collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141710 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2018, 12:47:12 PM »
A pony collector friend I have on FB just did a video about them  and the poster inside suggests 'more' ponies to come. I forget the exact wording and need to go rewatch for it but it was something like collect all 6 and more.

Got a link to that vid?

Not really sure I should link another persons facebook videos as it's not mine, plus I have no clue how to link a fb video belonging to someone else. Don't know that it matters since Nimrodel has already posted a photo of the poster with the wording blurb on it saying 'You can collect these & More!'
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2018, 12:48:13 PM »
A pony collector friend I have on FB just did a video about them  and the poster inside suggests 'more' ponies to come. I forget the exact wording and need to go rewatch for it but it was something like collect all 6 and more.

Got a link to that vid?

Not really sure I should link another persons facebook videos as it's not mine, plus I have no clue how to link a fb video belonging to someone else. Don't know that it matters since Nimrodel has already posted a photo of the poster with the wording blurb on it saying 'You can collect these & More!'

Oh. Sorry.  :blush:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2018, 12:55:14 PM »
Thank you for the pictures!  Their eyes are perfect.

I was watching a friend's video review and he said that these are actually produced by a company called The Bridge Direct, not Hasbro.  (But the toys are licensed from Hasbro, so they are not bootlegs.)  They are the same company that made the retro Strawberry Shortcake dolls.

So they probably didn't even know that Hasbro made collector ponies in 2007.  Regardless, the new retros are much better quality than the previous retros so I'm okay with this, lol.  I hope they make more.

I think we have the same friend on FB!  :biggrin: It'd be awesome if they make various sets, I haven't paid attention to the strawberry shortcake dolls but the video said they did playsets I think?? I hope they have plans for some cool pony related stuff. Not sure if I want them to make everything but it would be cool to have the option of re-releases for those that have never been able to get G1's new, etc.

I don't have a local target so I'll have to wait until this weekend, the closest Target to me is about 45min away. Not sure if they've made it up here to my stat yet but I'll be on the lookout for them.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2018, 12:56:39 PM »
Thank you for the pics!! I love the poster, such pretty original artwork! And the eyes do look a lot better now that you mention it! The switch of the manufacturer explains the differences between the 25th anniversary ones and these. I can't wait for what the "and more" means!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2018, 01:10:39 PM »
Thank you for the pictures!  Their eyes are perfect.

I was watching a friend's video review and he said that these are actually produced by a company called The Bridge Direct, not Hasbro.  (But the toys are licensed from Hasbro, so they are not bootlegs.)  They are the same company that made the retro Strawberry Shortcake dolls.

So they probably didn't even know that Hasbro made collector ponies in 2007.  Regardless, the new retros are much better quality than the previous retros so I'm okay with this, lol.  I hope they make more.

I think we have the same friend on FB!  :biggrin:

I think so too!  :biggrin:

I'd like to see baby ponies for ponies who didn't originally have babies.  I think that would be adorable.  (Or how about a NBBE Baby Shady?  Isn't she about the only baby who is only BBE?  Even Baby Lofty has that Brazilian version . . . )

Edit:  Watching his video again, the ponies also appear to have a forelock, which is another difference from the retro 2007 set.

Also their official release date is Sunday.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:15:46 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2018, 01:35:51 PM »
Thanks for the pics. I think Bridge Direct did an excellent job on the retro SS dolls. I think that's one reason the quality seems to be so high on these. :)  The only SS playset that I think they did was the Berry Happy Home but one doll came with a stove also.

I'd also love to see some babies for ponies without babies. I've never understood how Hasbro chose who got a baby and who didn't in set but always thought it might be based on who they thought sold well? Why did Moondancer and Glory get babies but Sunbeam and Twilight didn't?

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:38:21 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2018, 01:38:01 PM »
Baby Medley!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2018, 01:38:17 PM »
Ooohhh I'm excited for these! I hope they come out here, our Target is a different company, but we occasionally get Target exclusive stuff :/

I LOVE that they fixed the eyes and the pink hair. Both bothered me so much that I never ended up picking up the two previous anniversary sets - the eyes were all so small and beady, and they just ruined the whole thing for me! These ones are gorgeous. If I see them I'll definitely pick them up, even though they'll probably be more expensive here.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2018, 02:01:05 PM »
These do look neat, though the next time I'll be near a target is on the 20th, I think there's two in the west Knoxville area. I'll see what I can find.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline Perikoala

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2018, 02:52:10 PM »
Ooh! So cool! I'd love to get some if they're released in Europe too! :inlove:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2018, 02:56:16 PM »
I am happy to see vintage ponies in the stores, but as someone with the full set of collector ponies, these are a bit of a disappointment. I do not need a 4th set of collector ponies, and there are over 500 other ponies they could have chosen. Why not release the first year set with Glory, Firefly, Apple-freakin-jack!!!???? I think more parents have positive memories of their childhood Firefly than of Butterscotch. (Nothing against Butterscotch, just ranting!)
Plus more dynamic or interesting poses, color combinations, breeds...  If they are going to charge ten dollars for a plastic horse, I would like it if they tried a little harder.

I will only buy these if I see them on a very good clearance. Keep trying, Hasbro.

I totally agree.  I'm really stoked that they decided to celebrate the 25th anniversary.  (Have they decided to only celebrate anniversaries when the current gen is on the downhill slope?).

But I'm really dissapointed that they released the collectors ponies, again.  I already have the ones from the 25th anniversary and the originals, of course.  And yes, it would have made so much more sense to release the ponies seen in RAMC.  They would appeal to both collectors and bronies a lot more than this set.  Or, if they were determined to release ponies in that pose, then there are still plenty of ponies to choose from.  Birth flowers maybe?  Alternate birth flowers? 

I just feel like those average grown ups in the toy isle are less likely to feel an affinity for these ponies specificly but just the aesthetics of gen 1 ponies.

I'm conflicted about buying these.  I really want to support the idea of retro ponies.  I really don't want to spend the money on *these* ponies.

How bout they just appeal to kids and collectors instead?

If I were going to buy a present for a kid and I wanted to get them a pony, I would be more likely to buy one that I had as a kid. That is what I meant.
We, as collectors, are a fussy group. Kids are used to FiM, my neices don't like the old ponies, not really. And I don't know that Bronies are the target market here.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Bewilderbeast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • contextual tomato consumption
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2018, 03:13:47 PM »
Ohhh, I think I need Butterscotch for sure, since she was the only CP I had as a child. But Minty is adorable too.

I really hope these come to the UK.
Call me Pixie!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2018, 04:30:00 PM »
I am happy to see vintage ponies in the stores, but as someone with the full set of collector ponies, these are a bit of a disappointment. I do not need a 4th set of collector ponies, and there are over 500 other ponies they could have chosen. Why not release the first year set with Glory, Firefly, Apple-freakin-jack!!!???? I think more parents have positive memories of their childhood Firefly than of Butterscotch. (Nothing against Butterscotch, just ranting!)
Plus more dynamic or interesting poses, color combinations, breeds...  If they are going to charge ten dollars for a plastic horse, I would like it if they tried a little harder.

I will only buy these if I see them on a very good clearance. Keep trying, Hasbro.

I totally agree.  I'm really stoked that they decided to celebrate the 25th anniversary.  (Have they decided to only celebrate anniversaries when the current gen is on the downhill slope?).

But I'm really dissapointed that they released the collectors ponies, again.  I already have the ones from the 25th anniversary and the originals, of course.  And yes, it would have made so much more sense to release the ponies seen in RAMC.  They would appeal to both collectors and bronies a lot more than this set.  Or, if they were determined to release ponies in that pose, then there are still plenty of ponies to choose from.  Birth flowers maybe?  Alternate birth flowers? 

I just feel like those average grown ups in the toy isle are less likely to feel an affinity for these ponies specificly but just the aesthetics of gen 1 ponies.

I'm conflicted about buying these.  I really want to support the idea of retro ponies.  I really don't want to spend the money on *these* ponies.

How bout they just appeal to kids and collectors instead?

If I were going to buy a present for a kid and I wanted to get them a pony, I would be more likely to buy one that I had as a kid. That is what I meant.
We, as collectors, are a fussy group. Kids are used to FiM, my neices don't like the old ponies, not really. And I don't know that Bronies are the target market here.

Sorry Aurora.  I was responding  to Sunset not you. ^^;

Bronies are definetly not the target market for these. Except the ones the ones who do collect older gens.

Kids will see a new toy that older relatives may have mentioned they also played with. Other kids do grow up with relatives who still have or collect ponies. My daughter has a sizeable G1 herd. Two of my littlest cousins are enchanted with my G1s and G3s. It's a matter of personal taste.

Collectors will see nostalgia and/or repetition.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:00:43 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2018, 04:41:02 PM »
I can't find these on Hasbro or The Bridge Direct's websites. Weird.

Offline Nimrodel

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2018, 05:29:47 PM »
I can't find these on Hasbro or The Bridge Direct's websites. Weird.

From what I hear, they're a Target exclusive right now.  :)  Unfortunately they're not on the Target website, only in stores. 

Odd though, that they're not on TBD website. 
I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker - J. Alfred Prufrock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal