collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 50251 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1560 on: March 16, 2024, 03:10:42 AM »
Morning has been extremly slow today. Husband is going to make us lunch which can be anywhere from 12 to 4pm depending on when he wakes up, so I've already eaten a protein bar. I'm on my fitfh cup of tea and has watered all the plants except the one in the bedroom.. I even watered my orchid today :).¨It's not even noon btw.. it's like eleven.

The rest of the day I'm just gonna sit somewhere doing nothing.. I was in the mood for watching something lighthearted but not a film.. I love the Repair shop, but I've already seen the Swedish version and all the episodes released of the brittish. bleh. I should probably take a walk but don't have the energy. I am so low today.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1561 on: March 16, 2024, 08:50:28 AM »
Today I'm filling out paperwork for my disability and gathering up everything I need for my lease renewal. Pretty boring! I'll probably play a game in-between all that. I started playing this cute little game last night about building a cozy neighborhood. It just requires clicking and the graphics and music are really relaxing :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #1562 on: March 17, 2024, 01:20:19 AM »
It was already looking very much like spring but last night we had a snowstorm. It's still snowing but luckily the busses are running, I'm on my way to visit relatives. It's a 1-hour bus ride. Two hours if you count getting to the bus station, on Sunday the local bus only runs every 30 mins.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1563 on: March 18, 2024, 09:14:24 AM »
I feel a little better than I did yesterday but I don't think it's going to last. Today I need to clean and pick up the place. I have to keep everything in order so I don't get a surprise inspection again. I still need to reorganize the craft closet and start going through my bins and boxes. Plus, ponies. I was going to work on them last night but I couldn't sit at my desk any longer.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: March 19, 2024, 11:26:09 AM »
@Shockponie I hope you enjoyed your film!!!
BC get well soon xxx And all the best wi your payments: you NEED them xxx
Griffin that's the worst part of this time of year: the surprise snow!!! Hope you're managing ok xxx
Beldarna we all get like that sometimes xxx Just find a nice relaxing thing to do wi your time xxx

Me, Monday was the second-last film day, as it's a winter thing, so I took back the DVDs I lent to the place for showing. I wasn't the only one either; another lassie lent DVDs for us to watch, & she was taking hers back too. The last DVD is one of mine & I can't forget to pick it up either.
More yarn arrived.
Today was coffee morning, so I went to that, got quick messages, then got ready to take the bus into town. It's paint time!!! So I got a nice big tin of my fave colour of bathroom paint (Blue Lagoon), to make my bathroom sea-themed again. So far all décor has been applied to the wet walls, using wall stickers, sticky hooks, & so on. But after the rest of the walls are the colour I want them, I can stick up shelves, pin up posters, screw in my sharky bathroom tissue holder, stuff like that!!! I also checked out other shops for stuff. Gorgeous yarn in the everything shop, plus a sink bowl for soaking my paint brushes in (steeping now). I ate out for a big lunch of soup, a toastie, & some churros. I've never had churros before. They're sweet pastry sticks you dip in a sauce & scooshy cream. I have scooshy cream for my hot choc, but no caramel sauce. I sought out some in the Tesco, as well as picking up broccoli & other messages I need.
Back home, & steeping the paintbrushes & roller heads in hot water with dish soap, using the sink bowl I bought. That will be my messy work sink bowl now.
On the yarn front: I got the bright idea to make sets of stuff with the yarns I'm currently using: hats, scarves, & gloves. The hats are what I've been crocheting, & I made a set of fingerless gloves to go wi one already, wi half of another pair for hat 2. My hat is proving to be a bit of an issue, so am knitting fingerless gloves wi a different colour yarn of the same make to see how much yarn that uses up. I hope it works out... I want my set finished (I doubt it'll get a scarf unlike the ones for donations but we'll see).
I have a bee in my bonnet about the yarn stuff so other things non-essential have been put on hold. I did, however, get the rubbish out!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1565 on: March 20, 2024, 05:28:52 AM »
I always thought scoosh was spelt like 'skoosh' :)

My day is pretty dull. Baby is downstairs with Granny so they are happy. I have zero job hunting enthusiasm but I did remember that I'm entitled to get back in touch with my university careers advice centre, which might cheer me up if it's still as good as it used to be. Also feeling very flat. It's an odd time of year for me. Everyone has been ill apart from me. They had this thing the GPs are calling '100 day cough' apparently. Baby is now doing better than husband, it's getting him down now. Just trying to enjoy the spring flowers and keep well really.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: March 20, 2024, 06:17:10 AM »
I woke up to a loud bang in the hotelroom around 2 am this morning. It turned out to be the soap dispenser in the bathroom that had fallen on the floor. I know it's a discount hotel, but who put up porcelain soapdispensers on a tiled bathroom wall with tape? :blink: I did not do anything as it was in the middle of the night and I wanted my sleep. When I got up in later there was a huge pool of soap on the floor so the bag had obviously broken. I told the girl in the reception when I checked out and she looked like it wasn't a big deal, like it happens a lot. They changed brand only a few weeks ago and I never had any happen with the former dispensers. I mentioned this back at the office and a coworker said he had heard it happen to another coworker. Like what? So it does happen? :lol:

Anyway, worked home. Ate breakfast, slept for three hours. Put a tenderloin in water to defreeze and I want to diamond paint but Ninja is sleeping on my spot so I can't, lol. So either reading or see if there is a new episode of the Repair shop. I never learn when they release the new episodes >_<.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1567 on: March 20, 2024, 08:12:58 AM »
Cleaning up and ponies today. My mind is on my mom though. Her x-rays came back and it is pneumonia :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1569 on: March 21, 2024, 12:50:49 PM »
BC, really sorry to hear about your Mum. I hope she comes through OK.

My neighbours have encroached several feet over our boundary so that we can't put a new fence up. People (including them) keep trespasssing on our garden. On the other side, the neighbour keep deliberately leaning up junk against our fence and throwing soil and rubbish over to our garden. We are responsible for both boundaries. I hate it and wish we'd never moved here. I wish I had something more positive to say, this sounds like a WYP!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1570 on: March 22, 2024, 05:13:09 AM »
ugh awful neighbors are the worst. are they purposely trying to stop you from putting up a fence? maybe there's something an attorney can do?
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: March 22, 2024, 06:35:50 AM »
lots of snow has fallen so  I will have to dig out my car and drive to work (which is always a battle).
urgh I would rather stay in bed LOL  but once I'm awake, I'm awake
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1572 on: March 22, 2024, 09:07:51 AM »
It's cold here too, only 65 today. It's raining and the wind is howling.

I need to clean the kitchen and bathroom, nothing major. Ponies later maybe. I didn't sleep very well so I might crash instead.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: March 22, 2024, 09:34:34 AM »
We have officially ended our nonsugarintake (as hubby failed and gave up) so I'm munching on a bar of my favorite chocolate and drinking my favorite bloodorange soda. It's friday! :D I've not done much, groceryshopping and watching tv. I have no plans for the weekend which feels soo good!

EDIT!: I forgot to mention that I finally got my new appointment for the health care center! It only took a month! But now I don't have to feel anxiety and guard my phone like crazy anymore. I called this morning and the scheduler called me back this afternoon. I am so relieved!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1574 on: March 22, 2024, 02:18:32 PM »
lol, Beldarna. sounds like you had a nice Friday. :) i'm glad you finally got your appointment scheduled.

today i pretty much just worked. i'm annoyed with the usual suspects at work for their usual nonsense. but it's Friday and my birthday weekend so i'm trying to be calm about it.

I also ordered more dirt and stuff to finish my backyard projects. if it gets too hot we'll have to wait another whole year so i gave in and am paying for delivery. i figure it's worth it since gas is so pricy now. my birthday present is going to be finally completing these outdoor projects. next year i'll add some borders to the flowerbeds.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal