collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sellign on ebay  (Read 715 times)

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
Sellign on ebay
« on: May 21, 2012, 08:30:38 AM »
As the title states I want to know a bit on selling on ebay. I'm a first timer and do not want to mess up so a bit of knowledge from the more experienced sellers would be a lot of help.
Any particular tips? Any no-no's? Anything worth mentioning! :)
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Sellign on ebay
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 11:54:25 AM »
A huge No-No?  Selling on Ebay!  Sell here! 

Ebay has large fees that are often matched by Paypal, require you to send via the most expensive postal options to guarantee your funds, have a LOT of regulations you need to follow...  makes my head spin trying to think about it.

There are a number of threads on the subject though... just look through the last 5 pages of TS and you will find lots of topics to help sellers get started and be successful.  :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »
Ebay has large fees that are often matched by Paypal,

Heh. Funny thing is, Ebay owns PayPal.. so really, they are charging you twice.

I honestly only sell on Ebay if I have an item I am hoping to see a high price for that is driven up by bidding.. Otherwise, I prefer to sell here, or through my Tumblr. Ebay is my last ditch..

Tips for Ebay.. Be very clear with your listing. Never assume that the buyer will know something. Pretend they are dumb as a brick and spell out every little detail. Is your pony missing ONE plug of hair? Make note of it! Selling overseas? Remind the buyer that THEY are responsible for customs fees, not you. Charge actual shipping costs. If you are going to factor in a fee for packing materials+time+Gas+whatever, list that up front, and be aware that Ebay frowns on excessive shipping charges. Plan on claiming no refunds allowed? Ebay doesn't like that. Save yourself the hassle and just smile and say yes, then relist the item. Ship with a tracking number always! Shiping overseas? Make sure that auction listing warns the buyer that international shipping can take anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months, and that if they would like the item to have a tracking number, then they need to shell out $$$$$ for it.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 07:09:25 PM »
Good advice from Maniah there ^^ ;)  Selling on ebay can be a big hassle , but you can avoid some of the problems by following that kind of advice.  A couple of things I will add for now :always send your items extra securely packed. Make them postie proof . remember that items can have stuff thrown on top of them, and packets can get torn or wet.  Put extra tape around to seal in the item, and use a box if its something more delicate. Also get yourself a cheap digital kitchen scale to weigh your items on and get an accurate shipping weight . A lot of people lose monies due to underestimating the shipping costs, and also you dont wanna overcharge by much either cos you will get your star rating marked down (which will lead to selling restrictions :yikes: )
selling here is worth trying first, since its much easier to do, and its not going to cost you listing fees :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 01:42:43 AM »
Coming from someone who sells on ebay daily, I think you got some awesome advice above!

I am going to add though alway keep good communications if needed throughout the transaction.  It is essential.  Also do your own research through ebay's help pages on how to create an effective listing, setting up your shipping details, etc.  There pages are helpful and informative.  I still have to go back and look things up because ebay is ever changing.  And it is always good to stay on top of things so there are no surprises.

Another good thing to do before listing is research, research, research.  I know I personally research everything to death but I like to know what I am talking about, even if I really don't. :)   I Google it, check completed listings, check current listings, what ever I have to do so I can write a nice description and am clear on what I am selling.

Good Luck and if I can think of anything else I will be back. 

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal