collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: High shipping cost?  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
High shipping cost?
« on: June 10, 2012, 10:21:28 AM »
Not sure if i should put this here or in the Pony Corral but anyway.

I was looking through some ebay auctions and found a G3 Pinkie Pie 25th Celebration Pony loose. That means its just one little pony to be sent and the seller has put in the description that international shipping for this one pony is $40.
Is it just me or does that seem to be a little bit pricy for shipping of one single - not in box - G3 pony?
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
Re: High shipping cost?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 10:32:35 AM »
Adult pony in an envelope is $5 airmail I think.

Only way they could charge $40 is if they were doing global priority/express or whatever it is. Whenever I see postage I think is off, as I don't trust the ebay calculator (we don't have one on ebay uk) I send a message. A power seller with thousands of items is less likely to check on the postage than say someone with 20 items having a clear out.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 10:35:22 AM »
Hmm.  You need to consider where it's coming from and going to, but it sounds a bit much.  Where is the seller located?

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 10:48:26 AM »
The seller is in California and since my ebay account is registerd and set in Sweden I guess it's calculated for that. Still seemd abit much nonetheless in my opinion anyway.
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:00:58 AM »
It shouldn't take $40 to ship that from California.  I just shipped two G4 Fashion Style ponies to Finland and it cost $13.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Desert Rose

• View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »
Yeh I thought it should be around $5-10 for shipping of one pony. But since I haven't bought any ponies from overseas for a long time I wasn't completely sure :P Fees might change.

I'll write to this seller and ask if they have other options of shipping that will be cheaper. If not I'm gonna stay clear of this one auction anyway.

Thanks for the info guys :)
~*Erica*~

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »
Hmm, if the seller used the US Postal Service shipping calculator, that thing always lists the highest-priced option first with the lower priced options a bit hidden. Sometimes I wonder if some sellers don't realize that when I see such high shipping costs.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 12:49:36 PM »
Hmm, if the seller used the US Postal Service shipping calculator, that thing always lists the highest-priced option first with the lower priced options a bit hidden. Sometimes I wonder if some sellers don't realize that when I see such high shipping costs.

This is so true. I forget sometimes. The seller could have also added on other services to bump that up. Express International is $38 for 1 lb.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 05:00:05 PM »
Yeah, if she's shipping with one of the "faster", "more secure" methods it might cost that much, but it never hurts to check.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 12:02:32 AM »
I think shipping will cost a lot if the seller insists on a trackable package because s/he doesn't trust the postal service. Tracking-enabled services are always more expensive than registered letters or airmail.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 08:35:24 AM »
I think shipping will cost a lot if the seller insists on a trackable package because s/he doesn't trust the postal service. Tracking-enabled services are always more expensive than registered letters or airmail.

I believe the seller is probably quoting you the only method of shipping in which they are protected by Ebay and Paypal, which is a bit more expensive but ensures that a claim can be made if the USPS loses the parcel or it gets damaged.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 08:45:54 AM »

I believe the seller is probably quoting you the only method of shipping in which they are protected by Ebay and Paypal, which is a bit more expensive but ensures that a claim can be made if the USPS loses the parcel or it gets damaged.
This ^ In order to be qualify for paypal seller protection shipments have to have tracking and the only way to ensure packages are fully tracked overseas is to send express. Shipping for small parcels for express mail I think does start at around $40.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 10:31:22 AM »
Yeah, sounds like they are doing it through paypal, which is a lot more then normal <3

I want to also point out that in some countries, normal shipping can reach that amount, depending where its shipped to.  Canada PO normally has insane rates...but we also have auto insurance included up to 100$ so its a tradeoff.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal