collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wave 3 (Purple) blind bags are now in a kiosk/display at Walmart?  (Read 1434 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Wave 3 (Purple) blind bags are now in a kiosk/display at Walmart?
« on: September 20, 2012, 10:12:56 PM »
(I apologize if it's old news, but I thought I'd make a topic about it just in case. ^^)

I went to Walmart with a friend of mine and as usual, we always check the toy sections. After going to our usual spots and not seeing anything, my friend decided to go to the health/cosmetics department for a second. I chose to roam the toy aisles for the heck of it, and something was telling me to go into the Clearance section of the toys. Since the last three times I had been to this WalMart I had the instinct to go and check the area, but I opted not to.

Good thing I listened to my instincts after all this time, because I found this:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And there was another one, untouched,  right behind it. o.o

Not sure if this display/kiosk have been out for a while or not (I've only seen the Wave 1's like this, and that was at KMart), but I was surprised and happy because this is the first time I've seen Wave 3's in my city/area. So me and my friend were able to get the Wave 3 ponies we wanted. Well,... not me since I accidentally grabbed a Rarity when I thought I had the "Glow Twilight". ;_;

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 03:18:02 PM by hathorcat »
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Wave 3 (Purple) blind bags are now in a kiosk/display at Walmart?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 11:31:52 PM »
     At a Walmart on my road trip, I saw two of those pdqs on one of the sidekick features and thought, "that must really suck if you're looking a particular one.". They also had a wave 3 case full of the wave 2 bags in the usual place.

Between people dropping them under the shelves and people stealing and discarding the bag in the pdq, I'll just say I'm glad my store doesn't have these.

They also had a tag on the pony power pdq that said "free poster with pony purchase ", which we all know is junk. What's worse, some greedy dastard el hoardo took all but 2 stacks of 2 versions of the posters, is there no justice?

Thank you for sharing the pic!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 12:08:56 AM »
No problem on the photo! :3

Both me and my friend wanted Noteworthy, so I pretty much went through both of the displays to find him. Such a pain! Wasn't in the first (none of the boys were), and more or less "emptied" out the second until I found him. Of course, I put the bags back in each display after I went thought them. ^^;

The Walmarts near me that have the "Free Poster with purchase" sign for the Pony Power ones, always seem to have a "messed up" or "whole stack of posters missing" poster area. One of the displays only seemed to have two of the four posters. o-o Oddly enough the one that doesn't have the sign has all of the posters, in a neat order.

Offline tiggerkitn25

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+186)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 04:28:47 AM »
Yep, I saw two of these sitting in the floor at the beginning of the toy aisle a few days ago at our Walmart.  I had to patiently dig for the ones I wanted and a few employees passed me and never said a word.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 07:20:47 AM »
Wish my Walmart got the blind bags so I could check this in my area. ;_;
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 07:33:26 AM »
I saw that too last week! I thought it was weird because it was with the home goods, like near candles and stuff across from the toy aisles. There were 2 of these displays full of Wave 3 and then an empty Wave 4 box on the shelf with the toys.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 03:20:16 PM »
I remember these being posted before...a little different and yes certainly frustrating to have to dig all the way through them to get to the ones you want...I am glad you found Noteworthy :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 03:23:43 PM »
I saw it too it was crammed full but I didn't have the time or energy to sort through.  But if you are near Kettering Ohio and you need one they had a ton, and one box of the blues.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:30:41 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 04:27:55 PM »
My Walmart got the purple bags like that too, although they still seem to be getting the blue ones in the regular boxes.

In all honesty, I didn't find it hard at all to find certain ponies. The box seems to be divided into two halves, with what looked like a regular box worth of bags on either side. I pulled a bunch from one side, and they did all seem to be in number order. Although if I remember correctly, they started at 24 and went up, so if you're looking for ones from the beginning of the set, you'd need to pull out almost all of the bags.

**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

PolkaDot99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 04:40:20 PM »
Our walmart had two boxes of them last week I was so excited to see them! They were all in the regular blind bag box tho in the toy isle and there was some blue ones too.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 04:43:49 PM »
Oh good! I hope this is at all Walmarts. I've only ever seen them at Toys R Us (and didn't look through because I stupidly thought they were Wave 1, urgggggghhhh) and they're twice as expensive there.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 09:36:20 PM »
I saw the purple bags several weeks ago at one of my Walmarts but they were in the regular boxes.  My other Walmart has never had anything put the first wave.  Then the last time I went to the 1st Walmart, they had a box of the blue wave which were almost all gone.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »
I have yet to see the Wave 3's in their box. The only time I had seen this wave in person other than two nights ago was when I was at the NYC Times Square TRU, but they were being hanged on those display hooks (the actual name escapes me at the moment - it's what they usually put toys on to "hang"). And that was back in early July. O_o
Seen tons of the Wave 4's, though. And last I had checked, my TRU only had the Wave 1 bags. 

I did get some looks from people while I was digging through looking for certain ponies. Kinda freaked me out, but I understood why when it came to some of the employees. My city/area is not immune to "opened blind bag theft". :(

My Walmart got the purple bags like that too, although they still seem to be getting the blue ones in the regular boxes.

In all honesty, I didn't find it hard at all to find certain ponies. The box seems to be divided into two halves, with what looked like a regular box worth of bags on either side. I pulled a bunch from one side, and they did all seem to be in number order. Although if I remember correctly, they started at 24 and went up, so if you're looking for ones from the beginning of the set, you'd need to pull out almost all of the bags.

Wished I had known or figured that out beforehand. xD I did end up finding Noteworthy at the bottom of the box.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal