collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this worth $35? Odd situation on local for sale/trade site- UPDATE-drama! :)  (Read 2434 times)

BlondePonyTail

• Trade Count: (0)
HAHAHAHAHA now THAT'S HILARIOUS!

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
Update for drama! ~sigh

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
What a crazy situation that has turned into.  Sheesh.  What a seller that is..same for the snarky buyer.

BigHicks1977

What a crazy situation that has turned into.  Sheesh.  What a seller that is..same for the snarky buyer.
HA Snarky I love that word I will use it at least once tomorrow its my word of the day.......snarky  :P

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Will be interesting to see if admin does anything.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I'd still buy it all and not let the jerky guy have any part of it.  He's going against site rules and getting irritated at you because you actually FOLLOW the rules *gasp*.

I hope you have a calm ending to this insanity! :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear that your going threw that :(

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
There is drama all the time on my local Facebook groups.  I haven't been in it yet but some friends have :-/.  If you can get the lot, buy it all and report the rude guy to admin.  Rules are there for a reason and if he has a problem with them, then he shouldn't be in the group.

Value wise, I found my Crystal Rainbow Castle for $10 and only broke even at the Fair (no special ponies or wand though)...

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile

Then the $50 person hops back on to the thread telling me to "back off" the seller, and that neither of them knew the rules. 

Ah, well, you see, that changes everything! /sarcasm
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
That castle looks to be in GREAT condition... it is G3s Crystal Castle, and goes from $50-100+ in an in-person resell setting and sometimes WAY more than that online ( look it up on amazon!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000EPFESY/ref=dp_olp_collectible?ie=UTF8&condition=collectible&qid=1375151270&sr=8-7
These are prices for USED Crystal Castles

I'm sorry but this is just flat out wrong. You can't use random asking prices as a way to judge what something is worth - if I ask $100 for a $3 pony, that doesn't mean you should go around saying that pony is now worth $100.

Looking at ended auctions on ebay instead of Amazon you can see that most of the castles that actually sold for a high amount only went for around $50, and that's with a bunch of ponies included. A couple went for more but again, most had tons of ponies and accessories with them, and some were MIB.

So OP, if you REALLY want that castle and all the ponies, I'd say $35 would be worth it. Personally I think $50 is too high, especially if you don't even want the castle. I hope you can work things out with the seller. I know you don't want to let the jerk win, but if he's willing to pay too much money I say let him. Those ponies are all pretty common - you could probably easily find them all here on the Arena for a good deal, and you'll be treated better!
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Ianthe99

That castle looks to be in GREAT condition... it is G3s Crystal Castle, and goes from $50-100+ in an in-person resell setting and sometimes WAY more than that online ( look it up on amazon!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000EPFESY/ref=dp_olp_collectible?ie=UTF8&condition=collectible&qid=1375151270&sr=8-7
These are prices for USED Crystal Castles

I'm sorry but this is just flat out wrong. You can't use random asking prices as a way to judge what something is worth - if I ask $100 for a $3 pony, that doesn't mean you should go around saying that pony is now worth $100.

Looking at ended auctions on ebay instead of Amazon you can see that most of the castles that actually sold for a high amount only went for around $50, and that's with a bunch of ponies included. A couple went for more but again, most had tons of ponies and accessories with them, and some were MIB.

So OP, if you REALLY want that castle and all the ponies, I'd say $35 would be worth it. Personally I think $50 is too high, especially if you don't even want the castle. I hope you can work things out with the seller. I know you don't want to let the jerk win, but if he's willing to pay too much money I say let him. Those ponies are all pretty common - you could probably easily find them all here on the Arena for a good deal, and you'll be treated better!

I totally agree with this. Those prices are just *asking* prices.. they are totally different from what may be an actual going price. Always check ebay sold auctions for find a current price. According to that.. the castle just by itself, really doesn't sell for all that much. Sometimes under $20.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=my+little+pony+crystal+castle&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I agree, I would not have paid $50 for it plus shipping in fact if you are paying shipping even $35 is the top end. G3 playsets are not expensive second hand and you would probably manage to pick up the same item and a selection of ponies cheaper on ebay.

This does sound as though it is more of a trader support issue than a price check. If you need more prices I will leave the thread here but if you need advise on the trade I am going to move this over to TS.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
Looks like the sale is going to fall through- the admin did ban the bully  :frolic: but the seller is waffling- I kind of don't blame her, as why not make money when you can?  But I do get tired of losing when I follow the rules  :yikes:

She didn't have the wand and that combined with the drama makes me think no for getting it.  Thanks for all the support and quick responses, though! It's been a crappy day- I love ponies but they certainly weren't worth the drama this time!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
I wouldn't deal with the seller either - they already demonstrated that they would bend the rules for someone else in favor of personal profit... why would you want to support that behavior by paying them?
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Honestly I would not pay that much, I don't think it is worth it, really.  And seeing as how the seller is shady, I wouldn't drive to meet them, they would probably stand you up or something else flaky.  At the end of the day it was a mediocre deal and the pita seller is a red flag=not worth it (and you will probably find it elsewhere at a better price later).

Pony hugs, tho, hate meanies withholding pony goodness!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal