collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your pony related goals this year?  (Read 369 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
What are your pony related goals this year?
« on: January 04, 2023, 09:26:00 PM »
Not necessarily buying ponies, but other things. Are you working on a pony room? Trying to sell your pony art? Taking your collection to the Pony Spa?

I'd like to actually display my ponies this year. I have shelving picked out, just need to buy it. It's going to be a $100 investment, which really isn't that much compared to the amount I've spent on the ponies :P but it's not something I can afford just yet. Other non-pony things are needed first.

When I get the shelves up and start unpacking, I'd like to take pictures of all of my ponies. They will probably also need a spa day.

I want to take the shelves I have for my Raincurl army and paint them.

I'd really like to print out all the pony art I've commissioned and frame it.

What are your pony plans? :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are your pony related goals this year?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 09:40:33 PM »
I'll be buying a house this year, so I'm looking forward to taking ponies out of storage and having everything properly displayed together and finishing my inventory chart.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 11:46:03 AM »
Pretty much the same as you guys... would be great to finally get everyone out of storage and out on display!

I don't have any specific collecting goals since I've got other plans for my money this year (and I think any other "fun money" I get will probably be going more towards my other collections), but it'd be nice to pick up some more HQG1Cs - it'd be nice to finally finish the Artistry Girls set, for example.

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 01:52:12 PM »
We bought a house in February, and everything has been packed up since. I would like to work on my pony room and office in the basement. Previous owners started the process of finishing the basement, but they didn't do a very good job. So we have a lot of work ahead of us.

Offline ponyproblem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 02:55:09 PM »
I have put up some shelves for my ponies, I just have to find the time to organise them.

Finding a pony that I am looking for in a second hand or charity shop is something I would like to do, I hope I will be lucky enough to find one! It is more for the sake of nostalgia. I remember buying some of my G1s from those shops as a child.  ^.^
Though if I find ponies that I don't want to keep I would love to try my first trade through the forums!
Going to a pony con would be fun too! I don't think I will be going this year though.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 04:17:38 PM »
REORGANISE
MY
COLLECTION!!!
Unfortunately it's in a cold room so that will have to wait. I'm taking the edge off the cold but it's still not pleasant to spend long in there uncovered.
Otherwise, maybe two-three Ponies themselves, fill gaps in the G1 comic collection, find what club leaflets I'm missing & top up from the likes of Gaspode, & once the knitting's done & I have new glasses, get back to Customising, as I have a whole bunch waiting to be done!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline sweetstuff85

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 11:12:50 PM »
Definitely to spend less, I went crazy last year. I probably bought over 200 G1 and G3 ponies altogether. I don’t even want to know what I spent, I couldn’t bare to add it all up. I did find some really great deals on FB a market place and did a lot of bulk buying to save on shipping, but that’s my silly way of justifying my over spending. 😬

I’ve told myself (not sure if this will stick) that I can only buy two ponies a month, or about $50 CDN plus shipping. I really need to stick to this. My bank account needs me to!

So I really need to figure out which 24 ponies I want to add to my collection. I’m hoping to complete a few sets where I’m missing one or two ponies.

Offline stjarne

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • my teemnsy pone....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2023, 01:14:23 AM »
maaybbee to actually properly organize my G3 ponies on my shelf, lol. a huge portion of them are still in my plastic bin after moving & i want them to breathe :( but i am also afraid about the light seeping into my room which could fade some after a while- i REALLY need to get some window curtains first

also, to buy clothing hangers for my clothing portion of my collection. i have a closet now & don't really think i'll use it for my own clothes (i have a dresser anyway) besides these two things, idk yet :awake:

I’ve told myself (not sure if this will stick) that I can only buy two ponies a month, or about $50 CDN plus shipping. I really need to stick to this. My bank account needs me to!

also a good idea... maybe i should do this too once i get a new job lol. save for special occassions :snicker:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 01:18:50 AM by stjarne »
✧・゚* jar ・゚*✧
they/she ◦ 22
G3 wishes | jars pony junction | my insta

:cloud:

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2023, 03:32:35 AM »
Many of my goals this year seem to be pony related, LOL!

My goal last year was to make 12 custom ponies, at least one per month! I'm keeping the same goal - because I'm not sure I made it to 12 last year, LOL! I'll have to go check! :lmao: They start to blend together!

I'd also love to FINALLY get my double G3s sorted, washed, and sold! I had a big sell-off of all of my G1s back when the pandemic first hit because I saw prices jump and thought, this is it! The perfect time to finally commit to selling! And I got a huge chunk of them gone, but there's a couple stragglers, and almost all of my G3s didn't make it to eBay! :yikes:

But my real, true, ultimate goal this year... is getting through my wash pile! AKA the doom pile from hell! :lmao: It's gotten ridiculous, I don't even remember everyone who's waiting for a bath in there!! So I'd love to wash them, sort them, and FINALLY add them to my collection boxes!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2023, 03:50:55 AM »
ohh, I have goals.
I want to get risers so I can finish reorganizing my collection. I bought two more cabinets last year, and I'm still in the thinking stage of how to display now. RIsers will help!

I also want to clean up my box of ponies waiting for the spa, and sell the duplicates.

Work more on art, and pick customizing back up.

Complete adult ballerina ponies (altho I'll be happy if I just add 1)

My goals this year aren't too spendy. Between new hobbies thanks to hubby, my knitting design and also having horses in my life again, I can't spend too much on collecting right now. xD But I want  to make what I already have nicer, theyve all been crammed together in the two small cabinets for too long.

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2023, 09:01:30 AM »
These probably don't count, but I hope to write more for my MLP project this year, as well as hopefully upload some more FiM reviews on my YouTube channel, although I have other shows planned as well (I review animation in general.)  Additionally, it would be nice if I upload other things relating to ponies, but I don't know if it will be this year - though I do plan to review one G5 animation this year.

I'm also planning to write my opinion on G5, which I planned on doing last year.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2023, 05:23:16 AM »
I want to clean a lot of my ponies this year. I've hoarded a ton of them but never took the time to clean them up. Now that I don't feel like buying new ones as much, I should bring my ponies to the spa.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 06:29:16 AM »
i need to reorganize and get some common ponies that i don't have in my collection. probably continue my long term goal of having a complete set of non-nirvana g1s
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2023, 07:36:23 AM »
Spa days for some of my ponies that need sunfading or de-crinkling their tinsel.

In terms of collection goals I only have a few Nirvanas and other hard-to-find ponies left, so I'm not sure I'll be able to find any this year.

Offline Cbaird

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2023, 08:17:46 AM »
I would love to get my show stable painted so that it is white again

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal