collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141718 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #705 on: January 25, 2018, 08:10:02 AM »
$10 each for the Collector ponies.  The Rainbow ponies haven't hit the stores yet, and may come out in Europe before other places.

W-w-wait what did I miss? New releases? Of rainbow ponies?? In EUROPE???

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #706 on: January 25, 2018, 08:30:05 AM »
$10 each for the Collector ponies.  The Rainbow ponies haven't hit the stores yet, and may come out in Europe before other places.

@Dreamer, check this: http://mlpretro.basicfun.com

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 25, 2018, 08:34:27 AM »
The non pony community is also excited about these. I just checked another board for a completely different toy line someone had posted how excited
 they were to see ponies they had in their childhood. :)

Ponyfan
Aww, that's awesome  ^.^ I got kind of excited seeing the two I found yesterday. The nostalgia is real, ha ha. They're in really pretty packaging. I don't know whether to open them, it's so pretty, but I want to see the stickers and poster.

By the way, my offer still stands -- I'm probably going to another Target after work today, so if anyone wants me to pick up a particular pony I can and you can just pay me back what I paid plus shipping to you.

I felt the nostalgia too, even though my only childhood Original 6 Pony was Cotton Candy. :)  It was exciting to seem them being discussed on a board that usually never mentions other toys.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 25, 2018, 08:35:21 AM »

I'm checking and reading through the topic, this is like a dream come true!!  :hearts: I'll make sure to contact The Bridge Direct for some questions and pony requests! By the way, do they make those retro Care Bears too, or are those from a different company?

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 25, 2018, 08:41:28 AM »

I'm checking and reading through the topic, this is like a dream come true!!  :hearts: I'll make sure to contact The Bridge Direct for some questions and pony requests! By the way, do they make those retro Care Bears too, or are those from a different company?

I think they are the same company, but let me check. Nopes! It's not he same company. The Care Bears are made by the company Just Play: https://justplayproducts.com/search/care+bears

BTW, are you aware of the petition we are doing to Basic Fun about the Celestial / Fancy Swirl ponies?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:44:15 AM by LadyPinwheel »

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 25, 2018, 08:48:49 AM »

I think they are the same company, but let me check. Nopes! It's not he same company. The Care Bears are made by the company Just Play: https://justplayproducts.com/search/care+bears

BTW, are you aware of the petition we are doing to Basic Fun about the Celestial / Fancy Swirl ponies?

Yes! I'm still thinking about what to write (it doesn't hurt to ask for boy ponies, right?  :biggrin:), but count me in!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 25, 2018, 09:14:54 AM »
The non pony community is also excited about these. I just checked another board for a completely different toy line someone had posted how excited
 they were to see ponies they had in their childhood. :)

Ponyfan

That's wonderful!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 25, 2018, 09:44:41 AM »
Wait. Was I supposed to send an email to bridge direct or the other place?

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 25, 2018, 10:23:30 AM »

Uh, by the way, that company is the one making the new Care Bears toys (which happen to be quite similar to the old ones... Hasbro could learn from this). They are really nice, but I'm talking about the reproductions, like that Share Bear plushie with the milkshake symbol.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 25, 2018, 10:25:22 AM »

Uh, by the way, that company is the one making the new Care Bears toys (which happen to be quite similar to the old ones... Hasbro could learn from this). They are really nice, but I'm talking about the reproductions, like that Share Bear plushie with the milkshake symbol.

The Bridge Direct

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 25, 2018, 10:55:25 AM »

The Bridge Direct

Or Basic Fun, it's the branch of Bridge Direct who is doing the ponies ^^

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 25, 2018, 11:09:03 AM »
That gift set rainbow pony box has no French on it like the rest of individual ones do. I wonder if they're just going to release a set for the US or something?

Does that mean Sunlight is going to be in deficit over here? Aaaaaaaa no why this is even worse than us getting none of them

Scented... eh. They're going to discolor, but at least we have the originals/25th anniversary set to fall back on.

And you know what I desperately hope we get? 2nd year rainbows! It'd be awesome having a Confetti that's actually white and in the correct pose  :biggrin:
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #717 on: January 25, 2018, 11:14:46 AM »
That gift set rainbow pony box has no French on it like the rest of individual ones do. I wonder if they're just going to release a set for the US or something?

Does that mean Sunlight is going to be in deficit over here? Aaaaaaaa no why this is even worse than us getting none of them

Scented... eh. They're going to discolor, but at least we have the originals/25th anniversary set to fall back on.

And you know what I desperately hope we get? 2nd year rainbows! It'd be awesome having a Confetti that's actually white and in the correct pose  :biggrin:

As I said before, the set of rainbows is being advertised on the Swedish site, not a US site, and Sweden generally get English packaging. So don't start assuming you're getting Rainbow Ponies; keep telling the Bridge Direct you WANT rainbow ponies :P

Although I have to say that if the US got an incomplete set compared to Europe it would be ironic, considering how often that's been the other way around...

I would love to see the second set Rainbows here in the UK at all in any shape or form, to be honest, as we never had them. I actually already asked Bridge Direct about the possibility of more Rainbows and they said they'd pass my comments on.

Not sure what Confetti's 'proper' pose is. Shy pose or walking pose? Both are fine...?

Also, about scented discolouring - is that a climate related thing? I don't think I have a single scented pony that's discoloured o.O. I mean, I have three Cherry Treats (my childhood one, one with the UK card and one from the US) and they're all still really very white. I've had ponies discoloured from smoke before, but I've yet to have one discoloured because it was perfumed o.o.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #718 on: January 25, 2018, 11:18:06 AM »
I don't think scents necessarily discolor ponies, as I've had Candy Cane ponies and other scented ponies who are just fine.  Cherry Treats discolors, but is it because she's scented or just because of her body color?  Like, Gingerbread and Starshine also get "sun burns" and they aren't scented.  (Also I have a Cherry Treat who is very very white . . . I think it's because she was never in the sun.)

I didn't realize that the UK didn't get the 2nd set of Rainbows (except Confetti).  Wow, they really liked taunting you guys with those comic ponies, huh?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #719 on: January 25, 2018, 11:23:24 AM »
I don't think scents necessarily discolor ponies, as I've had Candy Cane ponies and other scented ponies who are just fine.  Cherry Treats discolors, but is it because she's scented or just because of her body color?  Like, Gingerbread and Starshine also get "sun burns" and they aren't scented.  (Also I have a Cherry Treat who is very very white . . . I think it's because she was never in the sun.)

I didn't realize that the UK didn't get the 2nd set of Rainbows (except Confetti).  Wow, they really liked taunting you guys with those comic ponies, huh?

Yes. As someone who has a lot of the comics you will know exactly to what extent they pushed these characters. Most of the ponies in the early comics weren;t ever actually sold here although some do exist on UK cards to just rub it in more. Mostly appearing in Scandinavia and Australia, etc.

We had no year 2 or 3 unicorns or pegasus ponies. No year 3 rainbows except Wedding confetti. No baby unicorns or pegasus ponies until Baby Heart Throb and Baby Ribbon/Gusty.

And no Ribbon, Lofty, Paradise, either. Oh yeah. No Sea Mist etc either - though I don't think they were much in the comic, four of them are in the Fact File O.o.

We got really really really screwed over. So yeah. ANY of those coming to the UK would be amazing :/ I'd still trade most of the UK exclusive ponies from later years to have had those early sets you guys had just as normal in stores.

My childhood Cherry Treats probably never had much interaction with sun, I mean, Britain isn't known for lots and lots of sun although we do get some...but the one from the US...I can't speak for her history but yeah, no discolouration. I think it might be more to do with the plastic. Especially white Hong Kong ponies. Starshine, Quackers, Gingerbread - all good candidates there :/ (We didn't get Quackers either, by the way. Just saying >.> ;))
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal