collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I am absolutely SICK of people on eBay!!  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: I am absolutely SICK of people on eBay!!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 10:20:36 AM »
I've tried looking at things a bit more 'openly', like, ok have I actually been doing something that I might think is ok but isn't ok to others? I'm coming up with a blank... these things are listed sold as seen as I am not an expert and the people haven't contacted me... if I have made a mistake with naming them, hence the sold as seen because I'm not an expert way of approaching it, then contacting me for a resolution, in my opinion, should be the way forward.

Anyhoo that aside I think I am taking this a bit too much to heart now so going to try to just take it as it is, not that big of a deal in the grand scheme, and learn a thing or two about listing 'as seen' and just accept it :)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 12:58:43 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with the term "satisfactory." Am I missing something? You got a positive and the feedback said that the buyer was satisfied, seems good enough to me.

The only one of these that I can definitely see the buyers side on is the negative for the item with the missing arm. I mean sure, you sold the item as-is, and sure the buyer could have asked for more details and/or tried to resolve things before leaving a neagative but...

A missing arm is kind of a big deal. A missing arm should either be photographed or should be noted in the description. As a buyer I'd be pretty miffed as well. Imagine if you bought a pony that had a whole leg missing, but you coudln't see that in the photograph and the descirption didn't say anything about it. Wouldn't you feel misled? Wouldn't you be angry? I certainly don't bid on items assuming there is a big flaw if one isn't noted. I generally assume an item is at least complete if it's something like a figure. And a missing arm is something that I think any seller should notice, even if they aren't overly familiar with the item. In this situation I don't think it's really fair to but the blame on the buyer for not asking.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:04:22 PM by NoDivision »

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 01:27:54 AM »
oh no I get the missing arm being an issue NoDivision, like I said in the OP it was an oversight and I agree this needed resolving, it's just that I wasn't given the chance to. I think my OP came across more angry than it should too, well, I was ;) I just don't get why people go straight to leaving negative feedback, to me that seems like they don't really want to have their issue resolved, they'd rather be out of pocket and have an item they're not happy with rather than contact the seller and say 'hey there's a problem, please fix it'. I didn't have the arm to send him, but I would have happily refunded and apologised. I'm not blaming him for not asking, he DID ask (he says he did and I'm inclined to believe him because I've had various ebay messages going MIA) but I couldn't respond as the message wasn't received. The issue I had was, he thought there may be a problem, asked and didn't get a response due to missing messages, and then bid and left negative without contact. I think that's a fair 'grr' moment for me, while still agreeing the missing arm oversight was a fault on my part (but one I could have sorted for him)

The 'satisfactory' comment, like I said I think I was getting a bit over protective of my feedback and a bit, urm what shall I say? touchy? Just cos of the other stuff. I know, its still positive but to be just satisfactory when I did everything right just felt a bit "ouch" with the other stuff that had gone on. That's what it felt like at the time anyhoo but like I said in my last post, I was getting over protective of it and have let it go now lol. I'm ill and impatient at the moment, stuff's getting to me that wouldn't normally too, that's all that happened with that particular comment :)

Sarah x

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 03:34:37 AM »
Buyers just don't care, and alot of the time, their messages hurt my brain. I got a "chatspeak" message in today and asked them if they wished to send me any more questions, to please not use chatspeak. I speak english as my only language, and STILL find it hard to understand. It's not that hard to use the correct letters, and more than one character in a 3 letter word. Oh and dont get me started on random capitalisation *shakes fist at stupid ebay buyers*

Thing is, most people will see you are a good seller, even with the neg's / neutrals, I would contact ebay to see if they can get them removed and explain the situation. If the first person says no, try another, if they say no, try another. Cause seriously, it does depend on who you are dealing with.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 07:52:26 AM »
I thought about that actually paints, about people not being too bothered about a couple neg or neutral. I think a lot of buyers on eBay who are also sellers will recognise when a seller hasn't had chance to resolve an issue with a buyer before receiving poor feedback. I know I recognise this anyways.

Yeah caps and chat speak do my head in too! As do messages like this one I received re a non pony item:

"complete? With cards?"

How hard is it to produce a sentence? :p lol

I figured why I didn't like the 'satisfactory' comment. I work for a college and education establishments over here are graded on a scale as follows:

Outstanding
Good
Satisfactory
Inadequate

So in terms of that satisfactory is not a good place to be, especially as the college I work for is graded outstanding and we've had it drilled into us that less than good is unacceptable. So Ive been applying that logic but it doesn't apply here at all so I take it back ;)

Sarah x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal