collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141712 times)

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #1155 on: April 04, 2018, 06:20:24 AM »
I wondered if that was the case Lady Moondancer.

Value Added Tax (VAT) can be different in each European country, for each nation it depends on what percentage the national government has decided upon (it's 20% for most VAT-rated things in UK at present). Retail shelf prices in stores usually include the tax.
Actually it is all about taxes. I know that the main issue here in Europe with foreign good is the VAY they paid for getting it. In the EU it is up de 21% in most countries because it isn’t a first necessity good. Whilst in non EU countries that same product would be at 4% or 7% if it is considered luxury (like l have seen in Switzerland). This is why we have customs taxes. It is unfair but it is probably why they get more expensive in Europe than in the US.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 04, 2018, 09:10:34 AM »
I totally don't blame any company for not wanting to sell through Walmart. If you don't accept their terrible offer, you don't do business. No negotiations.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 04, 2018, 10:08:39 AM »
I totally don't blame any company for not wanting to sell through Walmart. If you don't accept their terrible offer, you don't do business. No negotiations.

It still kinda sucks for them that only a bookstore has them over there. It would be like something only being at Barnes and Noble. The Shibajuku Minis were at B&N first and they were $15 for a doll with a $10 MSRP and they only had like 4 out of the case. Meanwhile TRU got the whole case in and actually charged MSRP.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 04, 2018, 10:51:08 AM »
Chapters Indigo's exclusivity is a lot like TRU's Exclusives used to be.  You can only get the product from them, unless you want to pay crazy mark-up from a reseller.  Most important being, in Canada there is really no competition (which is either a bad thing or a good thing, depends). 

I don't mind their mark-up because the Rewards program is so flexible and robust.  Rewards points are earned on almost anything, you CAN redeem them on anything you want like LEGO or American Girl, they are very clear about the few exceptions, you can earn points by shopping, rating recommended books, AND writing reviews, not to mention promotions like 10x or 20x Rewards points on purchases, and.... Rewards points NEVER EVER expire!  The program is free to join.  Plus Chapters Indigo has twice-annual sales of 20-25% off AG and LEGO (which no other retailer really offers) with little restrictions on which items are eligible.

I also have been checking the website about once a week to see if they have popped up yet.  ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1159 on: April 04, 2018, 12:47:47 PM »
I wonder what these stores make of all these weird folk in different countries pottering into stores to peer at the pony shelf on a regular basis...

I think at least Canada knows which store it's likely to appear in. They haven't been able to narrow it down for us in Europe at all, so each country it could be any store...at any time between now and presumably summer...

Which absolutely doesn't narrow it down at all -_-
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 04, 2018, 03:12:29 PM »
Chapters Indigo's exclusivity is a lot like TRU's Exclusives used to be.  You can only get the product from them, unless you want to pay crazy mark-up from a reseller.  Most important being, in Canada there is really no competition (which is either a bad thing or a good thing, depends). 

I don't mind their mark-up because the Rewards program is so flexible and robust.  Rewards points are earned on almost anything, you CAN redeem them on anything you want like LEGO or American Girl, they are very clear about the few exceptions, you can earn points by shopping, rating recommended books, AND writing reviews, not to mention promotions like 10x or 20x Rewards points on purchases, and.... Rewards points NEVER EVER expire!  The program is free to join.  Plus Chapters Indigo has twice-annual sales of 20-25% off AG and LEGO (which no other retailer really offers) with little restrictions on which items are eligible.

I also have been checking the website about once a week to see if they have popped up yet.  ;)

Do you have the Plum rewards?? I used to have the other one (I forget the name) but now I have Plum and have literally never earned a reward. I often wonder why I bother with it but perhaps I’m doing something wrong. I definitely am worried about the Chapters markup / availability!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 04, 2018, 03:52:37 PM »

Do you have the Plum rewards?? I used to have the other one (I forget the name) but now I have Plum and have literally never earned a reward. I often wonder why I bother with it but perhaps I’m doing something wrong. I definitely am worried about the Chapters markup / availability!

Yes I am talking Plum rewards.  The other rewards program they offer, well, it does cost like $30 and it does save money on only books, IF you somehow spend $300 over the course of the year. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 04, 2018, 11:40:48 PM »
I wonder what these stores make of all these weird folk in different countries pottering into stores to peer at the pony shelf on a regular basis...

I think at least Canada knows which store it's likely to appear in. They haven't been able to narrow it down for us in Europe at all, so each country it could be any store...at any time between now and presumably summer...

Which absolutely doesn't narrow it down at all -_-

It's definitely nice that we know where to look but like someone else mentioned, there's almost no competition here. We have Mastermind Toys which is more trendy, high end toys and very small. There is one Discovery Hut left, also a small store and mostly board games. Then there's Walmart and Superstore and both have teeny tiny toy sections. Superstore's entire toy section is 1 aisle so the selection is bad. Walmart has increased the size of their toy section recently but they don't have a great selection. Toys R Us would be the best choice but who knows what's happening with them right now.

I saw that!!! I guess that’s actually part of my disappointment too - it’s Chapters - it’s a book store that has a small retro section nestled in amongst other expensive toys. I just really felt it would be better-suited to a Walmart or Toys R Us. You don’t feel a bit ...ugh? Over the situation? Of course there’s always Chapters/Indigo online where we may have better luck getting them.

I would much rather Toys R Us carrying them but I'm extremely happy that we are getting them at all so I'm not going to complain. As someone that had to get all my Strawberry Shortcake dolls from the US because they are not here in ANY store, which also means I'm paying in USD and adding shipping. So I'm hoping that they won't be too hard to get.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1163 on: April 06, 2018, 10:25:21 AM »
I found Starshine on JouéClub's website . . . I think the text says if you buy two ponies you get 50% off the 2nd one.  So if anyone is in France, or near it, this might be a good time to buy ponies.  Looks like the offer lasts from April 5th to May 15th:

https://www.joueclub.fr/fichiers/Offre-de-remboursement/Asmokids/Du-05-avril-au-15-mai-2018/ASMOKIDS-MON-PETIT-PONEY.pdf

If anyone finds the other please post the link.  So far I have only been able to find Starshine:

https://www.joueclub.fr/jeux-et-jouets/asmokids/mon-petit-poney/12063947.aspx
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 06, 2018, 10:29:29 AM »
It's interesting that the dates of that offer and the pony entry for Starshine herself don't match up...

I do wonder whether that's the official release date though. We were told April, so maybe end April is the time we're going to see them spread out more across Europe.

I think the offer has something to do with a loyalty card and points but I can't be sure.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 06, 2018, 10:31:42 AM »
I found Starshine on JouéClub's website . . . I think the text says if you buy two ponies you get 50% off the 2nd one.  So if anyone is in France, or near it, this might be a good time to buy ponies.  Looks like the offer lasts from April 5th to May 15th:

https://www.joueclub.fr/fichiers/Offre-de-remboursement/Asmokids/Du-05-avril-au-15-mai-2018/ASMOKIDS-MON-PETIT-PONEY.pdf

If anyone finds the other please post the link.  So far I have only been able to find Starshine:

https://www.joueclub.fr/jeux-et-jouets/asmokids/mon-petit-poney/12063947.aspx

Jouéclub did not sell ponies individually. In fact, they said that if you bought one pony, it would be randomly choose & sent to you. Some people I know tryied to order 6 and luckyly had the whole assortiment sent to their (in fact, they got the factory box). But we suspect that at a certain point they will fill open boxes with loose ponies and it will became a lottery.
Also, the reduction coupon is right, but not all the Jouéclub have got the ponies in real store, saddly it's slow and not well organized/informed.

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1166 on: April 06, 2018, 10:36:26 AM »
Ohhhh, interesting.

So I ran the page through a translation app and sure enough:

"Attention: This product part of an assortment of several models, it is impossible to us to deliver you a model or a definite colour. By ordering this article, you agree therefore to receive a model according to our available supply."

So basically this isn't the advertisement for Starshine specifically, but for the entire set.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 06, 2018, 10:37:16 AM »
The Starshine page does say that it will be one supplied and that they can't guarantee which one. Rather like Argos in that respect here, although Argos tend to let you choose if you are very nice to them.

ColdRuru, am I right in thinking that page suggests a release date of April 27th? That may explain why they are not in stores yet everywhere, though it doesn't explain the offer...

I am remembering that Swedish (?) site originally said April...so that seems to make sense.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 06, 2018, 10:45:35 AM »
Quote from: Taffeta
ColdRuru, am I right in thinking that page suggests a release date of April 27th? That may explain why they are not in stores yet everywhere, though it doesn't explain the offer...

At this point, most of French collector I know have found their Rainbow ponies in stores. So they are already on shelves, but yes, it depend on wich store, because there are places in France that are not well supplied (like mine, who's poor in ponies and always super duper late on the releases). Also, each store only get ONE set of 6 ponies. So maybe it will be more stock by april 27th? We'll see!
Also the offer exist, but is not available yet, we spoke of it on our french forum.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:47:18 AM by ColdRuru »

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 06, 2018, 05:27:15 PM »
Was anyone in the US able to get the ponies from the Joueclub - French site?

I was able to register- but when it comes to enter a "delivery" address-  the only country you can pick is France... :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal