collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141725 times)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2018, 04:11:26 PM »
I was just at my target but my store hasn't gotten them yet. I can't wait till they start popping up!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2018, 04:35:16 PM »
I will say to make sure and check all around on the toy isles.  My Target looks to be resetting and all the toys are jumbled.  I actually found these down the same isle on the bottom shelf in the middle of the Shopkins.  There were some G4 over there, too, on the higher hooks.  I should also mention I also saw several of the new gimmicky G4, namely the water globe ones, both princess and seapony, and the new bigger Celestia.

I also checked myself out on the self check. I don't know how that effects the street date issue.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2018, 04:37:51 PM »
Wow, a lot has happened on this thread since I've been here last!
Thank you for the pictures Nimrodel. My friends are going to pick these up for me.  I am really excited.

So they released them as flat foots, then concave, then MO, then 25th anniversay set, and now these.
I have them all but I totally need these too lol. It's like this clip from the simpsons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8
I kind of wish I didn't sell my 25th anniversary sets for collecting and comparison reasons, but they really didn't do it for me and took up a lot of space.  I may pick them up again if I can find them loose once I have a pony room again, because now those will be the only gaps in the collection..but we'll see. Collecting frustrations.

Again, I am glad that Hasbro listened for once and gave us what we wanted.  The prospect for more as written on the poster is exciting!

I find it kind of ironic that the toy company Hasbro licensed these to could make their own product better than they can (think Integrity Jem dolls too :P) but whatever haha.

I am definitely supporting them again.  In all honesty I only bought the last anniversary set because I wanted to support G1 (a good enough reason for me but still.. yeah) If these do well, there's no telling what we may get next!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 04:46:05 PM by princessluna11706 »

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2018, 04:55:58 PM »
Omg, I need them ALL!  I really really hope there's more ponies to come.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2018, 05:07:01 PM »
Well I was in another town that was about a hour away from me and they did not have on there shelves. :(

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2018, 05:48:06 PM »
I was just speaking with another collector on Instagram who got their ponies from the back after speaking with an employee. Apparently the rumor about each store only getting one set is true, at least according to that one employee. I should be heading to Target tomorrow and I'll ask around and see what they say. I'm praying this isn't the case.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2018, 05:49:53 PM »
Neither of the two closest Targets had them (went to one, called another). I'll try calling them both on Sunday I suppose, since that's supposed to be the actual release date, correct?

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #157 on: January 05, 2018, 06:03:47 PM »
it all depends on management.  I managed to go to a Target that was setting up the endcap early.  I was able to locate the DCPI online and the associate asked her manager if she could sell me a set early.  I just about died in the store of excitement :)

If anyone needs it, the DCPI is 086-00-2831, My Little Pony Animal is what the tags are going to say.  xD

Thank you so much for this!  I went to Stockbyme.com and entered the DCPI and my Postal Code; looks like all Target locations in my area have them in stock! 

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 05, 2018, 06:14:54 PM »
Oh man the store that I was at today says they have them in stock also!!!! Man I wont be going back till the 18th this month! :(

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2018, 06:42:40 PM »
Well, that DCPI saved me several trips to Target. I now have my complete set and enough doubles to ship internationally.

I also got a look at their internal scanner that shows them what other stores have in stock. Each store that had them in stock only had 6. It sounds like the initial run really is one complete set per store that stocks them.

No word from any of the extremely nice Target employees regarding additional shipments, which is a shame because that would have made this day above fantastic.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2018, 06:59:04 PM »
Important to note that just because the site says they're in stock, does not mean they are actually on the shelves. I had previously checked the site before going over to Target and despite checking beforehand and the site saying they had them in stock, they didn't have them on the shelves. I assume they were in the back and they'll be putting them out later (Sunday?).

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 05, 2018, 07:18:59 PM »
I will say to make sure and check all around on the toy isles.  My Target looks to be resetting and all the toys are jumbled.  I actually found these down the same isle on the bottom shelf in the middle of the Shopkins.  There were some G4 over there, too, on the higher hooks.  I should also mention I also saw several of the new gimmicky G4, namely the water globe ones, both princess and seapony, and the new bigger Celestia.

I also checked myself out on the self check. I don't know how that effects the street date issue.

Thanks Sunset.  :) I looked on the endcaps, The Barbie/Disney aisle and the pony/Shopkins aisle and didn't see them at the Target I checked but I don't they had fully reset all of the toys yet. The only new G4 toy I saw was the new Celestia.

My Target has them in the back but wasnt allowed to put them out and sell them to me yet. Which is frustrating considering how many other Targets have them available and I dont live near any others  :huh:

I’m sorry. When the pearly G4 seaponies came out I found 3 at Toys R US and picked 2 to buy. When I got up to the register the employee told me the toys were street dated and he wasn’t allowed to sell me the seaponies. He told me to come back on the street date.   

Ponyfan

Yeah, I suppose I'd been even more frustrated had I made it all the way to the register with them in hand! Glad to know Im not the only one these things happen to

It's happened to me several times.  :(  One time I saw a display full of a new DVD and when I brought it up to the register the manager scanned it and then said it was out too early and then called someone on their walkie talkie to take the display down. It's always a little upsetting when that happens.

Well, that DCPI saved me several trips to Target. I now have my complete set and enough doubles to ship internationally.

I also got a look at their internal scanner that shows them what other stores have in stock. Each store that had them in stock only had 6. It sounds like the initial run really is one complete set per store that stocks them.

No word from any of the extremely nice Target employees regarding additional shipments, which is a shame because that would have made this day above fantastic.

Congrats on completing your set and finding extras. :) I'm hoping to at least be able to  find one of the 6. I think I've decided on Butterscotch.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #162 on: January 05, 2018, 07:44:04 PM »
I'm going to go check my Target tomorrow... wish me luck!

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2018, 08:00:12 PM »
I checked to see if any stores near me had them in stock so I can complete my set and most stores in my area have them. Hopefully the one I'm planning on going to tomorrow will have them on the shelves or at least let me buy the three I need early

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2018, 08:08:17 PM »
For those heading to Targets, bring the DCPI with you! The employees can find the items that much faster. Plus they get these really incredulous smiles when you mention you have it, like "wow, a prepared AND informed customer?!"

It was almost as much fun as getting the ponies themselves.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal