collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 87437 times)

Offline silverskimmer

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 5 Challenge pg 68.
« Reply #1020 on: July 16, 2012, 02:19:48 AM »
oooooh, five things I've noticed

1) I have a lot more energy then I used to, so I can get a lot more stuff done then I used to

2) I'm keeping most of my meals down and not even thinking about it often

3) I want to go out more and I can handle spending time with my friends more then I used to

4) I'm definitely far more fit then I used to be and now love doing exercise

5) I'm making more proper meals now instead of just eating something small and snacky

^^ This has been a big help for me, I'm so glad I joined
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Silver Skimmer Ref
Wish list
Looking for any and all wingers! Especially baity ones in need of love!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 16, 2012, 02:43:59 AM »
Ok given up trying to keep up here!

The food issues was I have had - that damn banana (first challenge) I couldn't do it in the end and felt like I'd failed...but I swapped and decided to see if I could go three days without cola instead. I did that! Now I've been drinking nearly a 2l bottle of diet, caffeine free cola every day for the past 12 years, easily, if not longer than that. I've had less than a bottle this week :) The side effects were awful (I guess sticking that amount of chemicals into your body for such a long time is going to have some effect) but I did it! My new long term goal is to not rely on cola every day I've done that :D

I'm still sticking to the food plan, just about, I'm even being better about the exercise (I'm doing little bits here and there rather than doing too much - I have FM and walk with a stick so it's kind of difficult for me sometimes although I love love love walking!)

So, getting there....

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 16, 2012, 03:50:57 AM »
Oh!  Okay, just so I didin't have a week-long blackout or something.  XD

It confused me too, lol. I jumped on long enough to pick up last weeks challenge and it wasn't there, lol.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 16, 2012, 05:57:30 AM »
A little over 2 weeks ago, I decided to reallocate my pony money & entertainment budget to a gym membership. I feel like a bit of a traitor, but I'm glad I made the sacrifice. I needed to prioritize my health. I talked it over with my husband and he agreed that it was the right thing to do. He said, "I do realize that this is the most important thing we could spend our money on, next to paying for our house & cars." Plus, I'll be able to cherish my herd & focus on sprucing up the ponies that need some TLC.  :satisfied:

Five Positive Changes:
1. I have more strength and stamina in exercise.
2. I make better food choices.
3. I stand taller (I used to kinda slouch-stand).
4. My skin seems brighter & clearer now.
5. I feel like my thought process is more fluid, and when I talk, words flow with more ease. I felt like my mind was in a haze before. I'd literally stop in the middle of a sentence and forget where I was going with it, and I'd trip on my tongue quite often.

I can't wait until I start having more energy. I'm still pretty lethargic most of the time. :sleepy:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1024 on: July 16, 2012, 08:33:10 AM »
2 points for Sunday....yes I did go over my calories but being a birthday weekend...I could have done a lot worse. Normally I graze and have bad beverages the whole day. This time I cut back....so got my cal point and a pat on a back for finally learning some self control:) I did not do an actually work out on DDR or anything but I got a few loads of laundry in, did dishes, cleaned my kitchen and a few ponies. I looked back at my first post with all my goals and one goal stuck out at me. "I want to really have a good active lifestyle." I realized that it did not mean working out every day...it meant keeping me from sitting on my butt after I get home for work...and I am starting to grow that:) I get lazy at times...but sometimes I am sick and it just happens...but I am progressing that is all that matters. I am going to do more looking into before I make more look at myself from the start....I feel good about myself and what I have done because I looked back...thanks SurfStar:)

Made the soup on Sunday. I recommend using any seasoning you can:) When you eat this for 7 days that extra spies helps:)
Day 1: Fruit day:)
So I will be eating my soup 3 times today at the least...if I get hungry I can have more:) I like to treat it like I would in my normal day. Breakfast Lunch and Dinner. I can have all the fruit I want...except bananas. So far I have had a plum and an apple. I am drinking plenty of water and V8 fruit fusion. I get home early so I do plan to do DDR...but who knows what happens in a day:)
My measurements are 137lbs(Changed from once we started:) 40in bust area, 37 waist area, 40in hips, and 20in thighs. As of Monday these are my measurements. I am going to show my progress and what I go through in this in case you want to try it:) I did pass up a Frozen snickers today...I had to stop off at the gas station....I had the diet helping me...but I was glad I passed it up still:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 16, 2012, 08:48:14 AM »
Huh, I'm gonna have to ponder that challenge for a while.

Anyways yesterday we had a cake decorating competition/party for my cousin's daughter and her friends.... needless to say I pretty much inhaled cakes and decorations etc lol. So no point for healthy eating, but I'm still happy about how much fun it was and I'm not stressing over it.

Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 16, 2012, 09:12:10 AM »
My five positive changes are:

1.  I've done better with how much I eat and made some better meal choices
2.  I have gotten up, even when I have no energy (now I know why), and worked at least some to keep me moving
3.  The number on the scale doesn't tell anything about who I really am inside.  It is just a number, and number means nothing.
4.  I will get better, I will get smaller, and I will make it through anything life throws at me.
5.  Never walk barefoot in the house at dark.  JK!  I mean, Do not ever give up what you once held so dear, like karate for me.  it might be snatched away in an instant, and when it's gone, those lost moments are hard to get back.  Also, remember to block with your hand OVER your face when practicing the nunchuks.  Even second degree black belts get smacked in the face.  In front of the whole class.  And sensei.  And you all will laugh, even if it hurts.  xD 

I have now smacked myself again this last week in the face.  Second time in the face ,but about the fifth time on the funny bone...what makes it bad is you drop the chucks and can't pick them up again after that xD  SO funny. 

Surf, thank you so much for all this help....It truly has been a wonder for me.  I got myself to a dietician (my mom's, but she is kind and shares a lot with me as well...speaking of, need to text her, lol!)  and I am not in despair anymore over my weight.  I can change it, even if it is a slow going. 

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 16, 2012, 11:14:23 AM »
2 points for meeee. ^.^ I have felt so, so horribly stomach-spasmy today and my stomach's practically regurgitated itself a few times (sorry if tmi!) so I just had some oreos. Now I feel even more sick, but at least the pain's stopped.

Tomorrow's scary cakes.. the judgement day of whether I go back to inpatient or not. I don't know if our wii's screwed up but it said I was under 7st last night (under 45kg for me is instant hospitalisation + NG tube) which is terrifying. Can only hope it was wrong. I know I'm binging now bc of my weigh in.. but somehow with my stomach being like it is today, I don't think it'll make much difference. :yikes:

I'm going to be honest and admit that I have been exercising despite being banned from it.. but I haven't breached my houseboundness since Saturday. And yes, I'm unwell as a result of purging. But I'm not going to hide that.. what's the point?

I'll do the challenge perhaps further along the line, as I've not gotten to that point yet.. 50 points so far.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:16:56 AM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 16, 2012, 04:35:51 PM »
Today, not so well. Sick with a cold and that time of the month of unending munchies. So at the moment I'm at 1 point today but I may lose it later.

Positive Changes:
1. I'm not as hungry as I used to be
2. Since skating once a week, I can skate longer without stopping :D
3. I can run! and keep going more than 5 min!!
4. I get antsy, I look forward to doing stuff in the day
5. My health is good, I just recently got bloodwork done and I'm normal for once! for the most part
I have fat deposits in my liver possibly due to rapid weight loss but I don't see how 40 lbs in 2.5 years is rapid :/ which is sad this may mean giving my my already lack of drinking I do enjoy a drink every few weeks or so especially since my roommate homebrews. I'm scheduling my appointment tomorrow though with my primary doctor to get that checked out.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
My right knee is extremely swollen and there is a bulge at the top of the kneecap, which is a fluid pocket. It's true I can't do "proper" exercise right now, but I still do what I can and when I need a day off of the knee, I take the day off. I give myself the benefit of the doubt. I went to IKEA today, which takes us 2 hours to get through the showroom, the marketplace and then the self-service area and checkout. It's easy, slow walking that isn't too strenuous normally, but it took me a lot of effort and I let myself enjoy that I didn't just stay home and sit on my butt.

Ugh, I so feel you. Right now my left knee has been swollen and I've been having to ice it. Fortunately I don't get fluid build-up, but it does limit me some when I want to do things. I just have to be more aware of my own limitations, though there was one time when I ended up in the ER due to the pins shifting and embedding themselves in my bone. It was ouchy, I've been very, very careful to follow my physical therapist's directions now.

You control your points and you decide when you did well and when you didn't. The point of this is to recognize your bad habits and turn them around. It's not all about losing weight and it's not about who's ahead of everyone else. We're a team and we're on a journey together to be overall healthier people so we can still be talkin' ponies with each other deep into our 80's.

I agree. I can't see myself without being a part of the Arena and I definitely consider each and everyone of you friends :) I would be devastated if something happened to one of you. Pony-friends are the best friends.

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 07:56:51 PM

Thanks SurfStar. That's really good advice, perspective, and clarification. I just want to say how grateful I am for this thread/project/whatever-I'm-not-sure-exactly-what-to-call-it. I am already noticing changes in my thoughts and habits and even my body. Some are smaller than others, but they're all significant and they're all helping me get to where I want to be, which is living in a body that is full of energy and strength that can take me to do all the fun things I want to do with it. It's really hard sometimes, I totally screw it up sometimes, but as long as I don't give up, I'll get there eventually, even though I want to get there yesterday. I wouldn't be as successful as I am now, though, if it weren't for all of you wonderful folks sharing your support, encouragement, and even your struggles. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, and a special thanks to you, SurfStar for getting us started and being our head cheerleader.

Much Love!
LAA

If we didn't screw up once in a while we wouldn't be human. For instance, I was terrible last Friday. I just completely fell on my face. Fortunately I was able to pick myself back up and get back on the bandwagon the next day. I was even able to admit - guilt free! - that I enjoyed my 'off' day and it was worth it as a small splurge (we had Steak n Shake). But like you said, it's been the small things that have really helped. I've been able to reach for more fruits and veggies - so I feel like I'm getting somewhere! :cheer:

:hug:

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:01:18 PM

Nicely done, Surfstar  :)  I think it's great how you've reinforced the importance on focusing on ourselves - having the guts to know our limitations, as well as the confidence to push ourselves a little further. The support everyone is putting forward to others on this thread is really admirable too.

Great to see you back btw Surfie  :)  I haven't read back a terribly long way on the thread, but hope you've managed to sort out those awful issues you had with your computer losing some stuff!

Having a really bad anxiety disorder, with agoraphobia for a while, really emphasized how much people need to be aware of limitations but also be a little willing to step outside their boundaries every once in a while too. I love having the support of this thread. You guys keep me on track so much!

Welll... sort of. I've managed to get my MacBookPro up and running. Now I just need to get some art/assignments back up and I'll be good to go. I haven't heard back from the repair place so I'm not sure about my other laptop. I can only hope they are able to get some of that data back. :) Otherwise, well. I'll just do what I can.

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:04:21 PM

Great update, Surfstar. I am competing with myself for points!  I want to do the best I can so I can shed all of this extra weight and re-join the world again.  I love all of the pointers/advice and challenges you have set.  They make me expand my boundarys a little which is always a good thing.  I also like having this thread to come to so I can dump off my day's success or failures. It helps to be surrounded by people who are going through the same thing :hug:

:hug: I agree. It's nice to see friendly faces and know that when I need a hug you guys are here!

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:05:33 PM

Cheers for that, Surfstar! I brought out the scales and measuring tape last night, and was pleasantly surprised to see that I've lost an inch round my waist, as well as 3 pounds! I'm now back below 8 stone which is a weight I'm comfortable and happy with :)

That is SO awesome! Congrats! I really need to start using a measuring tape.

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:07:12 PM

SurfStar :lovey:

Fabby post. It points out really important things which we should all be bearing in mind.. and I have suggestions to add onto it as well.

I know I'm quite possibly a silly hypocrite when it comes to the above. :silly: But I do look for positives in life, as tough as it is. Some days I couldn't manage one ensure, and now I'm managing to take some. I know my reasons to change and although it's going to be long and painful I don't believe this will be the death of me.

I think those were wonderful suggestions.

Additionally, I don't think that what you're going through will be the death of you either. I do think you need to work on shifting somethings to a more internal locus of control rather than purely external though.

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:10:29 PM

Great surfstar and everyone...maybe a good challenge for all of us is how we can find good in our situations...1 point sat.....nothing close to a work out...but i could have taken in more cals....but i did good for a birthday party:) today could be hatd on my cals but we have company over and all next week is a chance to work my cals....today is making the soup for my diet....and mon it starts:) i am goinv to even do a scale play so you can see its affects;)

I see I need to edit my post! I was once again sharing a wavelength with you!

I hope that the diet works well for you. I'm personally not a fan of "fad" diets even when they are Dr. approved. I feel that unless it's something that you're going to sustain for the rest of your life, when you go back to eating 'normal' foods you'll experience yo-yo'ing where you regain weight. I would also be concerned about you not getting enough calories during the day as well. I would definitely track your caloric intake and make sure you get at least 1200 calories each day. Otherwise you're just going to mess your metabolism up (speaking from experience).

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:11:06 PM

Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth. I have had strange things going on and teachers conferences and what not. I'm back though and back in business!

Go Pony people go :cheer:

I feel ya! I hope that the strange things aren't anything too terribly serious. :)

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:12:16 PM

Thank you so much for the words of advice, Surfstar and Brightside!
 :silly:
I really needed to hear it.

For people looking for new workouts check Netflix. I just looked myself and there are a few of 10 Minute Solution workouts on instant watch. That includes yoga, kickboxing, pilates, dancing and some others. So if you can't get out of the house and have Netflix it might be worth checking out. You might find a new workout DVD on there that really works for you.
I think I am going to make a mini goal for myself this week to try out a new workout DVD each day. Even if I cannot get through the whole workout I am at least going to try! I might find some extra inspiration through that.
 :cheer:

Mmm. I use Skimble on my iPad and HD Yoga for my workouts. I recently downloaded a new program. Now I'll have to check out Netflix too. It's nice to change things up once in a while.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 08:12:16 PM by SurfStar »

Offline psyknife

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.personalfitnessathome.com
« Reply #1030 on: July 16, 2012, 08:13:38 PM »
Sorry I haven't been on here.  I was at SDCC experiencing a surreal life.  I posted a blog about it, if anyone cares to read/watch - http://www.chicagonow.com/fitness-at-home/2012/07/love-the-journey-my-san-diego-comic-con-epiphany/
Personal Fitness At Home ~ Home Fitness Programs To Help You Succeed

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
hey everyone, just wanting to let you know I'm still here and participating. Jumped on last sunday to grab the challenge but we've been all caught up in a pretty big family emergency. The week of the July 4th I really lost some steam due to stress and either eating everything in sight or nothing at all due to what was going on, but it evened out and things are getting better. I'm getting back on track with my excercising and even through the stress I've stayed away from all soda. I've officially not had a sip of the stuff for over 30 days :D I'm really proud that I think I've really managed to give the stuff up this time for good!

I think everyone splurges some during the holidays! I know I lost some steam over that weekend while I was out of town too (I regret nothing!). I'm glad that you've successfully given up soda! It's sooooo damaging. =)

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:14:57 PM

Sorry I haven't been on here.  I was at SDCC experiencing a surreal life.  I posted a blog about it, if anyone cares to read/watch - http://www.chicagonow.com/fitness-at-home/2012/07/love-the-journey-my-san-diego-comic-con-epiphany/

I knoooow. I'm so envious! I hope that you had an amazing time! :) I loved your pictures and now I'm going to have to go through that link too. I hope you're going next year so I can hug you for getting me back on track!

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:17:21 PM

I think I'll post for the challenge :) Looking back over the last four weeks, some of the positive things that I've noticed in myself is that I'm not craving all the junk food that I would normally be eating and have instead really taken the time to sit down and plan out meals to cook. I'm also not snacking hardly at all anymore and though at the start of this it was really hard to stay away from the snack foods, more and more now I am only eating when I am really hungry. I had to invest in a belt too because I've managed to lose half a jean size, and another change is that I'm craving more fruits and veggies. With the heat up as high as it has been I've been going through so much watermellon! Lol. And for my last positive change, I've noticed that I am over all just happier :) Even if I have a few rough days, I'm still overall feeling much more upbeat than I was when I started with this.

That's so awesome! :hug: I adore watermelon too. It's one of the things I look forward to most during the summer. I just cut one up for me this evening and I'm having watermelon and cherries for dessert.

:hug: I'm glad you've been feeling more upbeat.

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:17:59 PM

Nope! I figured while I got my computer stuff sorted out and everything that we could just use the time to get more settled.

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:20:40 PM

Goodie. Another challenge!  I will give it some thought and come back later to post my thoughts.  As an aside, I have now lost 8.5kgs (I was already at 4.5 when this thread started).  I got to wondering how heavy that weight was (rather than how it looked stacked on my hips) and discovered that 4x 2.25 litres of diet coke = the weight I have lost!  I put those bottles in a bag and lifted them up... and wow.  That was a lot of extra weight I was having to carry around. It's no wonder I am feeling so much more energetic these days.

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 01:25:41 AM

Okay.  Five changes I have noticed.

1) Already I am so much fitter than I was.  I can walk up steep hills without too much trouble and recover more quickly once I get to the top

2) I can sit down and eat dinner in my work pants.  I bought them at the start of this challenge and they were really tight.  Now they fit and are even a fraction loose!

3) I feel more positive in general.  I used to look at pretty clothes and think "I wish I could wear that.'  Now I say to myself 'when I can wear that...'

4) I am more confident.  I tend to look people in the eye more than I used to when I walk down the street

5) I am starting to 'see' myself again.  I've been so down about my weight for so long and now that I'm dropping the kgs I can see the real me emerging again.  I've neglected myself and my needs for too long, so now I am splashing out and buying myself pretty things because I deserve them :lovey:

Isn't it great to be able to actually see and feel how much you've lost? I think that sometimes that really helps cement our achievements.
:hug: I'm glad that you're doing well! I think that is a great list of positive side effects.

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:21:43 PM

oooooh, five things I've noticed

1) I have a lot more energy then I used to, so I can get a lot more stuff done then I used to

2) I'm keeping most of my meals down and not even thinking about it often

3) I want to go out more and I can handle spending time with my friends more then I used to

4) I'm definitely far more fit then I used to be and now love doing exercise

5) I'm making more proper meals now instead of just eating something small and snacky

^^ This has been a big help for me, I'm so glad I joined

I'm glad that we have been able to help! I'm also glad that you're being able to spend more time with friends and enjoy doing exercise! These are all awesome milestones (especially #2)!!

:hug: :cheer:

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:24:23 PM

Ok given up trying to keep up here!

The food issues was I have had - that damn banana (first challenge) I couldn't do it in the end and felt like I'd failed...but I swapped and decided to see if I could go three days without cola instead. I did that! Now I've been drinking nearly a 2l bottle of diet, caffeine free cola every day for the past 12 years, easily, if not longer than that. I've had less than a bottle this week :) The side effects were awful (I guess sticking that amount of chemicals into your body for such a long time is going to have some effect) but I did it! My new long term goal is to not rely on cola every day I've done that :D

I'm still sticking to the food plan, just about, I'm even being better about the exercise (I'm doing little bits here and there rather than doing too much - I have FM and walk with a stick so it's kind of difficult for me sometimes although I love love love walking!)

So, getting there....
:hug: I'm so glad that you're able to keep with us. I know how fast this thread moves (20+ pages over a weekend!). I love your goals, I think soda is one of the worst things for us -> I am all for people weaning themselves away from it.

Walking is awesome :) It's definitely one of the easiest exercises to do. I only hope that you're feeling a bit better. It's super sucky to be dealing with medical issues that cause pain. :( :hug:

Just do what you can! Every little bit helps.

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:26:17 PM

It confused me too, lol. I jumped on long enough to pick up last weeks challenge and it wasn't there, lol.

I apparently jut confused the heck out of everyone. Nope, you missed nothing. I had some computer issues (I dropped it and basically ruined the hard-drive), went out of town, and then had to use a back up computer. My hotel also didn't have wi-fi and my Phone ate my message XD It was not a good week for technology for me.

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:28:20 PM

A little over 2 weeks ago, I decided to reallocate my pony money & entertainment budget to a gym membership. I feel like a bit of a traitor, but I'm glad I made the sacrifice. I needed to prioritize my health. I talked it over with my husband and he agreed that it was the right thing to do. He said, "I do realize that this is the most important thing we could spend our money on, next to paying for our house & cars." Plus, I'll be able to cherish my herd & focus on sprucing up the ponies that need some TLC.  :satisfied:

Five Positive Changes:
1. I have more strength and stamina in exercise.
2. I make better food choices.
3. I stand taller (I used to kinda slouch-stand).
4. My skin seems brighter & clearer now.
5. I feel like my thought process is more fluid, and when I talk, words flow with more ease. I felt like my mind was in a haze before. I'd literally stop in the middle of a sentence and forget where I was going with it, and I'd trip on my tongue quite often.

I can't wait until I start having more energy. I'm still pretty lethargic most of the time. :sleepy:

:hug: I know exactly what you mean. At least though if you have to give up ponies for a while - your health is a very good reason. I'm sure your herd is 100% behind you. :)

#4 is a great point! The healthier you eat, the better your skin gets. It's one of the great benefits of being a semi-vegetarian too. #2 and #3 are great! :hug: Just imagine where you'll be in another 4 weeks!

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:30:29 PM

2 points for Sunday....yes I did go over my calories but being a birthday weekend...I could have done a lot worse. Normally I graze and have bad beverages the whole day. This time I cut back....so got my cal point and a pat on a back for finally learning some self control:) I did not do an actually work out on DDR or anything but I got a few loads of laundry in, did dishes, cleaned my kitchen and a few ponies. I looked back at my first post with all my goals and one goal stuck out at me. "I want to really have a good active lifestyle." I realized that it did not mean working out every day...it meant keeping me from sitting on my butt after I get home for work...and I am starting to grow that:) I get lazy at times...but sometimes I am sick and it just happens...but I am progressing that is all that matters. I am going to do more looking into before I make more look at myself from the start....I feel good about myself and what I have done because I looked back...thanks SurfStar:)

Made the soup on Sunday. I recommend using any seasoning you can:) When you eat this for 7 days that extra spies helps:)
Day 1: Fruit day:)
So I will be eating my soup 3 times today at the least...if I get hungry I can have more:) I like to treat it like I would in my normal day. Breakfast Lunch and Dinner. I can have all the fruit I want...except bananas. So far I have had a plum and an apple. I am drinking plenty of water and V8 fruit fusion. I get home early so I do plan to do DDR...but who knows what happens in a day:)
My measurements are 137lbs(Changed from once we started:) 40in bust area, 37 waist area, 40in hips, and 20in thighs. As of Monday these are my measurements. I am going to show my progress and what I go through in this in case you want to try it:) I did pass up a Frozen snickers today...I had to stop off at the gas station....I had the diet helping me...but I was glad I passed it up still:)

You have a very hourglass figure. :) It sounds like you're doing awesome and I hope that this soup thing works well for you. I'm glad that you were able to pass up the frozen snickers too! Banana's have lot's of carbs and I imagine that the diet is trying to keep you on a more low carb diet.

Good luck!

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:31:35 PM

Huh, I'm gonna have to ponder that challenge for a while.

Anyways yesterday we had a cake decorating competition/party for my cousin's daughter and her friends.... needless to say I pretty much inhaled cakes and decorations etc lol. So no point for healthy eating, but I'm still happy about how much fun it was and I'm not stressing over it.

I wouldn't stress over it either... actually, I'm slightly envious XD That sounds like so much fun! I hope you got some pictures of the cakes before they were eaten at least, I'm imagining they were nifty!

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:33:43 PM

I have now smacked myself again this last week in the face.  Second time in the face ,but about the fifth time on the funny bone...what makes it bad is you drop the chucks and can't pick them up again after that xD  SO funny. 

Surf, thank you so much for all this help....It truly has been a wonder for me.  I got myself to a dietician (my mom's, but she is kind and shares a lot with me as well...speaking of, need to text her, lol!)  and I am not in despair anymore over my weight.  I can change it, even if it is a slow going.

:hug: I'm glad that you enjoy yourself at karate! Even if you do keep smacking yourself in the face.

You're welcome! I'm glad that you're not despairing over things anymore and that you're working with a dietician (hopefully they are good!). I know you're stressing some about moving to Houston, but I can promise I'll hang out with you (we can Monster High hunt together!). I'll be moving there this fall for an internship. :)

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:36:38 PM

Tomorrow's scary cakes.. the judgement day of whether I go back to inpatient or not. I don't know if our wii's screwed up but it said I was under 7st last night (under 45kg for me is instant hospitalisation + NG tube) which is terrifying. Can only hope it was wrong. I know I'm binging now bc of my weigh in.. but somehow with my stomach being like it is today, I don't think it'll make much difference. :yikes:

I'm going to be honest and admit that I have been exercising despite being banned from it.. but I haven't breached my houseboundness since Saturday. And yes, I'm unwell as a result of purging. But I'm not going to hide that.. what's the point?

I'll do the challenge perhaps further along the line, as I've not gotten to that point yet.. 50 points so far.

Well then I'd say you shouldn't be getting points for exercising OR purging at this point. You've been asked point blank to refrain from it as it is hurting your body more than helping it. I know that there is a certain amount of compulsion associated with the disease, but there is also a point where you are making a choice. This isn't like cancer, it's different and you do have some control over your actions. The fact that you are aware of how bad the consequences can be, demonstrates that.

That being said, I hope that your appointment goes well. The last thing I want is for you to get hospitalized. :hug:

Post Merge: July 16, 2012, 08:39:30 PM

Today, not so well. Sick with a cold and that time of the month of unending munchies. So at the moment I'm at 1 point today but I may lose it later.

Positive Changes:
1. I'm not as hungry as I used to be
2. Since skating once a week, I can skate longer without stopping :D
3. I can run! and keep going more than 5 min!!
4. I get antsy, I look forward to doing stuff in the day
5. My health is good, I just recently got bloodwork done and I'm normal for once! for the most part
I have fat deposits in my liver possibly due to rapid weight loss but I don't see how 40 lbs in 2.5 years is rapid :/ which is sad this may mean giving my my already lack of drinking I do enjoy a drink every few weeks or so especially since my roommate homebrews. I'm scheduling my appointment tomorrow though with my primary doctor to get that checked out.

:hug: Sending positive thoughts and warm fuzzy blankets your way. Being sick AND other issues is such a double whammy. I hope you get to feeling better soon and that the issues with your liver turn out to be nothing. Unfortunately if you've had periods of rapid weight loss (2+lb's a week) it can cause some major issues. I think that's why I make frowny faces at Doctor's that push fad diets. Losing weight rapidly can be just as hard on a body as having more weight.

I'm glad though that the rest of the bloodwork came back fairly normal! I have high hopes for that in 3 months myself. :hug: Your other accomplishments sound awesome!

:hug: Get to feeling better soon!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 08:39:30 PM by SurfStar »

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 16, 2012, 09:24:22 PM »
Surf, after they told him he had the job, they are now telling him they have no time to talk to him to give him more information!  He might not get it after all if this is how they are acting...but we do come down there every so often, and I can let you know somehow so we can attempt to get together! 

Went to dr today, turns out the nurse read the wrong paperwork and I do not have a thyriod problem.  o.O  But dr is running auto immune panel again to double check what all is messing me up, since he thinks my other auto immune panel was faulty.  Going to be an interesting trip to dr in 2 weeks....  o.O  also, my body is trying to make kidney stones.  >.< 

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #1033 on: July 16, 2012, 09:27:10 PM »
Surf, after they told him he had the job, they are now telling him they have no time to talk to him to give him more information!  He might not get it after all if this is how they are acting...but we do come down there every so often, and I can let you know somehow so we can attempt to get together! 

Went to dr today, turns out the nurse read the wrong paperwork and I do not have a thyriod problem.  o.O  But dr is running auto immune panel again to double check what all is messing me up, since he thinks my other auto immune panel was faulty.  Going to be an interesting trip to dr in 2 weeks....  o.O  also, my body is trying to make kidney stones.  >.< 

Goodness. That sounds like a lot. I hope that the Dr can figure out everything and get things balanced. It's always aggravating when you feel like your own body is against you.

:hug: Either or! My hubby will still be in Killeen and one of my Besties lives in Denton. I'm sure we could manage something. I keep hoping that maybe someone will do a Dallas Pony Meet.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 16, 2012, 09:59:39 PM »
I can't quote as I'm on my silly phone (it's 5am here, have been worrying myself to insanity all night long) but I'm really appreciative for the replies, SurfStar.

Bc I'm silly and forget to update my plan on here, as of the last fortnight I've only been recording points on a supplement basis. four a day, 0.5 points per drink. It makes things simpler.

On a side (unrelated) note, have to express my love for my blankets XD Hmm, maybe that's something I could reward myself with eventually -has found MLP blanket on evilbay-

edit: wow, I'm stupid when I'm sleep deprived XD
Clinic is soon.. will be going within the next hour, positively very nervous. :yikes: Will update on here as soon as I can.. I'm really hoping it's not the dreaded 'I' word. To think of a good thing in all of this.. at least it'll be over soon, and also it might help me find a better track.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:46:09 AM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal