collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: waterproof bed sheets?  (Read 1584 times)

Offline WhispersOfTheWind

• Trade Count: (+183)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
waterproof bed sheets?
« on: November 22, 2014, 03:00:03 PM »
My cat decided to take up peeing on my bed, again.   :shakefist:  I'm good as far as advice goes on the cat and cleaning up the pee but I need a good waterproof bed sheet.  Does any one know of a brand that is good to use and actually works?
:lovey:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: waterproof bed sheets?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 03:28:02 PM »
This is probably not going to help you in your situation at all but Loraine Lea Linen had a fantastic water absorbent sheet cover.  I used it for both my kids when they were still getting used to not wearing diapers in bed.  But a) that was a company in Australia that did those party selling things (like Tupperware).  And b) they were small and you'd put them just where your kids butts were.  So for protecting a bed against a cat, it probably wouldn't work.

I had a look on their US website and they don't seem to have the same product as I'm talking about, but they do have full mattress protectors.  But they're quite different. 

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 05:16:21 PM »
I had one that did that too.  Walmart/Target has several different fitted sheets.  I ended up with one of the higher end ones as the cheaper ones got really hot.  Also a bit slippery, so I have a flannel fitted, then the waterproof one and the regular one.  Yes, I am weird.  ;)  :frog:
:socks:   :frog:

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 08:10:21 PM »
Wow.  That sucks.  I've never had a cat but... maybe you should put one of those self-close mechanisms on your bedroom door to try and keep him out!  Good luck with that one :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 09:20:42 PM »
I didn't know such a thing existed other than those plastic things! I hope you can find what you need.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ooizza

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 10:16:11 PM »
An inexpensive option would be to use a shower curtain to at least protect the mattress. It would also help if your kitty always pees in the same spot. It was an easy and cheap option that I used when my daughter was little. If you tried putting it over your blankets, the slippery, crinkly surface might deter your cat from jumping on your bed too. Good luck!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 08:14:16 AM »
Any type of thin plastic sheeting will work, tape it on the sides to stay in place, lol Take off the sheets to wash, wipe down the rest. This is what a family that I provide respite for their special needs child has done. It has held up on his bed for years. Does kitty have claws? Cuz kitty may poke holes in the liner. You may not want to invest in something too expensive.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 08:33:03 AM »
He is front declawed (Not my doing, he came this way!).   I know I could just use plastic but I have to sleep on it and plastic is just not comfortable.  I had a cheap waterproof mattress pad protector from kmart but it tore at the ends when it was tugged on and didn't hold up in the wash, besides feeling awful to sleep on.  Then he quit peeing on the bed for a few years until yesterday.  He ruined one mattress completely(and that was tossed long ago), and then the other two beds I've had he's never peed on.  I was hoping there was a brand out there that didn't feel like plastic, and maybe under $60.  Or maybe I could just put a plastic sheet over it when I'm not on it since he only does it when the bed is free.  Thanks for all the advice so far :)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 09:49:15 AM »
Not sure what to suggest--but I hope you find something :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 02:37:46 PM »
There's no way to keep kitty out of the room that your bed is in? I think you've got something there with putting the plastic sheet over the bed when you're not in or on it. I can't imagine that it's comfortable to sleep on plastic but a good portion of the population does so every night.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 02:41:52 PM »
We have one from this brand.
You can't even tell its waterproof.  Very soft and comfortable, doesn't make any sort of crinkling sound. :)
http://www.northshorecare.com/protectabed-mattress-protectors.html
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 02:55:23 PM »
I have a cat that periodically does this as well xD For a while I was using one of those painters drop clothes to cover my bed when not in use. My parents still cover their bed. They took two flat waterproof sheets and sewed them together (they have a king size bed). And then they lay it on the bed when not in use. Much more comfortable and easier to clean than just having the sheet and still having to wash the comforter/sheets etc.

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 01:06:32 AM »
Is he avoiding the litter box a lot? If he is developing an aversion to it you may want to see if he has bone spurs or claw material trying to grow back in his toes, pretty common in declawed cats and it needs to be removed.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 11:45:18 AM »
You should look up "mattress liner waterproof" on Amazon because there seems to be a few brands.  Also, my cat peed on my bed and it turned out he had a urinary tract infection.  By the way, how is True Heart doing? ;)

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 10:34:38 AM »
You can't even tell its waterproof.  Very soft and comfortable, doesn't make any sort of crinkling sound. :)
Is he avoiding the litter box a lot? If he is developing an aversion to it you may want to see if he has bone spurs or claw material trying to grow back in his toes, pretty common in declawed cats and it needs to be removed.
Oh, that's terrible.  He uses the litter box just fine.  It's because the youngest/newest cat bullies him so I have to work on her bullying.  They're both trying to dominate/outrank each other.

These look really nice, I will check into them!  This is what I was hoping to find. :)

You should look up "mattress liner waterproof" on Amazon because there seems to be a few brands.  Also, my cat peed on my bed and it turned out he had a urinary tract infection.  By the way, how is True Heart doing? ;)
She's still here as she'll always be! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal