collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: a problem with an arena member please i need your help  (Read 6698 times)

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: a problem with an arena member please i need your help
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2013, 05:11:57 PM »
If the tracking said the package was in my country somewhere you bet I'd be at the post office raising h*** with my tracking number.
Buyer: have you contacted your post office at all?

I feel like everything is still very unsettled so I think the negative was really premature.
I know how frustrating this can be but after reading this I feel that Snow did everything in her power to locate this pony. Now that it's in your country the rest maybe up to you.

I wish everyone luck in sorting this out for a happy ending on both sides.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »
You can send a payment as a gift and still have fees when you send to a country with a different currency than yours.  When you do this, there should be a box to tick giving the sender the option to pay the conversion fee.  If this box isn't ticked, the receiver will pay the fees.  I think that's what happened here.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2013, 05:43:56 PM »
Thank you for everyone's opinion on the matter. But I am having a hard time reading through the long posts. Sorry  :huh:  It is truly making it hard.

The issue lies between Snow and in.sep.love.birds. I believe at this point a Mod needs to be contacted concerning your issues. Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:37:12 PM by ponylady »
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline insep.lovebirds

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2013, 01:20:07 AM »
I can understand the position of Silversnow, but she's responsible too i think, even if she's an "intermediary" because she sell the pony to me. I'm not saying, she's disonnest but she has to be in my position too.

As i said, i had no money in my paypal balance when i send money as "gift", that's why she had fees, but the problem is not here anymore : the parcel is lost. I posted claim in my country and they didn't find anything beacuse it's the responsability of the sender.

So what can we do now ?

I was very patient but now it's enough.

I pay for a pony that i didn't have. The post office is guilty ok but i think that a refund (partial or not) will be fair, it will be good faith.

i\'m looking for french hybrid ponies, please pm if you have one for sale !visitors can't see pics , please register or login

]visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2013, 01:57:15 AM »
Everything else aside, I'm burningly curious what pony's worth 400 euros!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2013, 06:54:52 AM »
Everything else aside, I'm burningly curious what pony's worth 400 euros!

Nirvana most likely but I am guessing.

As i said, i had no money in my paypal balance when i send money as "gift", that's why she had fees, but the problem is not here anymore : the parcel is lost.

I don't understand what you mean.  I make paypal payments all the time and I never have money in my paypal account and they are not considered gifts just because there is no money in my account.  Gift is an option you have to pick before its sent as a gift.  Just because you are making payments with no money in your account doesn't mean its a gift.  I am confused.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2013, 07:20:25 AM »
I agree. Do you mean it was taken direct from your bank? (An E-cheque?) If so that is NOT a gift option, and you would have had to select send as gift. If you didn't select send as gift andyyou sent payment direct from your bank, then you can contact your bank to request helpwith the matter x

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2013, 07:31:18 AM »
I think what she means is that she indeed sent the payment as a gift. If you send the payment as a gift without having money in your account, paypal will charge you a fee to get the money from another source like a credit card. It gives you the choice of either having YOU charged the fee or the one you are giving to charged the fee.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2013, 07:48:22 AM »
I think the issue with Paypal fees has something to do with the country of the buyer and/or seller. Paypal does not work the same for accounts set up in every country. Many of the comments are from people who are used to US Paypal accounts, so your advice may not help someone with an account based in France or Spain.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2013, 07:48:50 AM »
I sent it tracked, signed for. I was not asked to ensure this pony at the price she was. That's why I get a refund from the post office of 40 something, and not more.

Snow where you asked to undervalue the pony on the customs form? Or did you undervalue it on your own to help her avoid customs fee's?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2013, 07:54:24 AM »
I think the issue with Paypal fees has something to do with the country of the buyer and/or seller. Paypal does not work the same for accounts set up in every country. Many of the comments are from people who are used to US Paypal accounts, so your advice may not help someone with an account based in France or Spain.

Ohhhhh I had no idea that paypal changed depending on the country.  But, that makes sense as that country may have certain laws about how money is handled that we do not have.

I sent it tracked, signed for. I was not asked to ensure this pony at the price she was. That's why I get a refund from the post office of 40 something, and not more.

Snow where you asked to undervalue the pony on the customs form? Or did you undervalue it on your own to help her avoid customs fee's?

This is what I was wondering too.   

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2013, 08:04:50 AM »
There shouldn't have been any need for a customs form, as both countries are within the EU and therefore customs does not apply. However, was insurance requested at any point on the package? If there was no insurance and the parcel has gone missing, there is not a lot the seller can do, other than the standard refund from the Spain postal service.

I can say that on my paypal account, I only have a credit card set up on it. When I send as gift, I have the option to pay the fees myself or let the recipient pay them. If that is what happened and the option to pay the fees oneself was not selected, that is likely to be how it was sent as a gift but still with the fees for the recipient. Since it was paid in installments over a period of time anyway, the use of the gift option is something of a moot point.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2013, 08:20:49 AM »
Yea the whole insurance thing to me is key here. This was a really expensive purchase and it was insured at 10% its value. Like Pony Lady asked...why it was undervalued...that goes for insurance even if customs forms were not used?  I only brought up customs forms because I didn't realize where everything was coming from and going to and I know that when you send a package with insurance/customs its best to declare the full value on either one where the forms apply.  So in this case the issue is the insurance form. Why was the full value not declared on the insurance form?

If there was no insurance and the parcel has gone missing, there is not a lot the seller can do

I just kind of disagree in only one way and that is...why would it not have been insured? If the seller asked and it was not insured at request by the buyer then I agree with you.  But, we don't know that happened here.  It could be that the buyer was not offered insurance in which case the seller didn't ask the buyer and under insured a valuable item.  I mean there is just no way to know what happened here as they have not said.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:42:18 AM by tulagirl »

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2013, 08:24:56 AM »
Well, was insurance purchased? If not, the Spanish post office probably has a max amount they cover with the purchase of the express service. That was probably the amount they gave her.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2013, 08:29:14 AM »
Well, was insurance purchased? If not, the Spanish post office probably has a max amount they cover with the purchase of the express service. That was probably the amount they gave her.

This is what the seller has said.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal