collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay: Do buyers ALWAYS win?  (Read 2069 times)

kaskurgi

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ebay: Do buyers ALWAYS win?
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2013, 09:46:03 AM »
I use a cheap HP Printer from Walmart and it works great I think it was $29.99

If you sold it on eBay, you can print labels through eBay though - they always come with tracking included for free... If not free it's like $0.20... I used to not print labels but it's so much easier, cheaper and you always have tracking and online proof of shipping, that way eBay is usually on your side... I have to ask, was there a reason you didn't print the label online from eBay for a domestic package? (I'm not trying to sound mean or rude here! Sorry if it sounds that way! :blush:)

I already mentioned above that I do NOT have a reliable, quality printer. The only printer I ever owned and was satisfied with was a Lexmark/ Kodak printer - they no longer make these brands. I have owned 3 HP printers since then- I have not come across a printer that is reliable, so if you have any suggestions- please feel free to mention them.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2013, 02:11:29 PM »
I don't understand why if they are a member here they couldn't have sorted it through here....I mean you are a very reliable seller and trust worthy so I don't get why people get spiteful or whatever and start trying to ruin sellers by opening cases. I guess the moral of the story is to send everything tracked.

Honestly though then I think.... shouldn't buyers take more responsibility? Isn't it common sense to get your package tracked?

For example I ALWAYS insist that sending with tracking is the safer option.but the amount of buyers who demand lower shipping then the whole thing is my fault if it goes missing. :rolleyes: :argh:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2013, 02:24:53 PM »
but the amount of buyers who demand lower shipping then the whole thing is my fault if it goes missing. :rolleyes: :argh:

This is a major issue. I know personally that no one outside the US ever wants to pay the prices that USPS charges for "Priority International" mail which is tracked and insured now (up to $50 I believe)... I mean the First Class shipping is costly enough, and no one wants to pay $25 to ship a single pony that's only a $5 pony... it's a killer of international trades/sales... but yes, you're totally hitting the nail on the head there party - the buyers want the cheapest shipping option, then if something happens to the parcel, it's on the seller to fix it, when the seller may have offered a way to avoid the hassle in the first place by offering the tracked (more expensive) shipping option... Kinda sucks! :huh:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2013, 03:31:38 PM »

Honestly though then I think.... shouldn't buyers take more responsibility? Isn't it common sense to get your package tracked?

If its an eBay sale, I don't think a buyer should be expected to ask for tracking. Typically a delivery confirmation number is expected on eBay sales. eBay expects sellers to upload tracking numbers when the package ships. Delivery confirmation is free for Priority or $0.20 for First class packages when purchased online (both on USPS.com or eBay), so as a buyer (when both parties are in the US) you don't expect an additional charge to add DC on eBay purchases. In the last year, I've only received one package from eBay purchases that didn't include a DC#.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2013, 08:19:25 PM »

If its an eBay sale, I don't think a buyer should be expected to ask for tracking. Typically a delivery confirmation number is expected on eBay sales. eBay expects sellers to upload tracking numbers when the package ships. Delivery confirmation is free for Priority or $0.20 for First class packages when purchased online (both on USPS.com or eBay), so as a buyer (when both parties are in the US) you don't expect an additional charge to add DC on eBay purchases. In the last year, I've only received one package from eBay purchases that didn't include a DC#.

It may only cost $.20 if you print your own labels, but if you deliver the package to the post office they want $.90!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2013, 09:00:06 PM »

It may only cost $.20 if you print your own labels, but if you deliver the package to the post office they want $.90!

Sadly, that's kinda the point of them wanting you to print your own labels though... it may be annoying at first but, the $.70 you save when you go buy a printer AND be able to give your buyers a DC/tracking number will pay itself off in the long run... at least IMHO...
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2013, 09:15:12 PM »
What I meant by my last post is that I don't think there is a case of a buyer requesting a cheaper shipping method here & then using that against the seller.
 While that issue is a definite problem in some cases, including tracking in the shipping cost is a standard procedure on eBay sales between 2 destinations in the US, regardless of how or where postage is purchased.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2013, 02:29:05 AM »
Chip I think you are just going to have to raise your shipping prices to include tracking, since you are pretty adamant about not printing your labels through Ebay.  It is going to be the only way you are going to be protected in cases like this. I am not saying that similar instances may not happen but Ebay is more likely to side with you if the package shows tracking information.

Well, the results are in she ended up filing a case against me and e-Bay of course sided with her...

Then it made me even more sickened to find that the buyer is a member here and I was called a liar.

Only thing I can do is block said user  then raise my shipping costs and purchase tracking.

Oh dear!  Well, I hope the trader mods can support you with this one.  :(  If it's a continuing behavior, the community needs to be aware.   But I agree, at this point, a cheap printer that allows you to obtain tracking numbers for all outgoing packages would make a world of difference!

If you want to send me their ID I will be more than happy to look into see if there have been any other issues.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2013, 03:08:53 AM »
*Agrees with Ponylady's advice*  ^^  I dont think I can add anything to that ATM. I'm sorry that things didnt turn out well and its always more disappointing if it happens between two Arena members :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Honey Buzz Oregon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2013, 06:32:44 PM »
I am the one who filed the case against her. At what point did I call her a liar?????? I haven't even been on here since all this took place. So, you either have me confused with someone else or something. I had no idea that she was a arena member as I haven't been on the site in a very, very, very long time. Plus how in the world would I know that she is a arena member. My ebay id is not the same as my arena id, I never would think to ask "Are you a member of the arena?" On a side note this had nothing to do with arena so I didn't even bother to bring it here after my last experience bringing an ebay issue here.

I am extremely honest person & not a nasty person at all. I never got that pony. Look at my 100% feedback on ebay. Why would I lie over a $8.77 pony? Give me a break. If I'm going to ruin my feedback wouldn't you think I'd do it over something more than a $8.77 pony?

I had just assumed that it would be shipped with DC as I have NEVER gotten a package from ebay without one. I thought it was rule or something, apparently it's not. Plus I also know it doesn't cost $3.77 to send one pony first class mail without DC so again I assumed that DC was included. That was totally my bad. I had believed you couldn't get your money released to you unless you provided a tracking # or at least that has always been my experience on ebay. There must be a way around that now.

The # she kept giving me as a tracking # was just a purchase code # from when she paid for the postage. I went to the post office to find out what she was talking about. It just means she bought postage, it doesn't mean she left the package there. I have no proof what so ever that my pony was ever mailed & that's why ebay sided with me. Yes, I'm POSITIVE that she mailed my pony because I wouldn't ever understand why in the world would you pay for postage on something & then not mail it, but I NEVER RECEIVED A PONY FROM HER..... I never accused of her not shipping it.

It cost her $2.24 to ship this pony not $3.77 that she charged me. She could have paid the .90 or whatever it cost to add the DC# at the post office. It's not my fault that she didn't add that. She also failed to mention the tracking # she kept giving me wasn't even a tracking # that it was just a purchase # for the postage on the package.

If she would have just refunded me for the auction Ebay would have given her paypal fees back & the cost of the auction fees back. I'm not sure where she is coming up with that it cost her $25 plus for this auction.

I also paid for this pony the day after the she accepted my offer not a week as she claimed in her first post. I contacted her 10 days after I made my payment because I hadn't received DC# or a pony yet & wanted to know what the deal was. She told me if it hadn't come in a week to let her know that she would send me out another pony without such pink hair, but 2 good eyes. Why wouldn't you be offering a refund at that point? Or at least be sending pictures of this other pony? I didn't want another pony, I wanted the pony that I bought. I'm sorry, but if a buyer had contacted me & said they hadn't gotten a item I would be contacting them on daily basis to see if they got the item not just drop the issue. I also wouldn't be sending the buyer nasty messages as she did.

I haven't been on here because I've been trying to deal with the death of my grandmother to which I was extremely close with. So, estate sales, selling houses, wills, dividing up who gets what has pretty much taken up my time the past 2 1/2 months. Which is why I wasn't buying ponies off of here & why I bought it off of Ebay. I also for some reason can't get on this site through my kindle & I rarely get on my pc.

So, getting mad at me & calling me a liar is fine if it makes you feel better, but it's not the truth. I kept all of the emails through ebay & will be happy to forward them to any of the mods/admins that feel that they need to see them, but I REFUSE to be called a liar.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2013, 08:13:42 PM »
I am the one who filed the case against her. At what point did I call her a liar?????? I haven't even been on here since all this took place. So, you either have me confused with someone else or something. I had no idea that she was a arena member as I haven't been on the site in a very, very, very long time. Plus how in the world would I know that she is a arena member. My ebay id is not the same as my arena id, I never would think to ask "Are you a member of the arena?" On a side note this had nothing to do with arena so I didn't even bother to bring it here after my last experience bringing an ebay issue here.

I am extremely honest person & not a nasty person at all. I never got that pony. Look at my 100% feedback on ebay. Why would I lie over a $8.77 pony? Give me a break. If I'm going to ruin my feedback wouldn't you think I'd do it over something more than a $8.77 pony?

I had just assumed that it would be shipped with DC as I have NEVER gotten a package from ebay without one. I thought it was rule or something, apparently it's not. Plus I also know it doesn't cost $3.77 to send one pony first class mail without DC so again I assumed that DC was included. That was totally my bad. I had believed you couldn't get your money released to you unless you provided a tracking # or at least that has always been my experience on ebay. There must be a way around that now.

The # she kept giving me as a tracking # was just a purchase code # from when she paid for the postage. I went to the post office to find out what she was talking about. It just means she bought postage, it doesn't mean she left the package there. I have no proof what so ever that my pony was ever mailed & that's why ebay sided with me. Yes, I'm POSITIVE that she mailed my pony because I wouldn't ever understand why in the world would you pay for postage on something & then not mail it, but I NEVER RECEIVED A PONY FROM HER..... I never accused of her not shipping it.

It cost her $2.24 to ship this pony not $3.77 that she charged me. She could have paid the .90 or whatever it cost to add the DC# at the post office. It's not my fault that she didn't add that. She also failed to mention the tracking # she kept giving me wasn't even a tracking # that it was just a purchase # for the postage on the package.

If she would have just refunded me for the auction Ebay would have given her paypal fees back & the cost of the auction fees back. I'm not sure where she is coming up with that it cost her $25 plus for this auction.

I also paid for this pony the day after the she accepted my offer not a week as she claimed in her first post. I contacted her 10 days after I made my payment because I hadn't received DC# or a pony yet & wanted to know what the deal was. She told me if it hadn't come in a week to let her know that she would send me out another pony without such pink hair, but 2 good eyes. Why wouldn't you be offering a refund at that point? Or at least be sending pictures of this other pony? I didn't want another pony, I wanted the pony that I bought. I'm sorry, but if a buyer had contacted me & said they hadn't gotten a item I would be contacting them on daily basis to see if they got the item not just drop the issue. I also wouldn't be sending the buyer nasty messages as she did.

I haven't been on here because I've been trying to deal with the death of my grandmother to which I was extremely close with. So, estate sales, selling houses, wills, dividing up who gets what has pretty much taken up my time the past 2 1/2 months. Which is why I wasn't buying ponies off of here & why I bought it off of Ebay. I also for some reason can't get on this site through my kindle & I rarely get on my pc.

So, getting mad at me & calling me a liar is fine if it makes you feel better, but it's not the truth. I kept all of the emails through ebay & will be happy to forward them to any of the mods/admins that feel that they need to see them, but I REFUSE to be called a liar.

I know it took a lot of courage for you to post your side of the story here on the Arena.  I think its very hard for everyone who posts on Trader Support to know both sides of the story when only one person posts about an issue.  I do feel that all sellers should ship with a tracking number and you can get tracking numbers for first class as I have done it myself.  I am sorry that you have had to go through so much and then have to come here and go through it again.  I am glad its resolved though.  Sometimes sellers do send another pony out when one is lost.  I have been offered that in the past.  Its your right also to not want a pony that you didn't purchase especially when its not in the condition your original was in.  It does seem like a simple refund from the beginning would have made this transaction easier but at least for now you have your refund.  Its really a shame here because actually the post office could have lost this item and because there is no tracking...there is no way to find it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:29:22 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2013, 09:18:51 PM »
I also have  (or rather had) a 14 year record on e-Bay with 100% feedback... that is until you left me with NEGATIVE Feedback.

I too am sorry that the Post Office lost your pony.  You may not have called me a liar, but you implied it by stating "How do I know that you didn't mail out a package to someone else in my town"- that to me implies that you think I am a  dishonest Liar. I also told you that it was an internal tracking number and that the post office does not publish the number unless I pay .90.

...Hope everything works out with dealing with the death in your family.

Post Merge: September 26, 2013, 09:20:41 PM

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:20:41 PM by ChipsteRJ »

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2013, 06:04:32 AM »
I also have  (or rather had) a 14 year record on e-Bay with 100% feedback... that is until you left me with NEGATIVE Feedback.

I too am sorry that the Post Office lost your pony.  You may not have called me a liar, but you implied it by stating "How do I know that you didn't mail out a package to someone else in my town"- that to me implies that you think I am a  dishonest Liar. I also told you that it was an internal tracking number and that the post office does not publish the number unless I pay .90.

...Hope everything works out with dealing with the death in your family.

Post Merge: September 26, 2013, 09:20:41 PM

It doesn't imply that you are "a liar"... it could imply that a mistake was made. Maybe the wrong street address was accidentally written on the package?

As far as "there are 2 sides to every story", if the buyer had posted first saying that she never received her package, the advice from everyone here would be to open a case against the seller. If eBay forced a refund because the seller didn't resolve the problem to the buyers satisfaction, the buyer would also be advised by the community to leave appropriate feedback.

A valid tracking number would have saved a lot of headache for both parties. Hopefully both parties can move on & have better luck in future transactions.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:18:48 AM by kitkatvintage »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal