collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay help needed urgently! Update: case cancelled.  (Read 7342 times)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: Ebay help needed urgently! Update: not good
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 07:36:36 AM »
Wow, I think she waayyy over reacted in her response to you. I thought your message to her was perfectly reasonable. If it were me I would just cancel the sale and wash my hands of it, because it doesn't seem like your buyer is going to be reasonable about it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 07:57:57 AM by NoDivision »

mskittylovesrobin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 07:43:37 AM »
Wow, I think she waayyy over reacted in her response to you. I thought your message to her was perfectly reasonable. If it were me I would just cancel the listing and wash my hands of it, because it doesn't seem like your buyer is going to be reasonable about it.

I have to agree with NoDivision on this. However upset or disappointed there is no need to sound like that and she could have responded in a nicer manner like you did. From personal experience, I did the same and sent to a buyer in Italy and she never got it due to customs I think so I lost out on the item, postage and forced to refund the buyer who was not even thankful  :cry:

If you do get a negative feedback, you can always explain your actions in the response bit.

Whatever you do, Good luck my lovely xxx

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 08:03:18 AM »
Oh my goodness- with that kind of attitude, I am sure a lot of people would like to avoid dealing with this person...  :(
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

lostpony

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2016, 11:06:47 AM »
Unfortunate. 

But, your message did explain adequately and rather than be patient with you the buyer jumped to conclusions and got angry with you.  Sure, the buyer has reason to be upset but that reason isn't entirely your fault.  A buyer has a responsibility to be a little more professional too.

Your message did propose a re-list at a lower price.  You don't need to repeat yourself.  The buyer may reread everything and come politely ask for the relist.  I suggest you avoid sending more messages.  There is no need to justify yourself.  You have avoided getting any negative feedback, and you probably can't make the buyer feel better no matter what you do.

Consider it a learning experience and move on.

Post Merge: February 24, 2016, 11:10:24 AM

Um assuming you did cancel.  If you didn't, then it would be a good idea to do so or that temper may show itself on your feedback profile.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:10:24 AM by lostpony »

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 11:47:26 AM »
Is your high bidder by chance the buyer from this post http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,362963.msg1308008.html#msg1308008  I've had rude emails from the individual as well when I explained why I wouldn't ship to Itlay.  If it's the person, I would highly recommend NOT doing any business with them.

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 11:56:30 AM »
Do you think maybe they misunderstand what you had said? Though in Italy they usually learn English at school, maybe she doesn't know English well or not any at all? Perhaps she used a translator that messed up what you said?

I bought a couple books (Warrior Cats 'mangas') from a guy from Germany and he did not speak English, though they usually know English too.. (Luckily I understood somewhat of what he had said, and I replied in German too.. Though I think part of my reply was in English..)

Offline flying_narwhal

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2016, 12:48:42 PM »
Do you think maybe they misunderstand what you had said? Though in Italy they usually learn English at school, maybe she doesn't know English well or not any at all? Perhaps she used a translator that messed up what you said?

I bought a couple books (Warrior Cats 'mangas') from a guy from Germany and he did not speak English, though they usually know English too.. (Luckily I understood somewhat of what he had said, and I replied in German too.. Though I think part of my reply was in English..)

This was my thought as well, I think sometimes things get lost in translations. It seems to me that she completely misunderstood what you were trying to get across. Maybe someone fluent in Italian could translate the message for you?

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2016, 02:21:46 PM »
Its definitely an overreaction in my opinion.

But after living in Italy for 6 months I have learned that ALOT of Italians do not know English. I had a hard time asking any questions in English unless I was in Rome, and sometimes Venice or Milan.
It could be she wasn't able to translate your message.
I think you were totally reasonable, but I think with the language barrier I would avoid offering to ship them.
My family had a lot of trouble sending me care packages when I was living in Italy :(

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2016, 02:53:21 PM »
Thanks everyone!

The way her message is worded I figured she was using a translator so that's part of the issue. I also jumped the gun and cancelled the order before hearing back first as I was afraid that she'd force the issue.

If I knew they would make there in one piece I'd just send them and be done with it...

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2016, 02:59:24 PM »
I've been sending things to a couple people in Italy with no problems, although things definitely take longer than they should because of customs.

My guess is that the buyer was just really disappointed and probably gets shut out of auctions all the time because people don't like to post to Italy...

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2016, 03:47:35 PM »
I would immediately put her on your blocked bidder list.  If you send her any further messages, I would emphasize Italy's customs restrictions.  It's not your fault that Italy has an embargo on non-wooden toys.  Honestly, though, I don't think further contact with her will lead to anything good.

And yeah, the customs officers can and will confiscate forbidden items.  Not every item--some will get through.  But it is a risk.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:49:06 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 03:17:03 AM »
I genuinely think she misunderstood. Italians get the wodden toy issue all the time (and no - it is not enforced - it's an outdated law) and with limited English I bet she completely missed the part about the actual shipping cost.
I'm one of those people who can't let things go either, so I probably would write one last message reitterating.

I bet she is having a good rant about "Stupid US sellers" on her Facebook right now lol

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2016, 03:39:57 AM »
Silverdawn: She is not the same person as the one you posted, thank goodness!

I thought about it all yesterday and finally messaged her one last time as I just wanted to clear things up; I didn't want her to think it was because I mistrusted her/ thought Italy was a bad place.

I'm not going to post her name as I don't think she's a bad buyer but if someone wants to know you can PM me.

Thank you all so much for your help and support!!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2016, 10:10:26 AM »
Hello fellow Maine person! -waves- So sorry you had to deal with all this! :( I too think this is probably a case of the buyer not totally understanding your email because of translation issues. Hopefully your second message cleared things up and she feels a little better. At least you did all you could!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2016, 07:35:29 PM »
I genuinely think she misunderstood. Italians get the wodden toy issue all the time (and no - it is not enforced - it's an outdated law) and with limited English I bet she completely missed the part about the actual shipping cost.
I'm one of those people who can't let things go either, so I probably would write one last message reitterating.

I bet she is having a good rant about "Stupid US sellers" on her Facebook right now lol

I asked about this at my post office. The official customs list for Italy forbids toys not made wholly of wood (so no MLP), shipping insurance won't cover if a parcel is confiscated or lost because technically as stupid as the rule is- it was an prohibited item. All it would take is a by the book agent that day and boom- chargeback and I am out money, time and my item. I am sure it's rare that it happens, because it would be an incredible waste of resources to have enough agents to catch everything, but still a risk. On eBay I wouldn't post to Italy at all, it's expensive now to have a sellers account and you don't need to make it worse with added risk to your seller ratings and the perks maintaining a perfect one provides.

Italy collectors really need to get an exemption for vintage toys that are not toys but now collectibles for adults. Like the US with the exceptions to the lead/phthalates regulations.

*edit to add* :( It makes me really sad though. I know what it's like to have sellers not want to post to ones location. Italian collectors really get a raw deal and it's not fair.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 07:40:41 PM by FantasticFirefly »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal