collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell me about your OCs, head canon, etc.  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
Re: Tell me about your OCs, head canon, etc.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 10:33:15 AM »
Most everybody here knows about my shared fanfic universe, that goes FiM-MLP Tales-G3-G1. I beloeve it to be one of the most expansive fic universe on the net, covering all generations and stories in it's continuity. The links to a few of my stories are in my sig.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Matcha

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 01:32:36 PM »

I don't really have alot of headcanons, so here are my ocs!
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/077/8/7/matcha_ref_by_matcharoll-d4t4af4.png
Here's Matcha, I actually created her after I joined here under this name :d She runs a cafe, and makes stuff like lattes and whatnot. She's also kinda grumpy!
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/091/b/9/amanita_by_matcharoll-d4umc6f.png
Here's Amanita! She's an innocent little pony, she grows mushrooms in her garden. In addition to making mushroom soup, she also makes poison for others with her mushroom. She doesn't actually poison other people with that stuff though, she just sells it to them.

Offline Starie

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 01:55:26 PM »
I don't really have headcannons but I do have a little universe with some OCs :)

This is Pomplamousse / Fruity Patootie (for that cheesy MLP name xD ) And she is a French pastry chef and owns a little bakery in Ponyville that is joined to a Bubble Tea Shop owned by an OC I haven't made yet :)

Her specialty dish is Grapefruit Mousse. She has an older sister named Limelight who is a famous model, full of herself and loves to be the center of attention (picture of her has not yet been drawn)

I also have a bazillion other OCs floating around in my head, mostly they are ideas for customs I'd like to make one day.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:00:40 PM by Starie »

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 04:30:55 PM »
My first pony OC was Gala who is Applejack, Applebloom and Big Mac's mom. She's never around because she's a full time rodeo performer. Her mark is a gala apple hence her name^^

http://koudoawaiavortex.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=Gala#/d38isma

Then there's Derby who represents my Kentucky Pride. She's a champion racer and while she's confident  and competitive, she isn't obnoxiously braggy. Her mark is the state of Kentucky. Noone understand this mark including Derby because it's of a land that's not in Equestria and Derby doesn't know what her own mark is or what it's supposed to mean. She chooses just not to worry about it too much. I chose her color to be light blue and her mane and tail to be teal for Kentucky being the Bluegrass State. Was considering making Derby my pony persona for a time.

http://koudoawaiavortex.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=Derby#/d3heglx

Finally, there's my pony persona, Cavy. Cavy has a special affinity for guinea pigs and her guinea pig companions are all the ones I used to have. Her white body and red-orange mane and tail were chosen because my very special guinea pig, Atomic Fireball was red and white. Like me, she has a special bond with guinea pigs and that bond forms quickly. Unlike me, she can actually talk to them which is what her unicorn magic helps her do. She's sweet-natured and quiet and would get along well with Fluttershy. She lives in Everfree Forest with her chaos-loving mate, a unicorn named Entropy who is my husband's pony persona.

Cavy:

http://koudoawaiavortex.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=Cavy#/d4bae92

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Capsule

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 07:10:03 PM »
When Friendship is magic first came out I had an OC for that. Her name was Patty Cake and was the niece of Mr and Mrs. Cake. She is a eggshell unicorn with a medium bubble gum pink mane and baby pink highlights. Her cutie mark is a Donut. She also wears glasses and ( in some of the stories I wrote abut her) looses them often, thus going on crazy adventures ( and making some weird donuts) without them on. xD she wasnt very original, but it was still very fun to write about her. maybe I need to consider giving her a make over~

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 08:30:56 PM »
I've never made thought-out backstories for ponies before, but I have designed a few.

Fluffy Tails, my ex came up with her design.

I came up with Hollow Promises after an old Arena thread that I don't recall.

Bristlecone was made up for a contest, and I liked him so much I kept him as a character.

Dendrite, or as I call him, Dendy, was created because I won a contest held by CyberSunbeam and needed a design for a custom. I love his lack of color.

Finale I made up because I wanted a "strange looking" pony..I think he/she fits the bill.

"Fluttersmoke" is my best friends' pony. He came up with the name, I did the rest.

Pearly Gates was created as a joke. My bf said something like "a snowy owl would be a great pony pet" so I made a pony for him with a snowy owl as a pet. He is partially based on my bf, and also on Edgeworth from Phoenix Wright.

Nightmint, who still has a terrible name, is a luna moth pony I made for a contest a while back. She's so tiny and cute, I love drawing her.

Nameless cherub pony, who I doodled up one day.

I just realized, I draw way too many ponies.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 08:57:13 PM »
One I have for all gens:
Unicorn horns ARE NOT EROGENOUS ZONES.

My G1 headcanon:
* Along with Queen Rosedust, Lily, Morning Glory, and Honeysuckle form a sort of governing council for the Flutter Ponies
* The Year 5 Princess Ponies are Majesty's daughters
* The G1-verse pegasi have climate manipulation ability too, and the unicorns' teleportation is capable of passing through solid objects, but these were blocked ages ago by a powerful curse. Majesty is absent from the cartoon's events because she embarked on a quest to break this curse.
* Ponyland is a kingdom of scattered enclaves and towns.
* Bisexuality and polyamory are common
* Magical reproductive means like the mirror from that one UK comic were developed as a backup, given the dangers of the world where Ponyland is located.

My G1 OCs:
* A white-coated Flutter Pony mare with blue mane and tail hair named Snowdrop.
* A green-coated Flutter Pony stallion with a dark-green mane and tail. His name is Dandelion Breeze
* A currently-unnamed Flutter filly, daughter of Cloud Puff.
* An also-unnamed villainous unicorn whose magical specialty is electricity. Coat is blue, mane and tail are red.

My G3 Headcanon:
* G3's world got to be the peaceful sugar bowl we see by managing to outlast and fight off the perils that seem to plague ponykind in its distant past. However, the monsters took their toll in the form of a good chunk of the population, including all the stallions by sheer bad luck. So they're left with magical reproduction as their only options for now.

My G4 Headcanon:
* There are humans in the world where Equestria is located, they're just off-camera.
* The Everfree Forest's wild weather and isn't actually like what we call normal. Rather, it's unnatural the other way round; the opposite extreme. No buildup or anything, it just happens out of nowhere. Stuff like that. LITERALLY on it's own.
* Either the orbits of the sun, moon, and planet didn't actually need to be artificially maintained until after Discord's original reign of terror, or it took a truly tremendous number of unicorns for each task all of whom had to train constantly and imbibe booster substances.
* Screwball is talented at tricky moves in games and sports (such as the notoriously hard to perform screwball pitch). Screwloose is a fittings and fixtures installer who at the time of "Read It and Weep" had lost a bet, hence the dog barking and behaviour.
* Griffons are neither Klingons nor Romulans and people should stop writing them like they are.

My G4 OCs:
* A pegasus colt named Falcon Chaser
* A Lunar Guard pegasus stallion named Spear Dive.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:45:04 AM by ZeldaTheSwordsman »
should be perma-moderated

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 09:10:47 PM »
G2 Headcanon: 
-Friendship Gardens is a small town in the country of Ponyland.
-Earth ponies are common place.  Unicorns exist only as royalty, and pegasi exist as spiritual guardians.

I'd give you info on the personalities I assigned the ponies but you would be up for hours.  I will say that I did a lot of genderbending, the most prominent being Twinkle Star. :P

G2 OCs:
-Color Splash:  white colt with rainbow hair colors; his talent was discovered when he was somehow able to bring color back to Ponyland after it had been ridden with grayscale

G4 Headcanon:
-Doctor Whooves and :muffin: Pony are a couple and go traveling through time offscreen.
-Lyra and Bonbon are "friends with benefits."
-Rarity does have strong feelings for Fancy Pants.

G4 OCs: 
-Pumpkin Spice:  specializes in making Jack-o-Lanterns and eating pumpkin-flavored sweets

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 11:15:00 AM »
The only headcanon that I have (aside from liking some fan pairings, like Derp.y being Doctor Whooves' companion) is Rainbow Dash (G4)'s ancestry.  She's the daughter of Rainbow Brite's "magnificent" horse Starlite and Firefly the G1 pegasus.

Her mom's flying abilities and brashness, along with her dad's ego and rainbow hair, explains RD's look and personality to me. ^^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal