collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A few questions involving returning an item for refund on ebay  (Read 274 times)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
A few questions involving returning an item for refund on ebay
« on: November 25, 2013, 06:56:41 PM »
Here's the quick background:
I purchased a pony on ebay with a BIN a few days ago.  The seller shipped the pony out very quickly, and I just got her today.  Sadly, the pony is not in as good of a condition as I was expecting from the auction description.  As she's a pretty pricey pony, I contacted the seller to return her.  I feel so bad, I offered to pay return shipping.

For my initial contact, I chose "other" instead of "item not as described" because I didn't want to accidentally open a case on the seller out of the blue.  The seller has agreed to refund my money once I return the pony, which is fine.  However, I am wondering if I need to open a case on this seller to protect myself.

So here are my questions:
She's promised me the refund, and I doubt that she'll just bail on me, but do I need to officially open a case to get my refund? 

If I get a refund without opening a case, will it count as a NPB strike for me? 

I will be sending this pony tracked, but I don't sell on ebay.  Do I have to give ebay any tracking numbers?

And any advice on how to open a case for a refund would be most welcomed.  I've only asked for a refund once in all my 15+ years of collecting, and things have changed a lot on ebay since then.

Stormpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A few questions involving returning an item for refund on ebay
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 07:20:14 PM »
I would still open a case via paypal so u are covered amd there is protection

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 07:23:02 PM »
 :hug: don't feel bad, if your not happy then your not happy.

She's promised me the refund, and I doubt that she'll just bail on me, but do I need to officially open a case to get my refund?
Technically, no. But I would take a few things into factor before making that decision. How is her feedback? Is she a reputable seller? If you feel comfortable letting her handle it then there shouldn't be a problem, most sellers are super easy to work with returns. If not then I suggest sending her a message that you are going to open a case, just to protect yourself. When you open the case she will just have to respond that she is going to accept the return, then you will have to provide a tracking number back. Once she has received the pony and you have received the refund, the case will be closed.

If I get a refund without opening a case, will it count as a NPB strike for me? 

Nope.

I will be sending this pony tracked, but I don't sell on ebay.  Do I have to give ebay any tracking numbers?

As I stated above if a case is open then you will have to upload your tracking number back.

Hope that helps a bit.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 03:42:28 PM »
 Others have much the same advice as I, so I hope everything works out okay!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal