collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hi everyone.  (Read 408 times)

Offline Waves And Water

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
Hi everyone.
« on: May 24, 2023, 08:30:12 PM »
Since childhood loved watching the 80s pony cartoons with my sisters. Was very excited when my parents got a VCR I taped the my little pony tv series, then one day when I went to watch my favourite cartoon. To my horror it was taped over, my Oder sister faced out of ponies and wanted her new fave Jem and The Holograms.

There was the collecting phase, didn’t have very many. Unicorn with a kite on her flank, a unicorn baby with a bunny on her flank she had a cute bib. My little sister had a pony with a bib, too but her flank had an adorable rag doll. My first baby sea pony. Sadly she got lost long ago. Plus there was my best friend ordering the blue horse with bow tie. I was planning to order his cute fuzzy bride, but by the time I had the points, the offer expired. Well life moves on.

Met the man of my dreams, made a promise to spend our lives together, then over time we had 6 children. Life is one roller coaster, job to Job, the you stay at home while I work and vice versa. Yeah live can get very busy.

But through my journey, managed to find some modest time to reconnect to my childhood favourite ponies. Found a few at yard sales, flea markets, thrift stores, even on eBay, an other surprising places, my collection grew, yet life can really put you through a lot of loops.

Fast forward to the here and now, finally got out of the rental rut and first mortgaged home. Very exciting, yet we have so much to do, finish renovations grow vegetables, plan to raise chickens and more, plus raise the remainder of our children that are still with us and help them reconnect to living life off the land.

Going through my belongings I stumbled on my bin full of 80s ponies. Such lovely and charming memories they brought in my life. Yet with our plans to let go of the past and live a simple modest clutter free file. It’s time to try to find new homes for them all.

It’s been years since I last bought or sold anything online. So I’m not sure where to even start.

My spouse stumbled on bin loads of Lego. 4 of 6 of the stuff. Yes I get that what were you thinking look from him. Hey it was fun to build at the time. But yes it time I figure out what to do with them too.

Sorry for the off topic. Just seeing the ponies from my past brought back some lovely memories.

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 03:00:19 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! :good:
:zzz:

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 02:20:02 AM »
Welcome to the Arena!
Have fun here :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 03:32:15 PM »
Welcome to the arena and how wonderful you found your bin of ponies :inlove:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook