collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone taking summer classes?  (Read 812 times)

Offline Cucco

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • poniponiponi
    • View Profile
Anyone taking summer classes?
« on: June 07, 2014, 07:29:37 PM »
I'm going to be a senior in college next year, and I have to tackle my senior thesis (huge art show), required volunteer work at schools, a Teacher assistant's position, and master's of education courses next year... and there's probably more than that... I can't remember all of it! x_x

So I'm taking three online summer courses so that my final year in college goes a bit more smoothly, and I have more time to dedicate to my senior thesis and all that other stuff I gotta do to graduate.

So far... the work has been grueling. Teachers in summer classes KNOW that they're the only class you're enrolled in, so they assign like crazy!! But unfortunately for me, I'm in three at once @_@;

Have any of you taken summer classes or are enrolled in them now? If so, how is it / did it go?
The G1 color-change hair set is my grail. Currently own: Mainsail, Seaflower, Shoreline

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Anyone taking summer classes?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 07:35:53 PM »
I'm not but best of luck to you!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 06:48:06 AM »
I'm working on a summer internship. Four days of my week I work for free haha! Second semester I will be taking an intro to psychology class at night twice a week. This is my second go around at college. I already have my bachelors. I took summer classes one time on campus while working on my bachelors. It was awful xD I took biology,  biology lab, and chemistry. Horrible life decision! It did make that particular school year a bit easier though :)

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline Cucco

• Dance N' Prance Pony
  • poniponiponi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:33:54 AM »
I'm working on a summer internship. Four days of my week I work for free haha! Second semester I will be taking an intro to psychology class at night twice a week. This is my second go around at college. I already have my bachelors. I took summer classes one time on campus while working on my bachelors. It was awful xD I took biology,  biology lab, and chemistry. Horrible life decision! It did make that particular school year a bit easier though :)
I've been dreading summer classes D: I'm glad though, because now I won't feel bad if I fail to get a summer job this year... cause I'm busy haha
The G1 color-change hair set is my grail. Currently own: Mainsail, Seaflower, Shoreline

Niksilp

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 02:04:52 PM »
I'm technically taking three summer classes, but one is my internship (thankfully paid through my current employer). My university has two summer sessions, so this session I'm taking an online course (basically the last gen ed class I needed) and next session I'm taking an on-campus course. And once the summer is over, I'll be able to apply for graduation (expected December 2015).

It's kind of nice to be able to take summer courses and get a bit ahead, but at the same time, I feel like I don't really get the "break" from school that I wanted. Summer has just become an extension of the school year, especially because summer courses are accelerated (my online course is 8 weeks, and the on-campus one is 6 weeks). :(

Offline sparkykandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 02:56:52 PM »
I once took a summer class and did volunteer work at the same time.  I regret doing that.  The class was pretty fast paced and doing both left me exhausted.  Fortunately, I managed to get through it. 
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 08:36:52 AM »
No, but I was in fasttrack for college.  so youre cramming in more work then usual to stay ahead :)

Youll be ok <3  I had some highschool teacher that did that way back when.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline MandarinCupcake

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mandrixa - Etsy Shop
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 11:58:44 AM »
I'm taking summer classes this term.  Only two classes, but they will be time consuming, and both are studio classes. I have Advanced Quadruped Animation and Animal Drawing.  I will also be working on my animated short over the summer so I can have more time to polish come fall. 

Good luck to you this summer!

Offline Cucco

• Dance N' Prance Pony
  • poniponiponi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 04:03:32 PM »
I'm taking summer classes this term.  Only two classes, but they will be time consuming, and both are studio classes. I have Advanced Quadruped Animation and Animal Drawing.  I will also be working on my animated short over the summer so I can have more time to polish come fall. 

Oh man, that sounds exciting! I've only ever had one term full of just art classes. It really helped me focus on my art instead of the usual academic studies. I hope you enjoy it ^_^

Thanks for all your advice, everyone~

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 12:51:23 AM »
I have taken summer classes before. I took 3 at once and hated it because everything was crammed into a 5 week session. The classes met every day for 2.5 hours each and let me tell you - a 2.5 hour math class 5 times a week sucks massive ass!

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Khema

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 11:30:15 AM »
I'm working on my second masters degree. My summer class starts in a couple weeks. The intensity usually depends on the teacher and the subject matter. Mental Health Counseling is supposed to be a tough one.

Good luck on your classes and all your future endeavors!  :accomplished:

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »
Yep, I'm taking summer classes right now.  Two online classes (History 102, Sociology 101), two face-to-face classes (Bio 101, Cyber Investigations) as well as the Bio 101 lab.  It's a lot of work but thankfully my Cyber Investigations class will be wrapping up in a few weeks.  Love that class to death, but I've almost forgotten what it's like to have free time. xD

Working on a BA in Criminal Justice.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline MandarinCupcake

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mandrixa - Etsy Shop
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 05:16:10 PM »

Oh man, that sounds exciting! I've only ever had one term full of just art classes. It really helped me focus on my art instead of the usual academic studies. I hope you enjoy it ^_^

Thanks for all your advice, everyone~

I'm thinking I will :) Thank you!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 06:56:31 PM »
I'm all done with College but for 3 summers I took classes.  It's cheaper and well I was able to knock out those annoying paper writing classes so I could focus on 3d modeling and other classes.  They definitely seemed harder because the teacher would cram in a whole semester in such a short time.  One class I was forced to take during the summer because it was required and they were not going to teach it anymore, history of animation.  The worst summer class I took was a painting class.  The class started out with 4 students and dwindled to 3.  The guy was a bad teacher to say the least and loved to invade my personal space hovering over my thighs ughh.  He also stopped teaching and did his own thing less than half way through teaching...   

Offline Cucco

• Dance N' Prance Pony
  • poniponiponi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 07:46:27 PM »
I'm all done with College but for 3 summers I took classes.  It's cheaper and well I was able to knock out those annoying paper writing classes so I could focus on 3d modeling and other classes.  They definitely seemed harder because the teacher would cram in a whole semester in such a short time.  One class I was forced to take during the summer because it was required and they were not going to teach it anymore, history of animation.  The worst summer class I took was a painting class.  The class started out with 4 students and dwindled to 3.  The guy was a bad teacher to say the least and loved to invade my personal space hovering over my thighs ughh.  He also stopped teaching and did his own thing less than half way through teaching...   
oh geez that sounds terrible and I'm so sorry you had to experience that. :(
The only issue I'm having so far is I have some group work and my classmates are not doing their part. Like I have to respond to their responses to a question but there are no responses for me to respond to.  :whoa:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal