collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141676 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #1140 on: April 01, 2018, 08:03:52 AM »
I wondered if that was the case Lady Moondancer.

Value Added Tax (VAT) can be different in each European country, for each nation it depends on what percentage the national government has decided upon (it's 20% for most VAT-rated things in UK at present). Retail shelf prices in stores usually include the tax.

This is true. Certainly it's the practice in the UK that everything is priced on shelf exactly what you will pay at till. You may have to pay for a carrier bag though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 01, 2018, 08:15:54 AM »

Value Added Tax (VAT) can be different in each European country, for each nation it depends on what percentage the national government has decided upon (it's 20% for most VAT-rated things in UK at present). Retail shelf prices in stores usually include the tax.

This is true. Certainly it's the practice in the UK that everything is priced on shelf exactly what you will pay at till. You may have to pay for a carrier bag though.

I'm curious, are you allowed to bring your own reusable bags? We do that in grocery stores now and I'm hoping we eventually do that at places like Target and Walmart as well.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 01, 2018, 08:20:36 AM »

I'm curious, are you allowed to bring your own reusable bags? We do that in grocery stores now and I'm hoping we eventually do that at places like Target and Walmart as well.

Yes. To cut down on plastic bag wastage in the UK it became illegal some few years ago for stores to give bags for free. If you need a bag you can buy one for 5p or maybe a stronger reusable bag for 10 or 15p. And you are encouraged to reuse bags and bring your own carriers, even if they are from different stores. The only exception to these rules are if a store gives paper bags (like Primark do). You don't have to pay for them as they are essentially biodegradable and not plastic. A lot of stores who produce the reusable 'bag-for-life' type bags also use recycled plastic where they can.

For this reason I now go everywhere with a Sainsbury's bag in my coat pocket ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: April 01, 2018, 01:03:14 PM »
You get used to taking your own shopping bag or tote bag everywhere very very quickly. I have a little packaway one stashed in my handbag. My grandmother would have laughed - years ago everyone used their own shopping bags/baskets rather than rely on being given a store-provided one.

There are some absolutely fabulous artisan bags about - would never have thought I'd get tote-envy in a supermarket checkout queue :)

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: April 01, 2018, 03:53:43 PM »
You get used to taking your own shopping bag or tote bag everywhere very very quickly. I have a little packaway one stashed in my handbag. My grandmother would have laughed - years ago everyone used their own shopping bags/baskets rather than rely on being given a store-provided one.

There are some absolutely fabulous artisan bags about - would never have thought I'd get tote-envy in a supermarket checkout queue :)

Was a good excuse for me to hit Redbubble for a classy pony tote actually ;)

And you quickly get over the potential embarrassment of having another store's bag, because ultimately they only care that you're spending money at their store ;)

Back on topic. We did a sweep of stores near my parents' home yesterday but no Rainbows. However did see some of the other stuff this company have recently been pushing, so hoping that's a good sign.

Does anyone know if these are in Belgium at all yet? Question coming from sister who is going there with her boyfriend and his family at the end of the month. Apparently she won't have much time to shop in France but may have some in Belgium...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: April 01, 2018, 05:28:15 PM »

For example, sales tax in Washington state is about 8% statewide, but ~10% in Seattle. So a "$10" pony actually costs about $11 for me.  Meanwhile Oregon, one state down, doesn't have a sales tax (but they do have a state income tax, which Washington state does not).  So our 'cheap' prices are not necessarily as cheap as they seem.

Also keep in mind that in the US an ambulance ride will cost ~$600 minimum, having a baby in a hospital costs about ~$3500, etc.  So we may be saving more on the front-end . . . but that doesn't mean we end up saving that money in the long-run.  Pay now or pay later, as they say.
Jealous, here in California we have both types of tax that our northern neighbor states have.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: April 01, 2018, 06:31:34 PM »
No, US shelf prices don't include sales tax.  Sales tax is added on at the register.  Sales tax also varies between states, and sometimes even between counties or cities in a state.  (Which might be the same in Europe too?  I don't know.)

For example, sales tax in Washington state is about 8% statewide, but ~10% in Seattle. So a "$10" pony actually costs about $11 for me.  Meanwhile Oregon, one state down, doesn't have a sales tax (but they do have a state income tax, which Washington state does not).  So our 'cheap' prices are not necessarily as cheap as they seem.

Also keep in mind that in the US an ambulance ride will cost ~$600 minimum, having a baby in a hospital costs about ~$3500, etc.  So we may be saving more on the front-end . . . but that doesn't mean we end up saving that money in the long-run.  Pay now or pay later, as they say.

pony prices seem like rocket science sometimes
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: April 02, 2018, 04:22:51 PM »

Yes. To cut down on plastic bag wastage in the UK it became illegal some few years ago for stores to give bags for free. If you need a bag you can buy one for 5p or maybe a stronger reusable bag for 10 or 15p. And you are encouraged to reuse bags and bring your own carriers, even if they are from different stores. The only exception to these rules are if a store gives paper bags (like Primark do). You don't have to pay for them as they are essentially biodegradable and not plastic. A lot of stores who produce the reusable 'bag-for-life' type bags also use recycled plastic where they can.

That is true for many Counties in the US as well-  Seattle for one.  I have to say that it has had a dramatic and noticeable impact- within a year of the plastic bag ban, the number of plastic bags floating in the Puget Sound or caught up in fences and trees has gone dramatically down- 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: April 02, 2018, 05:28:45 PM »

That is true for many Counties in the US as well-  Seattle for one.  I have to say that it has had a dramatic and noticeable impact- within a year of the plastic bag ban, the number of plastic bags floating in the Puget Sound or caught up in fences and trees has gone dramatically down-

That's good!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: April 02, 2018, 07:06:29 PM »
In several cities in my area, plastic grocery bags are outlawed so everything has to come in a paper bag unless you buy a reusable plastic/etc. bag.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: April 03, 2018, 03:33:49 AM »
I got all the Rainbow ones today!

Will wrote a full review on my collection topic (pony brag arena) :happy:

Oh WOW!!  :frolic: :newpony:
I feel envy (but good envy,hehe )! Hopefully distribute them soon elsewhere, I want to buy them!

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #1151 on: April 03, 2018, 10:46:00 AM »
Oh, they look so lovely (the rainbow ones). Rainbows are kind of my thing. I hope we do get them in the states.

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: April 03, 2018, 05:44:24 PM »
I don’t want to be negative over such a joyous subject - but any other Canadians feeling a bit bitter right now??? I do and I don’t like the feeling to be honest. Feeling left right out though!!!!!!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: April 03, 2018, 10:55:44 PM »
I don’t want to be negative over such a joyous subject - but any other Canadians feeling a bit bitter right now??? I do and I don’t like the feeling to be honest. Feeling left right out though!!!!!!

They're supposed to be coming to Indigo stores so don't lose hope. I have no idea when but I check weekly.

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: April 04, 2018, 04:36:18 AM »
I saw that!!! I guess that’s actually part of my disappointment too - it’s Chapters - it’s a book store that has a small retro section nestled in amongst other expensive toys. I just really felt it would be better-suited to a Walmart or Toys R Us. You don’t feel a bit ...ugh? Over the situation? Of course there’s always Chapters/Indigo online where we may have better luck getting them.
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal