collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cleaning hair plugs? :S  (Read 307 times)

ShinePaw

• Trade Count: (0)
Cleaning hair plugs? :S
« on: October 26, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »
Hello!

Well, I recently got my hands on a NSS Shady in a thrift store, but she looked like she was bathed in mud... I cleaned her up as much as I was able to (I'm a begginner at it) but I have one problem which really bugs me.

Her hair plugs seem to have some dirt inside them, at least her hair looks pretty dark at the plugs and I have no idea how to remove it :S I have already soaked her in Vanish Oxy Action bath for an hour (I guess it's the closest to Oxiclean) but still nothing happened to the dirt in the plugs. I tried to remove her head, but it's heavily glued on and I wouldn't want to cut it off if it's not necessary >.<

Maybe she need more Oxy Action bath?

Any ideas?  :cry:

baby_yoyo

Re: Cleaning hair plugs? :S
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 01:20:51 PM »
First off congrats on finding a G1 :)

Without resorting to removing her head, I would give her a damn good scrub with a toothbrush and whitening toothpaste (The best thing I know for removing tail rust) the bristles of the brush may be the best thing to remove dirt lodged in the plugs :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 01:36:44 PM »
Its going to depend on what is actually in those plugs - is there anyway its actually coming from the inside of her body? i have seen ponies who have had just a significant build up of rust or gunk inside them that it starts seeping out of hair plugs. If this is the case you ll need to remove her head and clean the inside out thoroughly.

If its certainly on the outside only, a toothbrush, nail brush or even a bottle cleaner - something small but that you can actually scrub.

And be careful with her hair when its wet that colour isnt colour fast so will bleed.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 03:29:50 PM »
I agree that it might well be coming from the inside. I had some ponies that had tail-rust coming out of their hairplugs :S

On the other hand, I despise beheading ponies, especially adult G1s as removing their heads can be soo difficult. Have you put her nech seam under a stream of hot water to try to loosen it up a bit?

Anyways, I hope it's just on the outside and that you don't have to remove the head ;)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

pineapple

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 06:20:42 PM »
Does she rattle inside, any sign of tail rust?  If it's dirt from outside you should be able to get her a lot cleaner looking by scrubbing along the hair line of her mane with a toothbrush and some baking soda paste.

If it's mold or rust from inside the body then you need to take her head off and clean her out thoroughly.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 07:58:52 PM »
Yea I was going to suggest the pony may have a lot of mold inside her from years of water and moisture from bath fun.  The stuff you may be mold and it doesn't always disappear with bleach and oxy especially if its really grown in there for years. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal