collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141699 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #375 on: January 14, 2018, 12:06:10 PM »
Aw no, sorry to hear that page doesn't work for you.

Here's their snail mail address:

The Bridge Direct
301 Yamato Rd.
Suite 2112
Boca Raton, FL 33431
USA

And their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheBridgeDirect/

Facebook has a messaging system, or people can post directly on their wall.  :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #376 on: January 14, 2018, 12:16:55 PM »
Aw no, sorry to hear that page doesn't work for you.

Here's their snail mail address:

The Bridge Direct
301 Yamato Rd.
Suite 2112
Boca Raton, FL 33431
USA

And their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheBridgeDirect/

Facebook has a messaging system, or people can post directly on their wall.  :)

Thanks LM. I will look at that. I need a break from trying to write about (ironically) Japanese horses (I said ironically) >.> and lesson plans. I do have Facebook, so I might try that later. It can't hurt..?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 14, 2018, 12:26:18 PM »
I cant get over how many sets of these ponies are on ebay now! Is everyone buying them to re sell them?

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 14, 2018, 12:31:44 PM »
I cant get over how many sets of these ponies are on ebay now! Is everyone buying them to re sell them?

If they sell, then I guess that's all Hasbro etc need to know. More worrying is the scalping. I mean, $15, fine, cover your fees  -but $30? Taking them out of stores and away from people who want them to make a profit? Morally wrong to me...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 14, 2018, 12:46:12 PM »

If they sell, then I guess that's all Hasbro etc need to know. More worrying is the scalping. I mean, $15, fine, cover your fees  -but $30? Taking them out of stores and away from people who want them to make a profit? Morally wrong to me...
I have seen them for 50$ which l find really a rip off. Some people really play on others hopes. This is why l insisted on telling everypony the news l got, l hate ppl taking advantage of others.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 14, 2018, 01:16:01 PM »
I'd suggest that UK / Euro collectors might want to contact The Bridge Direct and be like, "Hey, heads up, even though Glory, Firefly, etc weren't sold here, they were the main characters in this very popular comic for X number of years.  So please sell them here if you ever make them."

Because The Bridge Direct wouldn't have any way of knowing about the comic (let alone which ponies were in it), and their business depends on non-collecting but nostalgic adults buying their toys, not just collectors . . .

Their contact info is here:

http://www.thebridgedirect.com/contact.php

Thanks for the link to the site!  I think I put in a message to them correctly.  This is what I sent.  I'll let y'all know if I receive a response.

"Hi!  I just wanted to contact you to say how exciting it was to find retro My Little Pony in Target the other day!  The whole My Little Pony collecting community is excited about it.  I have just a few questions in regards to this.  Will they be available in stores other than Target?  Will additional ponies be released?

Finally, has the possibility been considered to engage the collecting community by making characters that have never been released?  Such as the "mystery" pony (white earth pony with rainbow hair) seen in the original My Little Pony special that was never made into a toy?

Thank you for your time.  I look forward to your response!"

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 14, 2018, 01:25:38 PM »
Oh man, if they made Miss Mystery I would literally move heaven and earth to get her. That'd be so cool.

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 14, 2018, 03:35:55 PM »
I just saw a post on instagram saying that Target stores are restocking the ponies! Great news for anyone who wants the full set but hasn't gotten it yet.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 14, 2018, 03:56:56 PM »

I have seen them for 50$ which l find really a rip off. Some people really play on others hopes. This is why l insisted on telling everypony the news l got, l hate ppl taking advantage of others.

Ya I have not been able to make it to a Target yet and will not pay that much over! If I don't find them in person then I will pass! 

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 14, 2018, 03:59:29 PM »
I'd suggest that UK / Euro collectors might want to contact The Bridge Direct and be like, "Hey, heads up, even though Glory, Firefly, etc weren't sold here, they were the main characters in this very popular comic for X number of years.  So please sell them here if you ever make them."

Because The Bridge Direct wouldn't have any way of knowing about the comic (let alone which ponies were in it), and their business depends on non-collecting but nostalgic adults buying their toys, not just collectors . . .

Their contact info is here:

http://www.thebridgedirect.com/contact.php

Thanks for the link to the site!  I think I put in a message to them correctly.  This is what I sent.  I'll let y'all know if I receive a response.

"Hi!  I just wanted to contact you to say how exciting it was to find retro My Little Pony in Target the other day!  The whole My Little Pony collecting community is excited about it.  I have just a few questions in regards to this.  Will they be available in stores other than Target?  Will additional ponies be released?

Finally, has the possibility been considered to engage the collecting community by making characters that have never been released?  Such as the "mystery" pony (white earth pony with rainbow hair) seen in the original My Little Pony special that was never made into a toy?

Thank you for your time.  I look forward to your response!"

Oh yes you will have to let us know what they say back to you! :)

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 14, 2018, 09:40:58 PM »
Yes I am certain some have restocked! We bought out the first case from the store my boyfriend works at, and just a few days ago I went back and another set was sitting on the endcap with the other retro items. So they definitely restocked. Since I opened my first Blossom, I bought another one to keep in box, and left the rest for others.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 15, 2018, 01:37:39 AM »
Thanks to LM's tips about the contact, I sent a message on facebook last night asking about the UK.

This is the response I got:

We are launching My Little Pony retro in UK with the G1 Rainbow Ponies. They will be available through various distributors and retailers. Please follow our Facebook page for updates! :)[

So yes, guys, we are getting Rainbow Ponies. No mention of the Collector Ponies but I think LadyPinwheel nailed that with what she said about them being more obscure in Europe. Rainbow Ponies clearly not obscure, very popular.

The other thing I got from that is the word 'launching'. That implies there may be more to come. Also, no store exclusives as far as that goes.

So good news UK people. We are getting some G1 retros. Just maybe not the collector ponies.

I did of course then ask them about Firefly and Glory and company because you know, why not? :P

Thank you LM for providing the contact details :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 15, 2018, 09:43:16 AM »
Yes I am certain some have restocked! We bought out the first case from the store my boyfriend works at, and just a few days ago I went back and another set was sitting on the endcap with the other retro items. So they definitely restocked. Since I opened my first Blossom, I bought another one to keep in box, and left the rest for others.

That is great news. :) It gives me hope I find the other 5 eventually. I can't bring myself to pay 5x the retail price on Ebay. 

I'm also so happy to hear that Europe will get the retro Rainbow ponies. I hope this US gets them too.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 15, 2018, 09:45:50 AM »

That is great news. :) It gives me hope I find the other 5 eventually. I can't bring myself to pay 5x the retail price on Ebay. 

I'm also so happy to hear that Europe will get the retro Rainbow ponies. I hope this US gets them too.

Ponyfan
I get the feeling you will. I feel like they've begun now with the Collector ponies over there, but as LadyPinwheel said, they're a bit more obscure in memory here, so they're going to bring us in with the Rainbow Ponies. I suspect when we get those, you'll get them too. I also think everyone in the UK should go ask them for the ponies we never had in the 80s, like I think LM suggested. Medley, Glory, Firefly, etc. Because if they're basing this on what sold where, chances are if they make those, we'll miss out on them unless we make it clear we really want them too. They are part of our childhoods as well, after all. :)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 15, 2018, 11:08:22 AM »
Thanks to LM's tips about the contact, I sent a message on facebook last night asking about the UK.

This is the response I got:

We are launching My Little Pony retro in UK with the G1 Rainbow Ponies. They will be available through various distributors and retailers. Please follow our Facebook page for updates! :)[

So yes, guys, we are getting Rainbow Ponies. No mention of the Collector Ponies but I think LadyPinwheel nailed that with what she said about them being more obscure in Europe. Rainbow Ponies clearly not obscure, very popular.

YES!!!! AH that's fantastic news!!!! Thanks for letting us know, Taff :) eeeeeeeeee I'm so excited!!! I wonder where they'll be sold.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get the Collector Ponies later on, too :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal