collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Something good for cleaning ponies in delicate places (cutie marks/twinkle eyes)  (Read 550 times)

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
I recently got a Quackers and aside from a little surface stuff (came off as black with acetone although she doesn't really look dirty? :blink:) she's gorgeous! However, I obviously can't use that on 'danger areas' like her blush, eyes and cutie marks. Is there anything I can use that would remove that stuff but not harm such areas?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:08:37 PM by Binny »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
G1s don't have cutie marks.  They have symbols.  ;)

Try a washcloth with dish or hand soap to gently scrub around symbols and eyes and blush. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
I've had a lot of luck with magic erasers.  They don't take off the symbol of US or UK G1s that I've ever heard of.  Erasers aren't recommended for some of the more fragile variants, though.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
I call them all cutie marks!

I would try the washcloth with ivory soap or the magic eraser.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Eyes, cotton swab with a little liquid dish soap. (a magic eraser can pull the sheen off the eyes.)

Blush and symbols, gently with a wet magic eraser. :)

Offline sirithfin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I haven't tried it on TEs but I use an old toothbrush and soap on my dirty ponies. So far no symbols, eyes or rosy cheeks have been harmed and I scrub quite hard at times. Oh, and nails are also a great tool for removing pony gunk, I've gotten rid of spots right on top of the symbols that way. :)

Thank you Dizziness for the sig!
.: | My Arts | :.  -  .: | My Wants | :.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
wet magic erasers work wonders but yes never do them on the symbol or eyes. Wet wash clothes and soap maybe would do it :)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
soap, magic eraser, toothpaste, usually alcohol, something for scrubbing like a washcloth or small, soft brush. I'd always suggest these options for general cleaning and only use acetone if nothing else works to avoid accidentally getting on the paint.

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
I think I accidentally faded the blush on a pony with magic eraser. I had heard that they were ok on symbols and didn't think about blush being more fragile. I've never had a problem with magic eraser on symbols. (I've only cleaned G1s.)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
I haven't had an issue yet with blush or symbols, yes, blush is much more delicate them symbol paint. :)
I never use them dry, and I smear a little ivory soap onto the sponge first. I always go gently. I wouldn't use them on "jewels" or princess medallions though. When those sponges first came out I tested them on some baits, and they can dull the surface of the body too sometimes if you really scrub hard- not good. -give the body "scuff" marks, or making edges of ears and hooves dull and rough.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 10:30:43 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I stand by baby wipes as a great gentle way to remove dirt without a risk of damage. The magic eraser [if you are careful] and soap on a toothbrush as mentioned here are also great but be careful when using anything a little abrasive on medallions or twinkle eyes.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal