TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Help with Ebay Shipping Problem - RESOLVED

(1/3) > >>

Catlein:
Hello everyone,

I made a mistake in judgement the other night, and bid on a lot from France that didn't have exact shipping rates up. Unfortunately, I had found the auction at the last minute, so there was no time for the seller to get back to me. I assumed, however, that since I was dealing with tiny Ponyvilles that the shipping could not be worse than the full ponies that I have had shipped before.

Well, I woke up this morning (since the auction ended overnight) to a 23 euro shipping charge on a 5 euro lot... The seller says that this is because they will track them and require a signature upon arrival (but no insurance). I've emailed them to ask if there is a cheaper shipping option (that isn't worth 4X the price of the ponies), but is there anything else I can do?

Important lesson learned about Ebay.... D:

zzzova:
Wow.. that was quit a bit for the shipping  :shocked:
Hope that you can get a cheaper option!  :)

ponylady:
I do hope they can offer a lower shipping rate for you.  But to be fair ebay has made it really hard on sellers if a package is sent International First Class. There is no protection, bottom line.  It is recommended that it is sent International Priority that way it is covered if a buyer claims it has not arrived or goes missing and that is the only way one is protected.  So your seller is not out of line she is probably just going by what is safe and recommended.

I know the temptation of bidding on a lot that is ending soon and is still low is tempting but I always make sure I know what my final costs are going to be.

I guess in the long run if she don't want to ship any other way then you can ask her to cancel the transaction and go from there.

Catlein:

--- Quote from: ponylady on April 06, 2012, 01:17:29 PM ---I do hope they can offer a lower shipping rate for you.  But to be fair ebay has made it really hard on sellers if a package is sent International First Class. There is no protection, bottom line.  It is recommended that it is sent International Priority that way it is covered if a buyer claims it has not arrived or goes missing and that is the only way one is protected.  So your seller is not out of line she is probably just going by what is safe and recommended.

I know the temptation of bidding on a lot that is ending soon and is still low is tempting but I always make sure I know what my final costs are going to be.

I guess in the long run if she don't want to ship any other way then you can ask her to cancel the transaction and go from there.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the comments! I made a rather newbie to Ebay mistake, and I don't want to put this seller through any undue suffering. I figured since they offered both cheap shipping and tracked shipping to some areas, that they would do so everywhere. Totally my bad. Too bad Ebay has gotten to this point of unsafety for sellers... :(

Hopefully I can get the shipping downgraded. Fingers crossed!

NoDivision:

--- Quote from: ponylady on April 06, 2012, 01:17:29 PM ---I do hope they can offer a lower shipping rate for you.  But to be fair ebay has made it really hard on sellers if a package is sent International First Class. There is no protection, bottom line.  It is recommended that it is sent International Priority that way it is covered if a buyer claims it has not arrived or goes missing and that is the only way one is protected.  So your seller is not out of line she is probably just going by what is safe and recommended.

--- End quote ---

This.

I honestly charge absurd international shipping prices on ebay, but it's the ONLY way to protect myself at all, so I have to do it. And I tell people that I will not lower them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version