collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *Warning* for sellers shipping out of the Country  (Read 1888 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: *Warning* for sellers shipping out of the Country
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 05:35:28 PM »
That is so frustrating to hear!  I'll cross hooves for you that it is delivered soon.  And that if you refund her, she repays you when they arrive - otherwise please let us know about it.  *pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 07:03:09 PM »
Apart from people I know are trustworthy, or people I have dealt with before, I won't post internationally any more. Ive never had problems with arena members, but I am careful who I deal with on here too. Postage from Australia is insane anyhow, and turns alot of potential customers off, so its really no huge loss to me.

I am so sorry that you got done for such a huge sum :hug: hopefully the buyer grows a conscious and if its already / eventually arrives refunds you. What a terrible situation :(

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 11:05:26 PM »
D: How horrible! I was aware that PayPal puts the responsibility of delivery on the seller (even though shipping is third-party), and I knew that a proof of shipping receipt wasn't enough, but the last I heard sellers were slightly protected if they had tracking. Unfortunately not, and I agree that it's really unfair to expect the seller to perform some sort of special shipping magic on the postal service to get it sent international and marked as delivered in 45 days! Especially as sometimes delivery confirmation doesn't actually update as delivered until a few days after. Sorry to hear you're out of that much money, I only hope the buyer is honest and if the items arrive they resend payment.

It's a sad situation all around as this will affect responsible international buyers too. I understand that sellers have no choice if they wish to protect themselves though.
If I wanted to start selling overseas, postage costs are already crazy for the cheapest method... let alone adding tracking + delivery confirmation + insurance. :( Oh PayPal...

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 08:28:08 AM »
Colbate, REAL tracking for the US (domestic and international) is bundled in the very expensive services ----Express, and that would default also have a signature required and/or delivery confirmation.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 10:06:08 AM »
Thing is, if the tracking doesn't say that the parcel was delivered, then it most likely wasn't. I feel a bit like the buyer is being painted as a bad guy here as well as PayPal, but when I buy something I want my item or my money!

Ultimately, PayPal are right to take the money from the seller if an item is not delivered, because it is the seller's responsibility to ensure that the buyer receives the item. Tracking is the only way to do this. You should then make sure that the item is insured - and this means that you must mark it with the correct value and contents for the customs claim - so that in the event a parcel is lost, and a buyer gets their money back through PayPal, you can claim from the postal service.

As a buyer, you just have to accept the higher postal costs.

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »
Double damn it, now I won't be able to buy from anyone since nobody in australia sells their ponies. And if they do, it's not the one i want.

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 03:54:33 PM »
It is just safer not to ship outta the country anymore, according to the paypal rep I talked to, all that has to happen with ANY of those shiping methods is that the PO fails to scan it was received and thats it, they will refund the buyer, so I am not going to take that chance on the possible "shipping oops" on the mails end, especially since I would have to fly the item to it's destination, being that I would still be responsible for an item when it left my hands, just better not to in my humble opinion, which suks because I had no problems any other time in my many years of buying and selling, just takes once I guess :huh:

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 04:01:05 PM »
Well I'm a tad paranoid now.  I just shipped my first overseas item on ebay yesterday.  It was a bit pricey too but I'll have to hope for the best.  Paypal needs a better system but I know it'll never happen.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 02:50:01 AM »
Colbate, REAL tracking for the US (domestic and international) is bundled in the very expensive services ----Express, and that would default also have a signature required and/or delivery confirmation.

I'm a bit confused as to what this is in response to in my post...?

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 03:06:41 AM »
If you send via Express Priority to the UK at least it will 100% be signed for on arrival. It comes from USA in a few days,goes through customs and then Parcel Force, and is FULLY traceable all the way here.

That's the only way you should ship from now on.  It costs a lot but it's worth it for your piece of mind, and also most importantly ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS put the full amount on the customs form. If people get charged customs fees or taxes that's not your problem, but at least the pony will be insured for its real worth.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 12:24:58 PM »

I'm a bit confused as to what this is in response to in my post...?

Because you said "but the last I heard sellers were slightly protected if they had tracking". The only services that have real tracking is Express/EMS and that is the most expensive service. Very few people understand this. I was saying mostly for other people, not toward you. :) They get the impression that priority has this service, which is not true with the /wording/ that USPS uses.

I can be corrected, but I think EMS might be the only service where the other country *has* to scan at it's final destination? (I know that's not so true with priority).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:44:07 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 06:40:01 PM »
Yeah, I've known about this for a while :/  It bothers me a lot.  I still sell internationally, but I've had to accept that there's a chance the person on the other end will either not get it, or say they didn't and scam me out of money.  I had a scare once, where a $40 pony got delayed, but they eventually got it and it worked out.  When I sell expensive items (over $100), I'll either restrict it to my own country, sell only to trusted people, or require shipping by something with tracking.  And I'll insure it.  Within my own country, I always ship with delivery confirmation (it's free when you print your labels online, so it's kinda a given lol) to protect myself.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 06:50:45 PM »
So far it has worked very good for me , I have received my items,Italy, Greece, Canada,Germany. I always have to sign that i recieved the item , so there is no way I can claim i did not received it :)

Waiting on one from Poland and another from Canada  :)!
maybe later this week I hope
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Katai

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 02:06:11 PM »
I think it all depends honestly. I've shipped over seas plenty of times and have NEVER *knock on wood* had an issue. I'm so sorry to hear paypal did that to you tho =(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal