collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141715 times)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #780 on: February 01, 2018, 01:49:34 AM »
I am sure it is just me, but I wish that they would start distributing already.

I felt it while writing it... people often mix UK / EUR.

They do, no idea why O.o. You'd think it's be the other way around...though I guess it is confusing because the UK is in Europe and yet we tend to refer to the UK and Europe...and yeah ;) Geography huh O.O.

In any case, Europe appears to mean Europe in this case but we haven't had a specific confirmation list of countries...

And I feel you as well: some people seem to assume that because the country is called South AFRICA, it is the lowest part of one very large country i.e.: Africa. Really, they should have thought that through when they named the country. It is a different country to all the other, different, African countries. But there you are.

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #781 on: February 01, 2018, 05:49:38 AM »
Went to my Target yesterday and they had restocked them and there was another complete set. I did not pick them up, but if they are restocking them this fast (I just wiped them out getting my own set and a few extras the week before) folks should be able to pick them up pretty soon :)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 02, 2018, 01:30:00 PM »
Yaaaay  :newpony: CC-35 has flown over the pond and is now perched, still in her box, in my kid's room, among her other ponies!

Welcome to merry England, Cotton Candy!  :welcome:

Wow, the retro artwork on the box is so pretty  :inlove: ah, the memories are flooding back to when I received my first-ever CC and would carefully slide her back in her plastic bubble packaging at the end of the day to keep her safe, reading and re-reading the little story at the back  :lol:

If they do actually release these here in the UK, I may buy another to de-box  :whistle:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #783 on: February 02, 2018, 04:41:40 PM »
Yaaaay  :newpony: CC-35 has flown over the pond and is now perched, still in her box, in my kid's room, among her other ponies!

Welcome to merry England, Cotton Candy!  :welcome:

Wow, the retro artwork on the box is so pretty  :inlove: ah, the memories are flooding back to when I received my first-ever CC and would carefully slide her back in her plastic bubble packaging at the end of the day to keep her safe, reading and re-reading the little story at the back  :lol:

If they do actually release these here in the UK, I may buy another to de-box  :whistle:

Glitterball, where did your original Cotton Candy come from? She didn't have a backcard story in the UK release...

I am still resistant to paying the customs charges and import on something that should be on our shelves by rights, to be honest. But it's nice to know that the quality is good. I would buy Minty and Snuzzle if they appeared here, but I'd rather buy them here if they're sold here so they know there's a market here. I guess I'm gambling on missing out, but I'll take that gamble for now...and hope for the best.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 02, 2018, 09:42:43 PM »
Taffeta -

my Dad bought her for me from *somewhere* in the UK - I may be getting mixed up with later pony back cards - but I deffo remember re-reading over + over what ever simple text there was! You know, it may just have been the bit about how to plait her tail, but anyway, the artwork was so charming  :lol: I recall something about munching another pony's flowers but, again, I could be getting mixed up over stories found on later pony back cards...

I was very lucky in that I didn't have to worry about shipping as a colleague from hubby's work was doing a US/UK trip so popped my goodies in his luggage  :P

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #785 on: February 02, 2018, 10:05:31 PM »
Ah, lucky!! But wait!! She snuck through immigration??!!

I am being the geek again but sounds like maybe you had an import. Definitely possible in the early eighties. Cool.

Sorry for the diversion. Back to retros now;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #786 on: February 02, 2018, 10:10:42 PM »
I don't know about other countries, but in the US (in Year 2) Cotton Candy's backcard was about how she ate Blossom's flowers and had to go on the run and hang out on the mountain eating wild flowers until Blossom calmed down.  :P  Sounds like maybe that's the backcard you had!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 02, 2018, 10:53:33 PM »
Hehe I wish I could find the old CC back card to clarify, but it was lost (a.k.a. parents threw it out) many years ago  :(

Yep, so lucky to get CC-35 brought over in the luggage - eek, is she now classed as an illegal immigrant?  :shocked:  ;)

I am really hoping that these will be sold in the UK as the retro packaging is a delight that *must* be shared!!  :heart: :heart:

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 03, 2018, 12:09:23 PM »
I checked two Targets today and neither one had the 35th anniversary ponies out  on the shelf although the tags for them were there.  I only need Blossom to complete my set.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 03, 2018, 12:35:03 PM »
I checked two Targets today and neither one had the 35th anniversary ponies out  on the shelf although the tags for them were there.  I only need Blossom to complete my set.

Ponyfan
I have 3 of the retros left I'm selling at 15 each plus shipping pretty sure blossom is among them if you are interested pm me and I'll check

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #790 on: February 03, 2018, 12:44:03 PM »
mine restocked again, and i went to pick them up for another collector.. and 3 of the 4 that were left on the shelf were majorly flawed. Severe head and body mismatch on the 3.. and one of the boxes was smashed up. Had to leave them behind. Has anyone else has this happen? I was expecting to atleast find a good Blossom.. and seems like it's not possible in my area.

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 03, 2018, 12:54:19 PM »
I went to my local Target yesterday to get some other things, but I thought I'd check to see if they'd restocked the 35th anniversary ponies and... nothing. I couldn't even find the tag on the shelf for them. They no longer have the retro toys and games endcap, either. All I found was a lone Teddy Ruxpin on an endcap by himself.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 04, 2018, 07:44:12 PM »
I went to my local Target yesterday to get some other things, but I thought I'd check to see if they'd restocked the 35th anniversary ponies and... nothing. I couldn't even find the tag on the shelf for them. They no longer have the retro toys and games endcap, either. All I found was a lone Teddy Ruxpin on an endcap by himself.
I hope they aren't phasing them out. :huh:

mine restocked again, and i went to pick them up for another collector.. and 3 of the 4 that were left on the shelf were majorly flawed. Severe head and body mismatch on the 3.. and one of the boxes was smashed up. Had to leave them behind. Has anyone else has this happen? I was expecting to atleast find a good Blossom.. and seems like it's not possible in my area.
I noticed head/body discoloration on one Blossom I saw (I haven't seen many of her) and a Snuzzle with a slightly smooshed box. I was tempted to buy Snuzzle because I could debox her without a qualm and look at her sticker and poster freely :) I didn't, though. (I'm not against deboxing these guys, but I really like how they look with their pretty packaging.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:27:57 AM by Haruna »

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 05, 2018, 08:39:30 AM »
My local Target has restocked for a 3rd time

I noticed on one of the Mintys I got there was a slight head and body mismatch, I returned her and someone else purchased. However I haven't seen any major issues with the ponies or boxes between several Targets i go to and the restocks. I'll take a closer look next time

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 14, 2018, 07:43:32 AM »
Wow!  My Target has gotten in two more sets at the same time!  So they have had four so far.  If they keep coming out with so many hopefully everyone who's a collector will be able to get one.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal