collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dolly Illnesses and Maintenance Recommendations/Tips  (Read 11952 times)

spherogirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Dolly Illnesses and Maintenance Recommendations/Tips
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 05:16:17 PM »
Thanks for the support Blitzn! I will make sure to credit those who have helped to put this thread together when I get done with it. It's a lot of information to compile and edit. It'll probably take me a while to finish it.

Thanks, also, for the tips and description of "cancer" as it relates to dolls and ponies! I think I may be able to combine a couple of topics because of this.

Great thread, spherogirl (and andibgoode). Had some information I never came across before when I was researching for cures.  I don't think I have anything to contribute to the OP but I'll throw in $0.02.

What we call Cancer is described here (albeit a biased review), is caused by improper storage and exposure to things that mess up the plasticizer. It's hard to treat (I tried remove-zit but it took a lot of doing, and IMO bleach spots look worse or can make the brown spots look worse). I also tried zit cream/sun with mixed results. I came across one site that says vasaline w/sun for dark plastics but I never tried it.

My biggest advice for pony collectors, and other hollow type dolls, is to avoid getting water inside of them (avoid baths but instead surface clean with rags).  I've personally seen single sellers ruin 100s of G1s :-(.  For any doll, one should limit HEAT & chemical exposure to the plastic: avoid boiling water, dishwashers, clothes washers, pure acetone, chemicals, etc. Spot treatments such as goof off, sun, or remove-zit is to try to fix a bigger evil. And if there are more mild treatments, try those in lieu of more detrimental ones.

spherogirl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Dolly Illnesses and Maintenance Recommendations/Tips
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 09:14:01 PM »
Bumping this because I see some people asking questions that are covered in this thread.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal