collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141642 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #495 on: January 18, 2018, 07:18:41 AM »
Wait, so the only place the parlour is confirmed for at the moment is Sweden? That's about as weird as it can get (although on balance, thinking about it, Sweden did get our share of ponies like Glory and Powder. -.- eyes at Sweden suspiciously).

:biggrin:

But to be fair, we never got any Twinkle Eyes or Flutter Ponies, so they had to throw us a bone.  ;)

The burning question I have is:  Does the Pretty Parlor come with Peachy???  Does anybody know?  If it doesn't I will literally cry.  If it does and someone can comferm this I will squeal and jump around and make my BF laugh at me.  Then if it comes to the US I will camp outside Target.  If it doesn't I will pay anything to import it.

I haven't seen it specified anywhere. She is shown in the picture, but that's clearly a photo of the original parlor from the '80s. So there's no guarantee she'll come with it. Looking at the listed prices, the Pretty Parlor is $31, while the single Rainbow Ponies are $22 each. That seems a bit cheap for the parlor if it also comes with a pony. I hope there's a pony included, if not Peachy they could put another one in there. Perhaps one that would be very coveted by collectors, to motivate us to get the parlor.

Hoping the Sunlight in the picture is a prototype and that it will be fixed in time for release. I think it would be nice if they switched the colors of her symbol though, to have a golden sun with silver clouds instead of the reverse. I'm fairly certain that was an error on the original pony.

Why are the rainbow ponies 22 bucks? I'm not paying that much when 2 of them are screwed up and I can get most of them for less then 10.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 18, 2018, 07:26:53 AM »
They're releasing Cotton Candy with Peachy's Parlor? Why?
I think they just put Cotton Candy's name tag in. It would make sense for them to not just produce Peachy's tag but the other tags that originally came with the parlor too. At the photoshoot I guess they just plopped Peachy down and plucked a name card out of the pile. It does look like it's Peachy who is standing there though :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 18, 2018, 07:40:07 AM »
The Rainbow ponies are pretty except for Sunlight. I can't get over that strange green color and green cloud? I love that they come with stickers and ribbons.

To me Moonstone looks the most accurate but I'm sad to see that she doesn't have the red in her  mane and tail. Did the 25th anniversary Rainbow ponies not have read either.

I like Starshine but she seems a little brighter than the she should be. That being said I would still buy her and Moonstone at least. 

Okay, I like most of these, but Starshine and especially Sunlight look strange.

Sunlight's symbol looks like the sun is throwing up...;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I will think of that now everytime I see the prototype Sunlight.

In regards to the Pretty Parlor, I think it's interesting to note that the retro Strawberry Shortcake came with a doll.  Or at least, I feel certain I saw one packaged with it when I saw it in store.  I think it would be odd to try to sell the Pretty Parlor without Peachy if she originally came with it.  Especially since they already have the mold and everything.

The Berry Happy Home  that Bridge Direct did come with a Strawberry Shortcake doll.  :)  but unless I have my Strawberry Shortcake houses mized up it didn't look much like the original one.

I'm guessing that the Rainbow ponies will cost more due to more acessories being included and also that it takes more colors to make them.

If there's a Pretty Parlor could there also be a Dream Castle? :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #498 on: January 18, 2018, 07:43:29 AM »
Wait, so the only place the parlour is confirmed for at the moment is Sweden? That's about as weird as it can get (although on balance, thinking about it, Sweden did get our share of ponies like Glory and Powder. -.- eyes at Sweden suspiciously).

:biggrin:

But to be fair, we never got any Twinkle Eyes or Flutter Ponies, so they had to throw us a bone.  ;)

The burning question I have is:  Does the Pretty Parlor come with Peachy???  Does anybody know?  If it doesn't I will literally cry.  If it does and someone can comferm this I will squeal and jump around and make my BF laugh at me.  Then if it comes to the US I will camp outside Target.  If it doesn't I will pay anything to import it.

I haven't seen it specified anywhere. She is shown in the picture, but that's clearly a photo of the original parlor from the '80s. So there's no guarantee she'll come with it. Looking at the listed prices, the Pretty Parlor is $31, while the single Rainbow Ponies are $22 each. That seems a bit cheap for the parlor if it also comes with a pony. I hope there's a pony included, if not Peachy they could put another one in there. Perhaps one that would be very coveted by collectors, to motivate us to get the parlor.

Hoping the Sunlight in the picture is a prototype and that it will be fixed in time for release. I think it would be nice if they switched the colors of her symbol though, to have a golden sun with silver clouds instead of the reverse. I'm fairly certain that was an error on the original pony.

Why are the rainbow ponies 22 bucks? I'm not paying that much when 2 of them are screwed up and I can get most of them for less then 10.

Probably due to import fees or tariffs.  The same reason ponies in general (like G4) are more expensive in some countries.

They are likely to cost the same as the Collector ponies in the US ($9.99), as the Target DCPI for the Collector ponies is listed as a 'master' DCPI for retro MLP.  Meaning the Rainbow ponies will likely have the exact same DCPI as the Collector ponies.  And same DCPI means the same price.

They aren't releasing Cotton Candy with the Pretty Parlor; what people are commenting on is that Cotton Candy's name tag is in place in the prototype picture.  The Pretty Parlor came with name tags for the six Collector ponies, Lemon Drop, and Peachy in the US.

The tags pictured to the side are actually from one of the Euro Pretty Parlors, I can tell because they have name tags for Skydancer and Tootsie.

Is the Cotton Candy tag even there?  It kind of looks like it was photoshopped in.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:57:02 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 18, 2018, 07:52:36 AM »

That's the listed retail price in Sweden (converted to $US from SEK). Everything costs more here, so that definitely won't be the retail price for the US.

I think they just put Cotton Candy's name tag in. It would make sense for them to not just produce Peachy's tag but the other tags that originally came with the parlor too. At the photoshoot I guess they just plopped Peachy down and plucked a name card out of the pile. It does look like it's Peachy who is standing there though :)

I guess that's the second time a pony that is not Cotton Candy was called such in advertising for this retro line.  :lol:

Is the Cotton Candy tag even there?  It kind of looks like it was photoshopped in.  If it was photoshopped in, it probably means they'll use the US tags (and maybe just didn't have them on hand for the photoshoot.)

It really looks that way. I guess they mistook Peachy for Cotton Candy from the picture? That might be a hint that the parlor won't come with Peachy, and possibly not with any pony at all. But I sure hope that's not the case.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:58:22 AM by SpikeTheDragon »

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 18, 2018, 08:51:48 AM »
What is up with retro Sunlight's symbol? The new rainbow set looks fine otherwise, but the sheer margin of error for that symbol (it doesn't fit her colour scheme as well anymore...) irritates me greatly.

However I AM SO GRATEFUL. Now once again we can walk into a Target and finally be met, not with an endless onslaught of Mane 6 (or even Core 7) but with a perpetually shifting variety of accurate retro G1s! I have to speculate how young girls must be reacting to these in comparison to the current (mutant duck-like) G4.5s.
do you think Hasbro will get the hint that people buying these variety of g1 retros will also want variety of characters in g4.5?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #501 on: January 18, 2018, 09:33:27 AM »
I do hope that tons of little girls (and boys) love these ponies too . . . I am hopeful because G3 did very well, and they were very close to G1s in design.  :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 18, 2018, 09:38:18 AM »
At Lady Moondancer and SpiketheDragon. My mistake. I thought they were gonna be that much everywhere. ^^;

Poor Sunlight. I really hope that is just a prototype. I think little girls will love them. Toys are toys. Kids aren't gonna automatically turn up their nose just cuz a toy is done in an older style.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 18, 2018, 09:59:27 AM »
Congrats to Europe for getting the rainbow ponies first! I wonder what the third wave would be? Im so excited for all of them. First wave too, hopefully i can find them this weekend!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 18, 2018, 10:00:07 AM »
Targets are definitely getting more than one set.  Mine has already got another six in, just barely two weeks after I got the first set.  Should I buy them too and sell them on ebay, LOL?

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 18, 2018, 10:35:02 AM »
Well, even though there are some issues with the symbols on two, I still like them lol.  I guess I like the oddity of them both.  Weird though. I really hope Peachy is with the playset. I really want it if she is.  If she isn't then boo I don't need that.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 18, 2018, 10:38:21 AM »
Targets are definitely getting more than one set.  Mine has already got another six in, just barely two weeks after I got the first set.  Should I buy them too and sell them on ebay, LOL?

Good luck, they're not selling for that much because there are so many listed now. Plus, ebay takes ten percent of the total sale, and then Paypal takes about 3% of the total amount of money, including shipping, so unless they sell for a high amount, you're not really making more than a few bucks each. I think they were only really selling for a decent amount the second they hit shelves.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #507 on: January 18, 2018, 10:41:39 AM »

No. Because there are already enough people doing that. I mean, I am sure you'd sell them at a decent price, but when you see the fact people are buying these up to sell them online for $30 or $50 apiece...

Taking them out of shops to resell at a profit is taking them away from other people who might want to buy them and who might miss out completely if everyone just buys to resell. And we also want kids to see these and be able to buy them with their money, not just adult collectors desperate to fill the hole on their shelf.

Enough people are already doing that, so I would say no. While it's true that the more sales that happen, there might be an impetus to produce more, on the other hand, these should not be making more profit for collectors cheating each other by hiking up the prices over retail. They should be making profit for the manufacturers alone.

@LAW, oh, so you're fine about us paying $22? ;) (I'm kidding.)

Let's hope this is the beginning of something beautiful and not the end of something classic.

Why would anyone buy the Parlour without Peachy?

Although you could put Snuzzle in it. I mean, technically that's a release, albeit a weird one over here. Has it's own tags though. And box. And she has a puffy sticker (I think?). So it counts...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 18, 2018, 10:50:26 AM »
I was trying to be funny.  I wouldn't do anyone that way.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 18, 2018, 10:53:27 AM »
I am just really tired of some people buying everything up and selling it on ebay for higher prices.  It makes me mad because, I have been looking for these and can't find them.  We have a lot of ebay (clean the store shelves fast and resell) people in our city.  The stores have tried to limit them from cleaning the shelves of highly desired toys buy reducing the quantity they can buy, but it hasn't worked. I talked with a store manager that says all they do is bring several friends and clear the shelves in a matter of seconds.  To me, this is just so sad, but then I guess if you are poor, have no job and this is the only way you can feed your family who am I to judge.  Its just a little sad when I can't find these at all and I know they are probably all being bought up and resold. Uggg its just hard.  I feel taken advantage of.  I guess it is just the way I am looking at it.  This has always happened with toys even before ebay people would resell hot items for higher.  Price gouging is an issue with many things.  Through Christmas this issue was discussed on our local news. Popular toys being resold at high prices is frowned upon by the community as a whole.  Parents would have to dish out 50.00 for  a toy they wanted this year that was normally only 14.99.  So, if the news discussed it, I figure other people feel as I do about that.  Can't stop people though.  Oh and I know you didn't mean it this way Gator!! I am just talking as I have been frustrated with this issue over these ponies.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:57:14 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal