collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bidders with multiple Ebay IDs  (Read 360 times)

koolkaci86

• Trade Count: (0)
Bidders with multiple Ebay IDs
« on: December 28, 2013, 03:34:12 AM »
I haven't logged in here in what seems like forever but I always remember Trader Support being fabulous.

I wanted advice on non pony related auctions. I'm currently selling other toys and I keep getting several bidders from the same address. They keep taking forever to pay so have been slowly attempting to block them. They appear to either be sisters or friends living within the same house. I won't post their real names here. They have bought off me a lot in the past but have gradually got slower with payment. I've always been good with combining shipping so understand overseas buyers may want to wait. I just find it baffling that there could be so many different people all living and bidding on items in one house. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hayley

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bidders with multiple Ebay IDs
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 04:35:06 AM »
If I remember right, ebay has no rules about having several ID's, as long as you aren't bidding on your own items.  Sounds like that is what is happening here; you might also send them a message about why you don't want them bidding on your stuff.  They might be confused why they can't bid and trying another ID because of that, lol...on the plus side, you'll have all their ebay IDs if they keep this up, in case there's ever a problem?
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 05:09:05 AM »
If they are going around a block by using a different ebay name it is against ebay policy.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unwelcome-buying.html

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 05:15:08 AM »
While Lunar is absolutely correct that eBay has no rules set in place on how many ID's you can have. The only reason really you would have multiple ID's is because you have a seller and buyer account. I can't imagine anyone having multiple IDs in the same house and bidding on the exact same or type of items from the same seller. It sounds a bit fishy to me.

If you are blocking them and then they are using a different account to bid, I would report it to eBay. It is a violation of eBay policy to use a different ID to avoid the buyer block function.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

koolkaci86

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 05:54:27 PM »
I had a feeling that Ebay may have a rule about this but I couldn't find it. I'll look into writing a polite message to this buyer/buyers. It's so confusing because at one point two people from the same household were bidding on similar items but not the same auction.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal