collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Super Smart Pets  (Read 1167 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: Super Smart Pets
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 03:57:26 PM »
Lol, my Pom uses his brain for evil, too! He looks awfully cute, but if he is mad at me (and he usually has a decent reason, like I put his blanket in the wash or something), he will get on my bed, move all of the blankets and stuff into a pile in the middle, then lift his leg on them! He's only ever done it twice, so I know it's just his ultimate punishment for my "bad" behavior (rather than being a housebreaking issue).

My other dog, though, is a poodle (a breed that is known for being very intelligent). I'm working on training her to be a service dog and while she picks some tricks up in a matter of minutes, other things take forever with her (she was formerly abused, so that's one of the setbacks in her training).

And then there's my cat. She knows keyboard shortcuts I don't know. She knows how to turn off the television and the computer. She freaking loves technology -- especially when I'm trying to use it! Her favorite things to do are to turn off the internet and press backspace while I'm typing. :/ She's also very OCD (an actual diagnosis that is possible for cats). Not only does she clean herself obsessively, but if she finds a spot on the carpet where something has been spilled or if a dog pees in the house, she tries to clean it up. That's actually convenient because if I wasn't aware of it she lets me know. She also lets me know about pretty much anything that is going on around the house (if one of my dogs cries and/or is hurt, she gets very concerned and comes running; if the window is open and it starts to rain, she lets me know).

Post Merge: March 10, 2015, 04:01:09 PM

I used to keep the kitty treats in a drawer.  So my cat learned how to open drawers.  ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He grabs the knob with one paw and helps jimmie the drawer open with the other as he walks backwards.
I actually have baby-proof items on all of my drawers, cabinets, etc. because my cat can open anything.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal