collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Insane pony packers!  (Read 446 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Insane pony packers!
« on: July 25, 2013, 03:04:14 PM »
I just received my G4 carousel, which I bought from a lovely lady for ebay for a measly $5.50, including Sweetie Swirl and a bangs Twilight. It's minus a couple of things, but I'm sure I can pick them up pretty easily.

I had no idea at first what on earth the package was... because it looked like a massive pillow! I hadn't ordered any massive pillows, or doonas!

It was huge! upon opening it, I found and ENTIRE ROLL of bubble wrap - I'm seriously not kidding - even the end bit with the sticker was on it still, and it filled a quarter of my wheelie bin after I'd rolled it back up...

obviously it was completely undamaged, and I was very grateful, but wow! What packing - I've never seen anything like it! I've had some bubble wrapped ponies, but even the two g4's were wrapped up so much they looked the size of well-packed g1's! I just wish I'd taken photos... I mean it was unbelievable! Obviously I left glowing feedback. Has anyone else found any sellers to get carried away with their packing?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Insane pony packers!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 03:18:59 PM »
We just got ponies today that were literally the size of 2 g1's unboxed and they were in a box large enough for 20 boxed ponies, plus a ton of bubble wrap, tissue paper and newspaper. Not to mention the ponies themselves were each wrapped in tissue and bubble wrap. Alot of protection went into these babies :)

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 03:45:06 PM »
Lol not a pony, but I bought my husband an Ichigo statue.  Of course it was in the molded foam, but it was wrapped three times in bubble wrap and bout an inch of tape.. I was so nervous cutting it open I darn near had a panic attack.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 04:05:54 PM »
Yeah I'm a box cutter girl, so I hate cutting through tape when I can't tell how close I am to the object inside it... I usually retract the blade right back and nick at it, takes a long time, but I get there!

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 04:34:33 PM »
:) yeah terrifying.  I too am a box cutter person

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 05:24:08 PM »
I have not had anything like that with my ponies. But I did have a Breyer horse wrapped up in a whole roll of toilet paper. That was a lot of paper but happy that horse did not have any broken ears or tail :)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 06:00:18 PM »
Ponies and the fun of bubble wrap?  Sounds like a win!  Personally, this klutz uses a house key to slice through tape.  I keep all of my fingers that way.  ;)
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 09:28:49 PM »
Ponies and the fun of bubble wrap?  Sounds like a win!  Personally, this klutz uses a house key to slice through tape.  I keep all of my fingers that way.  ;)

LOL I used my keys to open some plastic packaging the other day because I didn't have anything else on me - it took half an hour, I broke a nail, and scratched myself several times... I think I'll stick to the box cutter!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 12:16:26 AM »
Hey, as long as we get into the ponies, it's all good, right?  I have the advantage of no nails to get in my way.  Of course, that can also be a disadvantage as well...   :socks: 
:socks:   :frog:

star_fairy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 05:36:28 AM »
i have opened boxes with pens learned it at work!

i have had ponys nicely packed in boxes with loads of polystyrene foam beads and wrapped up as well and some of the boxes are very decent and i've re-used them for storage

Offline Heartcease

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 05:44:36 AM »
Personally, this klutz uses a house key to slice through tape.  I keep all of my fingers that way.  ;)
Yep, keys are great!  It's always amazing the care some people take to make sure that your ponies get to you safely hehe.  I always wonder if they've had to deal with receiving damaged things and swore that they wouldn't let that happen to anyone else.
We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream. - Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 06:22:39 AM »
Non-pony related, but I once received a small trading figure in a box that could have fit at least another 5 of the same figure, if not more! I was quite upset with the seller as I'd had to pay $17 for it (they went ahead and shipped it before checking I was okay with the price so I felt obligated to cough up OTL) when not a week before I'd paid $5 to ship a figure from the same set from the same country to mine.

I also recently received a package with over 5 inches of packing paper on either side of the item box. Sometimes you just have to laugh xD
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

MimiTheMuse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 11:51:58 AM »
Sounds like my grandmother! XD Her packing philosophy: If some tape is good, more tape is better!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 03:55:54 PM »
Now that is what I would call 5 stars on shipping and handling :)

I love when people wrap things up so completely...makes opening the pony parcel even more exciting!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal