collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Offer me some Organizational Tools for Spacey Artists??  (Read 1291 times)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
Offer me some Organizational Tools for Spacey Artists??
« on: August 14, 2023, 05:35:16 AM »
  Hi, all! This is my first real post in ages and ages. And why is that? Because I let life slip from me and got super unorganized. I'm having a hard time managing, well, my time. And lately, it has been especially difficult since I, like everyone else these days, have a lot on my plate most days. I have been lurking on the boards for years, rarely even commenting anymore since I'm not checking in regularly.

But, I miss the Arena in general and would like to try to figure out how to fit it back into my full schedule. I'd love to hear any and all suggestions, tips, life hacks, etc. that have worked for you (or maybe another space cadet in your life) and that helped to streamline and make the most out of your daily routines. TYIA!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Offer me some Organizational Tools for Spacey Artists??
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 07:20:19 AM »
Hi :) Good to see you posting again.

I was diagnosed with ADHD a couple years ago. I was put on a medication to help me focus and stay motivated. That's always something you can look into. To see if you've got it too.

My therapist helped by giving me some tips:

- Make a list of everything you need to do and prioritize it. Put the most important or time sensitive thing on top and go from there.
- Rearrange your space. Sometimes a change can help renew your interest in doing things.
- Think about what you use the most and put it close to where you work. Like, if you're still making customs, you want your baits close to you, so you don't have to interrupt your flow to find them. I keep my bait bin under my desk. I just need to slide it out and open it to find a pony.
- Keep like things together. Say you've got two drawer organizers, keep pony stuff in one and then other art and craft stuff in the other.
- Make sure you have good natural light and full spectrum lamps. I recommend OttLite. I've been using their desk lamps for years and never have any issue with them. They show true colors and are easy on your eyes.
- Don't neglect your health. We often get so into the thing we're doing we forget to get up every hour and stretch, or stay hydrated, eat, use the bathroom. Sometimes it helps to set a timer. You'll work for an hour then take a short break.
- Probably the most important tip - Make time for yourself. If you do a lot of commissions, take a break once in a while to work on something YOU want to do that you would enjoy. It doesn't have to be your regular thing. If you've been wanting to try something new, take the time to do it. If you feel like doing nothing, that's valid too!

As far as physical things to keep us organized I love these stackable portable bins.

Lazy Susans are great to have on your desk if you have the room.

The aforementioned drawer organizers. You can find them at Walmart. I always leave the wheels off because they get too heavy.

These soft storage bags are great for fabrics.

Skinny rolling carts for those tight spaces.

Counter top storage! I have one of these on my desk and another on my bookcase (that I use for art stuff)

As far as everyday things go, make a list for that too. If you can't get to everything in one day, that's fine. Make another list for tomorrow. Each day mark off what you've finished. Before long your list will get shorter :)

Get enough sleep. And good quality sleep. I'm struggling with this right now myself. It can really drain you if you haven't gotten good sleep.

Remember to take breaks. Just like with art, doing housework or running errands can keep us from taking care of ourselves. Hydration is so important, especially with the heat.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 07:29:25 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal