collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3 Market Collapse  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Rarityfan2011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G3 Market Collapse
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 07:42:58 AM »
G3 is still sold at malls in our country.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline therestornadosinmysoup

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 08:06:33 AM »
I have found quite a few G3 at yard sales this year compared to last. I would have kept them all to eventually trade them, but I have sold them locally because I needed the money. Their play value is the best thing going for them at the moment. I only held on to 4 doubles 2 pegasi, a winter pony, and scented citrus sweetheart that I felt were more popular or htf. Kiwi Tart happens to be my favorite pony find of the year. :accomplished:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 08:30:47 AM »
I've found some still in stores as well.  But it is not that often.  I am not sure what will happen in the future but there is a chance that they will become more rare and sought after in 20-30 years.  Population growth might increase demand for them too as new generations decide they want collectors toys.  Aren't there a good number of young collectors after G1s?  Or am I just assuming there are?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 12:18:11 PM »
I've found some still in stores as well.  But it is not that often.  I am not sure what will happen in the future but there is a chance that they will become more rare and sought after in 20-30 years.  Population growth might increase demand for them too as new generations decide they want collectors toys.  Aren't there a good number of young collectors after G1s?  Or am I just assuming there are?

There are a few people who focus on G2 and G3 but I would say that 85% of the collecting community either collects a mixture of all gens or G1 solely.  There is a smaller demographic, maybe 15-20% that collect only G4 but many of them eventually start adding other gens to their collections.  I would also estimate the number of collectors younger than 18 is much smaller than the number of adult collectors...  probably 10% compared to 90%.  Only time will tell how this trending will settle!  But I do think that G1 will always be the major player in MLP collecting as it is the original line that started it all.  :-p
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal