collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A great example...my husband learned a lesson...non-pony related  (Read 440 times)

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
A great example...my husband learned a lesson...non-pony related
« on: February 26, 2013, 03:44:38 PM »
I know that this is not pony related, but a good lesson about buying with paypal...

My husband purchased a part for a high end guitar that he owns from a guy who has an online "store" but you had to order everything via email. I told my husband to use my paypal account to buy the piece so we could track all the info. Luckily my husband sent the payment as "goods/services".

My husband got the part today, and it turned out to be the wrong part. He looked back through the emails to make sure he did not mis-order, and sure enough he was sent the wrong part by the seller. He contacted the seller who told him he could either ship the part back and he would send a new one, or he could pay for the correct part ($105) and ship back the wrong one in which the seller would refund the money once he got the incorrect part back.

Hubby got suspicious and asked me what he should do. I told him to start a claim through paypal that he received the wrong item, that way paypal could act as a moderator to make sure no party was cheated. So he opened a claim and emailed the seller to let him know he was doing so, that way everyone would have recourse.

The seller started sending us emails about how paypal was going to mark his account negatively if we opened a case and that he refused to use paypal to resolve an issue and that if we used paypal he would not exchange the part and would never do business with my husband again. My husband explained that he already opened it, and that he felt it was a fair way to resolve the issue. The seller came back rather nastily that we were ruining his paypal account because paypal would mark his account negatively. Feeling that this guy may be scamming, I called paypal. Paypal actually hastened the process when I explained what was going on. They said the accounts are not marked negatively unless they have a bad habit of consistent cases being opened against them. The guy sent us more bad emails. But I got paypal to approve the outcome of a refund rather quickly and we have the package ready to be shipped tomorrow.

My husband then searched about this guy and his website and we are apparently not the first to have a bad run-in with him.  My husband now is glad that he had paid the guy with paypal, as it seemed he was trying to scam him.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
Re: A great example...my husband learned a lesson...non-pony related
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 03:58:47 PM »
That is a very valuable lesson. Always search on that site on reviews about it too.

And that seller? Looks like he was more of a scammer than a business person with great interests. You always want to satisfy the customer, and sending hate mails back isn't the way to do it. I'm happy that Paypal helped you quickly. I think he should have been marked negatively because o that.
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 04:24:33 PM »
Make sure you get tracking so you can prove you returned the item.  But you handled the whole thing really well!
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 04:55:03 PM »
Make sure you get tracking so you can prove you returned the item.  But you handled the whole thing really well!

Oh yeah, already have the tracking number sent to paypal.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:45:25 PM »
Girl you are on top of it! He is lucky to have someone so knowledgable. That's what they get for trying to pulls fast one on you guys.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 02:56:51 AM »
Thanks for posting this!   I'm very glad to hear that your hubby listened to you and avoided being scammed :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal