collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Esty question  (Read 246 times)

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
Esty question
« on: November 01, 2013, 07:56:08 AM »
Does it cost anything to set up a shop and list items? I'd like to sell some of my items there but have to keep to a strict budget as I'm get surgery soon and still need to eat and pay my rent and other bills' Is it anything like the cost of EBay with high listing fees? I buy from there but haven't set up a shop - I know Art fire has it were you pay from month to month (I think or it could me every 1/2 to full year) Is it more like them or more like EBay?  ( I crochet)

[moving to TS - kkat]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 01:35:26 PM by kaoskat »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Esty question
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 08:01:33 AM »
It doesn't cost to set up the shop, it is .20 per listing, but it lasts for 4 months or until the item sells. Their seller fees (final value fee) are also less than ebay.

You receive an invoice and it's due usually within 2 weeks of it being issued. You can accept paypal, credit cards and etsy cards as payment.

Etsy is great for selling handmade items.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ponygirl74

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 08:27:00 AM »
It doesn't cost to set up the shop, it is .20 per listing, but it lasts for 4 months or until the item sells. Their seller fees (final value fee) are also less than ebay.

You receive an invoice and it's due usually within 2 weeks of it being issued. You can accept paypal, credit cards and etsy cards as payment.

thanks for the info - now a papal question - I have a buyers account with them to set it up with esty do I have to get a sellers account ? 

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 09:08:02 AM »

thanks for the info - now a papal question - I have a buyers account with them to set it up with esty do I have to get a sellers account ? 

Yes you do need a sellers account because you have to be able to accept credit card payments.  You should be able to upgrade your existing account I would think.  That is what I did years ago when I went from a buyer to a seller.  I don't know for sure how its done now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal