collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime Swap pony *Spirited Away- Haku* for Tsukikakushi  (Read 6812 times)

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Swap pony *Spirited Away- Haku* for Tsukikakushi
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2014, 10:56:44 PM »
EPIC is definately the only word that comes to mind...  how on earth did you pack her for shipping, I would have been terrified relinquishing her to the postal system
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2014, 07:29:30 AM »
Um holy wow!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2014, 09:24:16 AM »
He is incredable! What a amazing pony you have made Im a little lost for words:)

sam234uk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2014, 09:34:38 AM »
Brilliant! x

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2014, 10:17:39 AM »
This custom put a huge smile on my face! He is gorgeous, great work on capturing the character!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2014, 10:23:25 AM »
OMG!  Seriously that is so amazing and epic- WOW!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2014, 03:37:36 PM »
WOW! I had to show hubby since S.A. is one of his favourite movies. Amazing work!

EPIC is definately the only word that comes to mind...  how on earth did you pack her for shipping, I would have been terrified relinquishing her to the postal system

I was thinking the same thing!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2014, 08:51:40 AM »
so sorry for the delay in my replies, between work and packing for our move in a couple weeks i havent had time to do much more than take a glance at the arena once in a while. Finally a day off so i have time to sit down and reply to everyone. =]

i love you all! youve definately made me much much happier with how Haku turned out, i never imagined hed have such a warm welcome!

ima just go name by name to make sure i dont miss anyone. =P

kcherry: thanks so much! i really admire your work so it means a lot coming from you =D

Uninu: lol yeah i looove progress pictures, i love going thru how people do what they do, adapting some of their techniques for my projects or just staring in wonder and hating them (in the best way lol) so i always try to document my more... ridiculous... pieces as much as i can.

dashesndots: thanks! the eyes were a bit of a sore spot for me, redid them like 4 times, first my paint wasnt blending right, so i had to pick up some better shades the next day, acetoned them off, based in white and sanded to smooth out the patchyness, and tried again... multiple times. lol im still not entirely satisfied with the white anime reflection placement but by that time i was happy with the colorblend and didnt want to risk damaging it just to fiddle with blips. *end rant* so im sooo happy others think they turned out ok! LOL

SunPony: lol poor Pinkie didnt stand a chance. and i was taunting her the whole time like some crazy guy in a B horror movie. =P

Jennifer2004: Spirited Away is on of my favorite anime movies too, and Haku is definately my favorite character in it. well, i also like the sootballs, but a custom of one of those... not sure. =P tho part of me was giggling and thinking of doing the river spirit when it was all filthy dirty gross haha imagine it... just glue anything and everything to a 'zilla, model bicycles, a sink from a dollhouse, etc etc, pour black paint and glue all over it, then empty out the vacuum cleaner over it. DONE!

Kaoskat: thanks so much hun! your two customs are still some of my favorite customs in my collection! i keep staring at the Fallen Angel's stumps and loving your feather style!

Okami_Amaterasu: thanks a lot, the eyes were an interesting challenge, apart from random issues and learning curves it was a fun exercise on non-hasbro styles.

tikibirds: thanks! <3

gemini_pony: :hugs: thanks babes!

Sarahlacewing: aaw thanks so much hun! i kept changing my mind during this one... 'ooh great idea', 'dunno if this is working', 'nah its fine', 'i hates it!!!', 'nah it might be ok...' and so on. lol stupid indecisive brain.

tsukikakushi: so so so glad you like him lol ill admit... i spent a lot of time petting him while getting him ready for boxing haha. impossible to pick up without stroking the feathers! lol i hear ya on humoring bfs haha my fiance gets props for trying REEEALLY hard not to get that glazed look when i yammer on about ponies or anime haha. sometimes hes even successful. sometimes. =P

RedLynx: :lovey: that is all. <3

Cloud_weaver: =D wow thanks hun! and also: i love your 'sona!

Rhini: thanks a lot hun, i was trying really hard to get him as close to his character while keeping him still very... pony. which is why i decided against sculpting the dragon claws and leaving him pony-leg'd.

Midnight_Mocha: ive had a few of those *beep* moments, so giddy someone swore at my work (lol!) sadly i dont really use my arts for much apart from for kicks, lol i work for peanuts at Michaels, but hey, i get a nice discount that feeds my too-many hobbies. so im content. =P i mostly make things for friends as gifts or just for fun (from traditional art to quilting to customizing) but lately ive been getting more and more active commissionwise, so im hoping to at least be able to cover our rent with my work, which might be doable. =]

rosierjay: lol yep. lots and lots of progress pics. cause of my previous mention of loving seeing things being made, but also as a kind of note to myself how i did something in case i ever need to make another or something similar. =]

aintnobuffalo: thanks! i was hoping it might help others, or that others might have suggestions on how to improve on a technique or how they might have tried something. im always looking to learn new tricks to save time and stress!

whippycorn: thanks a lot hun!  :happy:

Waeponies: thanks babes! i love love love your kirara/san mashup! yay for fire fox kitties!!! i work with Magic Sculpt now (thanks again Lady Satine for telling me to switch to it earlier this year! its worth its weight in gold) and looks like my sister already posted about the dragon eggs. lol yeah, styrofoam eggs, about 450 thumbtacks, and a bunch of nailpolish. lol figures after i get rid of most of my polish that was gathering dust cause i dont usually bother with it i find an artsy use for it... which triggered an all out hunt and spending spree for pretty colors. and now i have twice as much as i did when i got tired of tripping over it before =P

pandabear_chan: WOW!!!  :worshippy: :ack: :worshippy: love love love love your hasbro remakes. some day... when i have money again... expect a pm from me!

BerryMouse: :hug: thanks hun, how is Void Dancer? ive been meaning to ask if she has been having problems with tackiness. some of my older works have been having issues (ive since changed my paint brand and so far *knock on wood* it doesnt seem to be a problem) hoping she was one of the lucky ones! someone told me a while ago that it can be treated by putting it in the fridge of all places til it dries out and resealing. *crosses fingers*

amazonarabian: thanks! <3

pinkkittywinks: aaw thanks a lot babes, move to Chicago and be MY customizing buddy! so jelly 'Meadow has someone close by to talk shop and work with. *lonely*

Eternia: lol ty =] he was definately an undertaking. =P i worried for a second about him being so big, then i just kinda giggled about it from then on, imagining if id gotten this beast in the mail and how id have to find space for him. XD

Teddy: thanks! =] <3

Imsya: thanks, he was a bear to smooth out, i definately have a new respect (which was already great) for people who do massive reposes! sooo much smoothing with water and sanding!!!

Colorscapesart: O.o!!! im so honored! i LOVE your work, see my comment to panda about when i have money lol! i needs me a great wave custom!!!

StrawberryMeadow: LOL the best was when you were telling me to "whip something else out and mail Haku to me!" you are the best sounding board for ideas and second opinions. =] so much love for you! O, and if you want a spoiler of your ponysona custom... look closely at the third from the last pic in the spoiler... at the lower right corner. thats your girl! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

UrocyonFox: thanks babes! i love your art (and still plan on doing that trade with you when my life settles down) and your 'sona. lol not sure why, but i love her to bits. :lovey:

June: TY!  :D

Tulips: lol... "handsome fella" ... i had other names for him... lots of them... and none that i can repeat here. Particularly when i was fighting with his feathers and e6000!

brighteyes: thanks a lot lol the eyes had me sooo worried. =P

Foxfire: you beat me to the link on the eggs!

Darkhorse:  :ack: :ack: :ack: id give my left leg for your painting skills! you are one of my "Top 5 to commission when im independantly wealthy and dont have to worry about making rent" so much feels for your work. LOVE your eye style and delicate hand with fine details!

StarFaerie: another potty mouth! :silly:

Diamond: i havent tried any true model horse customs, just pewter and resin miniatures and some Schleich models i get from work, have two pegasi on my shelf now that are waiting for their turn... thinking theyll become Lofty, Whizzer, or Masquerade... not positive yet. i may try some breyers eventually. =]

Binx: ty! :hug:

Kitkumi: thanks hun! <3

Salli: thank you! you should check out the movie when you get the chance, its kinda whimsical and folkloreish. =]

Artemesia Floc: ty =D

LeighAnnApanites: thanks a lot, the feathers worked out pretty well, even tho they were a buttpain to prep haha wish id saved the pics i took of that stage, had them bobbypinned down and had multicolored miniclamps spaced down the length like legs... made it look like a giant fuzzy caterpillar, or one of those Cooties from the board game. XD i think it was worth the migrane and cat chasing tho, even tho hes still a bit floofier than i wanted =P

GustyFox: ty!

Roogna: thanks haha sooo glad people like the eyes lol guess they didnt turn out as bad as id been worrying about XD

Sea_Breeze: lol packing him was... interesting. luckily since we get two trucks a week at work i get plenty of bubblewrap and these fangled 'air pillows' which are kinda like inflated sandwich bags... anyways, he ended up wrapped in tissue paper with air pillows and bubblewrap worked into his coils in case the box got smooshed, and put in as many air pillows around him as i could. then wrote Fragile on every side of the box... in big letters... then made the guy at the post office stamp him fragile too. was sooo nervous waiting for him to get to his new home, but he made it faster than expected and in one piece. so i think between my millions of warnings on him and the sturdiness of Magic Sculpt (which is amazing really, lol 'Meadows 'sona took a couple spills off the top of my desk hutch, and the third such fall only did minimal damage to the antlers. no damage at all on the other falls. she has issues with being backheavy and my cat is as graceful as a hefalump when hes thundering around the front room. he almost got skinned that time when he banged onto my desk and knocked her off.

Snwbear24: ty! =]

Wiccanpony1: thanks babes :hug:

Sam234uk: :lovey:

little.fox: thanks, im glad people recognize him and think hes pretty close to his character. =]

Galactica: thanks hun :smile:

Kiwi: im glad you ( and the hubby) approve lol i was so nervous dropping him off. yay for ulcers and checking the tracking every day then swearing when it still says its in the sorting facility!

sorry if i missed anyone, tho i think i got everyone. time to go pack some more and make some coffee. =]

:lovey: :lovey: :lovey:

**Elu

scrub-adub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2014, 08:55:07 AM »
thats is SO AMAZING :shocked:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2014, 06:10:37 PM »
That is very good!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2014, 10:40:48 AM »
This is one of the coolest thing I think I've ever seen. Thanks for posting in-progress photos, it was really neat to see how you worked a dragon out of a pony!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Ligress

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart! (art is not updated but I am active to respond there!)
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2014, 08:57:37 PM »
Jaw dropping here- wow wow wow I cant pick a favorite part, the whole package is perfect. Thank you so much for the wip progress pictures I absolutely love seeing how you created this pony- I mean dragon-Aaa!

Sent from my iPhone
~ Have facebook? Selling or buying a custom pony, vintage toys  or pony extras?~
* MLP Extras for sale **http://www.facebook.com/groups/CUSTOMPONIES Vintage Toys BUY SELL TRADE *
Avatar Icon by L Correia My Ponysona Ligress

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2014, 12:29:53 PM »
Jerei says he likes it too :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2014, 05:28:52 PM »
Oh wow!!! That turned out amazing!!
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2014, 03:32:57 PM »
I think it goes without saying that he wins the Most Epic Custom Award of 2014. ♥ Now I want to go watch the movie.
Mimic on MLPTP

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal