collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Who were your first Ponies?

G1 - had as a kid
67 (64.4%)
G1 - got them as an adult
2 (1.9%)
G2 - had as a kid
5 (4.8%)
G2 - had them as an adult
0 (0%)
G3 - had as a kid
20 (19.2%)
G3 - had them as an adult
1 (1%)
G4 - had as a kid
2 (1.9%)
G4 - had them as an adult
6 (5.8%)
Something else and I will share in my reply
1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Who were your first Ponies?  (Read 5108 times)

Offline pikkupapupata

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who were your first Ponies?
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2018, 02:53:13 PM »
I had G1 as a kid. I'm not sure if any were ever mine as opposed to my sibling's because when I was born and then very young, G1s were near their end. My memories of them don't start until around the ages of 7-9, roughly. Wigwam is the only one left, and I have the clearest memories of him. I remember when I cut his hair, proudly showed my mom and said I was excited for it to grow back and try something else next time, and then hysterically sobbing when she had to explain to me that it wasn't real hair and would never grow back. I also remember Dancing Butterflies (loved her colours, disliked her pose), as well as Baby North Star (the one leg up really irked me for some reason, but I liked her face and wings). I feel like we had one of the Glow 'n Show ponies at some point, but I don't know which one (Starglow seems vaguely familiar, but I just don't remember). Chocolate Delight is another I think we had, and I definitely remember having her scented soda. I think we also had a Secret Surprise, maybe Secret Beauty, but that's another vague one. I think there may have been a Merry Go Round and a Dream Beauty along the way, but I don't know which.

We also had a blue lunchbox with all of the Merry Go Round ponies on it and the Thermos that I used whenever I could. I think it was ruined by some spilt food that wasn't cleaned properly. I've been wanting to replace it.

The final items I remember from childhood are VHS tapes of some of the show's episodes that I watched frequently. I distinctly remember Fugitive Flowers and The Revolt of Paradise Estate. I mainly watched them for the credits; I loved the music and the scenes from the first special, and I liked the drawing and character design better. I wanted to know more about it, and find more ponies, but didn't know how when I was so young and they weren't being made.

When I was a little older, about 11-13, a kid I knew had older G1s, and I played with them all of the time. I managed to find some of my family's old toys, but I think I only found Wigwam and three PVC Care Bears. But after revisiting them, I wanted to learn more and find more. Luckily, the internet was more accessible by this time, so I was able to start learning, and using eBay with my mom's help. Dream Valley became my favourite site to visit, I was able to see the first special on Youtube, I was able to start collecting from eBay, and I have been slowly building my collection since. Discovering regional exclusives and nirvanas was pivotal for me, and they have become somewhat of a fixation for me.

And now here I am!
 :yippee:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal