collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141669 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2018, 10:26:59 PM »
He just got home and surprised me with the entire case, still in the cardboard box from the factory! Today was such a horrible day otherwise, it is such a needed pick-me-up.

:shocked: :freak: :yippee: :cheer: :joy: :dance2:
OMG what a wonderful surprise from your boyfriend!!
AND in the original store box too!

Question: does this large box have any special  MLP branding printed on it, I am just curious? These things always get discarded!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2018, 11:41:32 PM »
Does anyone know the street date on these?

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2018, 11:46:54 PM »
So I was able to find a set at one of my Targets, employee had to go to the back but they had them! (really glad they didn’t seem to be street dated…) I grabbed Minty because I could only afford one and don’t wanna miss out, haha.

I do have a question for anyone who has unboxed Minty specifically (though maybe it’s happened to any of the others). Part of the tail on mine is super orangey/yellow. Anyone else’s been like this?? She is great otherwise but I didn’t notice it until just a bit ago and I haven’t been able to try and clean it because of the cold.

Congrats on Minty. :) What part of the tail is orange/yellow?
My boyfriend was working today and has been lying to me all day! I sent him the DPCI code someone posted here to check their stock, but he said they didn't come in yet. He just got home and surprised me with the entire case, still in the cardboard box from the factory! Today was such a horrible day otherwise, it is such a needed pick-me-up.

I didn't know who to unbox, but I decided on Blossom. Because I just realized that I don't actually have a full set of the original six ponies (??) and the one I'm missing is Blossom! Apparently I've got Lemon Drop in her place in my collection, lol. I just assumed LB was one of the original six.

Sorry you had a horrible day. That was a fantastic surprise from your boyfriend. 

I'd like to see a picture of the factory box. The Target I found them at just stacked them together on the shelf without the cardboard box.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 07, 2018, 05:37:35 AM »
So I was able to find a set at one of my Targets, employee had to go to the back but they had them! (really glad they didn’t seem to be street dated…) I grabbed Minty because I could only afford one and don’t wanna miss out, haha.

I do have a question for anyone who has unboxed Minty specifically (though maybe it’s happened to any of the others). Part of the tail on mine is super orangey/yellow. Anyone else’s been like this?? She is great otherwise but I didn’t notice it until just a bit ago and I haven’t been able to try and clean it because of the cold.

After church I can post a picture, but it’s like roughly halfway down the tail. The part was hidden in the packaging behind her leg (at least in the picture I took of her in box I can’t tell anything.) I’m wondering if it’s from the little rubber band that held the hair against her leg. After we have new internet installed I can try and clean her, lol

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 07, 2018, 06:02:07 AM »

After church I can post a picture, but it’s like roughly halfway down the tail. The part was hidden in the packaging behind her leg (at least in the picture I took of her in box I can’t tell anything.) I’m wondering if it’s from the little rubber band that held the hair against her leg. After we have new internet installed I can try and clean her, lol

I've seen elastic bands stain pony hair before, so you might be right to suspect it as the cause on your Minty. How unfortunate, maybe it's removable?
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2018, 06:38:02 AM »

I hadn't noticed that on mine.  But I'll have to double check later to make sure.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 07, 2018, 07:50:41 AM »
My boyfriend was working today and has been lying to me all day! I sent him the DPCI code someone posted here to check their stock, but he said they didn't come in yet. He just got home and surprised me with the entire case, still in the cardboard box from the factory! Today was such a horrible day otherwise, it is such a needed pick-me-up.

I didn't know who to unbox, but I decided on Blossom. Because I just realized that I don't actually have a full set of the original six ponies (??) and the one I'm missing is Blossom! Apparently I've got Lemon Drop in her place in my collection, lol. I just assumed LB was one of the original six.

So sweet! :3
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2018, 09:08:26 AM »
I checked around at my local targets today and struck out, even though the employees said it looked like there were 6 on floor according to the stock.  So frustrating!  One helpful employee did talk about them being for an endcap that hadn't be set yet, and said I might have better luck once it's set up.  Here's hoping!

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 07, 2018, 10:15:58 AM »
Another strike out today. The employees acted like they werent even in the system when I went to look them up.
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 07, 2018, 10:49:40 AM »
I haven’t been able to wash my Minty yet, we don’t have heat in our house and Florida is just a liiiiiitle too cold for that right now. Now that her tail isn’t wet from me styling it it’s more like this… off white/cream color in that spot. I think it’s from what was keeping her leg to her tail (tape, I think, not a rubber band). Certainly doesn’t change my opinion of her. She looks so good… and I hope my husband starts work soon so I can maybe get another one (probably Snuzzle)

Edit: my husband made me clean her and the spot seems to be gone! I’ll post some before/after pics later so people can see. Just don’t have access to my laptop right now.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 11:09:50 AM by Icicle »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2018, 12:03:42 PM »
I got them! An employee was putting toys on the shelf and I asked her about them, and gave her the DPCI. She went into the back and grabbed them for me!

Spoiler

They did have a section for them, they just hadn't gotten around to putting them out yet. The section was at an end cap along with many other Retro toys and games.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2018, 12:14:18 PM »
What an unexpected surprise, they look so cute. If these do come to Canada, I will need to get at least one. :heart:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #207 on: January 07, 2018, 12:29:22 PM »
I've got THREE targets nearby. None of them have their spring reset done yet. I'll be calling my nearest one on Tuesday...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Chibiskittles

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 07, 2018, 12:59:39 PM »
my closest target doesnt have them out yet either, and i didnt feel like begging them to check the back.  lol
I play World of Warcraft -WAY- too much.
after fifteen -THOUSAND- posts, I now haunt the Arena woodwork  :lol:
http://chibiskittles.tumblr.com/
~I make pretty things with yarn~

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 07, 2018, 01:35:24 PM »
I'm totally stoked that the 80's are coming back in full force, with the Etcha-a-Sketch, Teddy Ruxpin, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, and the g1 MLP singles. Sweet Nostalgia bomb, Batman!

I picked up my Cotton Candy and Minty at Target today. I hate buying non-thrift, but I gotta admit, this was $20 well spent. (does anyone remember how much the original g1's cost when they were released?) Thanks to that person who posted the DCPI number on page 10. I had to ask an employee and he so very kindly dug them out of the back, since they weren't out on the shelves. I, however, am VERY disappointed that the "one set per store" rumors are true, as this will make it very difficult to get others, if I so choose to go back, and will most likely be priced exorbitantly on online sites due to limited quantity.

Wait for me, Butterscotch.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 01:37:05 PM by nightmare muffin »
formerly nightmare muffin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal