sure they are finding you?  And not someone else?  Check your receipt, it will your rewards number listed towards the bottom if it scanned.

In store just using the rewards card, not their CC you get one point for each dollar.  If you have the cc and pay with it, your points are doubled. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 06:36:11 PM »
As a former employee allow me to shed some light on the rewards program.

For the free card you earn a 2 points for every dollar you spend and once you get over 500 points THAT is when you start getting coupons. Yes, you need to register your card online in order to see how many points you. No, they cannot check many you have at the store.

If you sign up for the credit card you earn 4 points for every dollar and if you use it outside the store you earn 2 for every dollar. Again, you need to register the card online and points cannot be checked by employees.

Earning 500 is easy to do during the holidays because they have double point Wednesdays. Generally, the card is good to have then, but the rest of the year not so much.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:38:16 PM by Midnight_Dream »

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 07:57:18 PM »
Yes, I also find it's good during the holidays. You do have to spend quite a bit to really get anything back otherwise, but since its free and they don't seem to send you any junk mail, I think it's worth it.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

pallas

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 11:13:45 PM »
Actually the best features are the ability to return items without a receipt and having the receipts sent to your email both of which make returns much easier.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 05:04:45 AM »
Actually the best features are the ability to return items without a receipt and having the receipts sent to your email both of which make returns much easier.

Actually, even if you are not a Rewards member you can do a return without a receipt. All the cashier needs is your ID and it can be taken care of no problem.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »

Actually, even if you are not a Rewards member you can do a return without a receipt. All the cashier needs is your ID and it can be taken care of no problem.
There is a dollar amount limit when using your ID though, and you get the lowest selling price.  With your rewards card they can find the receipt and get you what you paid for it. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal