collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 205864 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2017, 03:54:59 PM »
Has anyone watched Your Name? Is it any good? It seems popular...
It's going to play in a theater near me, and I'm tempted to go see it...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2017, 07:09:05 PM »
Recently watched the first season of Ajin and was surprised. The animation drove me nuts for the first few episodes (I hate 3D cell-shading outside of games; it's often so jarring), but the story made up for it. I'm looking forward to the next season's release.

Also watched Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, and Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works] after putting it off for years, and now I wish I'd gotten into it sooner. F/SN has some annoying tropes leftover from the fact that it's an eroge VN, but the world-building is top-notch. Zero and UBW make up for those flaws, and make it really engaging. I'm now looking forward to the Heavens Feel and Apocrypha releases later this year, and trying to avoid spoilers since I haven't played the VNs. lol

Right now, we're watching Bakemonogatari. It's some serious hard work, and I can only do a couple of episodes at a time, but it's amazingly tied together. It's super stylish, which is part of the "hard work" aspect. You can't look away or even blink, because you might miss something that's key to the current Monster/Apparition/Youkai that they're dealing with. And the layers and layers of puns are mind-boggling. I know I'm probably only getting about 10% of the wordplay, and even that much is painfully clever. Hitagi takes some warming up, but Koyomi is really interesting, and he's voiced by a seiyuu that I currently really like (he also plays Shinji in the Fate series, as well as Natsume in the Book of Friends series).

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2017, 09:37:48 PM »
The only currently airing anime I'm watching at the moment is Pokemon Sun and Moon, although that doesn't mean I can ever be caught up on it, as I have to wait until the sub group I like subs it. Currently I've seen up to episode 24 as that's all that they've subbed so far.

My all-time favorite anime is Di Gi Charat, all of the different series. It's been my favorite ever since I got into it 7 years ago I love it so much. :lovey:

Di Gi Charat is the source of both my avatar and signature. Avatar's from a commercial for the store Gamers that was made before DGC got its anime, and my signature is drawn by its creator.

Other anime I really like are Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and more recently My Love Story. The latter a friend in a Discord server streamed and I loved it so much, it was super cute. <3

I've got an account on MAL right here if anyone wants to see everything I've watched:

https://myanimelist.net/profile/BeatlesPkmnFan42

I haven't seen much though, I'm not really the sort who watches a bunch of things each season. The only anime I've ever watched as they're airing so far were based on/had video games that I play.

Speaking of, anime that I have seen and disliked.

First there was the SHOW BY ROCK!! anime.

this took up a lot of space oops
SHOW BY ROCK!! (I'll refer to it as SB69 from now on in this post) is one of my favorite things in the world, it's a very fun mobile rhythm game, similar to LL SIF, Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage, etc, but unlike them it's played vertically. Also it's been around for a while, since 2012. It got an anime adaptation in 2015 and... I really didn't enjoy it much. It was cute sometimes, but it was a mess. In the game, the episodes (little short stories you can read) are very slice-of-life, just the characters going about their normal lives and playing concerts. But for some reason the anime decided to take the "sucked into a video game and have to save said video game's world" route, which doesn't resemble the game at all. They decided to make Cyan, the game's mascot, the human that gets sucked into her phone. Why???

The short series it got afterwards was better, solely because there was no stupid world saving stuff, it was slice-of-life like the games. But it was still the anime canon in which Cyan is originally a human, blaahh.

Then it got a second season, which somehow managed to be even worse.

Really the best thing SB69's anime had going for it were the songs, the 3D animated segments, and the cameos. Everything else was disappointing.

But that's nowhere near the disaster that was the Ace Attorney anime, oh boy. I don't even feel like getting into it deeper on why I hated it. Just gonna say the only redeeming thing about it was Masaru Konaka (Redd White)'s tenancy to speak in English at times. Everything else was awful and the Ace Attorney anime was the worst anime I had ever seen.

Which is a shame because when the 5th Ace Attorney game came out and it had those animated cutscenes, that made me really want an Ace Attorney anime to be made. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

It really is a shame when something you love gets bad adaptations.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2017, 07:27:48 AM »
I'd like to know about Your Name too. :) Has anyone seen it? I'm still working on both series of Sailor Moon (90's anime and Crystal) and also got the first volume of the Sailor Moon manga yesterday. I've already finished it.  :) I might buy the other volumes at least through volume 6.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2017, 02:53:09 PM »
Little Witch Academia (aka "Japanese All-Girl Harry Potter") finished yesterday and was a great time. Wholesome, fun adventures; great art; charming interactions. Just don't go into it expecting a really complicated story with mind-blowing twists, because you won't get that.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2017, 07:46:31 AM »
I rewatched Bottle Fairy last week, it's so cute!! It's basically just sugary fluff, so it's not for those that like elaborate plots, but aaa it's so adorable, I love it.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »
Picked up the second half of the second season of Assassination Classroom yesterday so now I'm binge watching the whole series.  I haven't seen any of the second season yet because I wanted to wait until I had the whole thing.  As morbid as it is, it's absolutely hilarious.  I highly recommend it.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2017, 05:12:58 PM »
I finished the first season of Sailor Moon Crystal. I liked it more than I thought I would. I  ended up binge watching the last several episodes.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2017, 09:36:24 AM »
Totally binge watched the entire series of Assassination Classroom this weekend.  The ending made me cry but it's so good!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2017, 06:41:13 PM »
For those interested VIZ announced today that Sailor Moon Crystal season 3 will be released on December 5th.

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2017, 02:03:02 PM »
So has anyone watched the Animated Castlevania cartoon? It looks good.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MintyMayhem

• Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2017, 10:47:58 PM »
I love The World God Only Knows! I would really recommend it  :)
MintyMayhem

Lhianneth

« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2017, 12:37:55 AM »
Currently watching Shirobako! It's really cute, and definitely explains a lot about how the anime industry works these days. A friend (who is actually in the industry himself, hilariously) recommended it for that reason. It's pretty fun, a bit heavy-handed sometimes on the moe, and I want to punch Tarou in his smug face (which makes me sad, because his seiyuu is also Present Mic and Heisuke, both of whom I love). But overall, it's a good watch.

We're also doing My Hero Academia week-to-week as it comes out, absolutely blew through the first season or Little Witch Academia when it came out on Netflix, and are week-to-weeking with Fate/Apocrypha, because the situation with LWA kind of soured us on waiting for the season from Netflix.

Badly managed, Netflix. Not cool.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2017, 04:49:48 PM »
I'm totally obsessed with Parasyte-The Maxim, Samurai Champloo, and Blood+!  It's kinda weird to me...I was totally digging InuYasha for goodness-knows how long.  I still think it's adorable, but wow I didn't realize how...uh..."not terribly amazing" the writing is :-P. But goodness those characters are adorable. 

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2017, 11:45:37 PM »
I just finished Sailor Moon Crystal season 2. I had to go back and re-read part of the manga though because some things were happening at the end of Season 2 that I didn't remember in the manga.

I do wonder if

Spoiler
Tuxedo Mask gets his memory erased once every arc. It happens in the Dark Kingdom arc and again in the Black Moon arc.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal