collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: zero feedback eBay buyers  (Read 982 times)

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
zero feedback eBay buyers
« on: October 26, 2012, 06:21:02 PM »
I'm selling a fairly high priced item on eBay and I keep having people with new accounts (within the year) and no feedback messaging me about wanting to buy it but at a fraction of the price. Is it a common thing now for scammers to create a bunch of ghost accounts and use them to message sellers?

It's not just this item I've had trouble with either. I never remember this being an issue with eBay selling in the past. Something just seems off about all this. Now I've got one (zero feedback) wanting to make payments. They say they'll pay a holding fee on the 31st and send the rest Nov. 14th. Does eBay even allow that? I'm not sure how to respond to this person. I'd like to sell the item but I also don't want to walk into a scam of some sort. Although, I don't know how it would benefit them to not pay. Any ideas?

On a side note, I'm also getting the non-paying bidder stuff. What's the deal with that? Do people just create accounts and bid on items they don't intend to buy just for the entertainment? I don't understand what they get out of it.  :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: zero feedback eBay buyers
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 06:33:51 PM »
I had an item, I listed on ebay that for some reason called forth the worst people.  It was a power ranger morpher and people would send me messages all the time saying "I was asking to much and they'd only give me $20".  To me that was a red flag.  If they had bought it they might try to end up getting it for free or hurting my feedback so I put them automatically on my block list.  I'd recommend doing the same with people sending you super lower offers. 

These people could be contacting you with dummy accounts to get it for a fraction of the price to re sell themselves.  There's a lot of possibilities but I'd just block them and save yourself the trouble.   
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:39:01 PM by kakenterprise »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 06:35:02 PM »
I have also been having alot of new account with no feedback also bidding on my stuff. Alot of them never send payment either :(

Offline simplysteffie

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://simplysteffie.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 07:31:35 PM »
A lot of the time they're scams- so just ignore and block them. If someone wants seriously something, they will buy it the correct way.
WANTED/Will Buy: All TE Locket's, UK Starlight's & pink G1's
My DA: http://simplysteffie.deviantart.com/
My FB: http://www.facebook.com/hottdamnitssteff
Sales on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/hottdangitssteff/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
(Thanks for the avatar Adrean!)

Offline SailorEarth

• I have many skills
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »
Thanks for the advice, everyone. It probably would be in my best interest to just block them. eBay is so irritating these days  >_<

Wish List~Pony Sales

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 08:09:57 PM »
I've had a few low or zero feedback buy from me without any problem.  One in particular was over seas and wanted to pay half right away and half in a week. It went just fine and he actually bought from me three times after and now has feedback of about 17. So I wouldn't assume all are scammers.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 01:23:07 PM »
I've had a few low or zero feedback buy from me without any problem.  One in particular was over seas and wanted to pay half right away and half in a week. It went just fine and he actually bought from me three times after and now has feedback of about 17. So I wouldn't assume all are scammers.

sure we all have to start somewhere but genuine 0 feedback buyers don't message a person asking for the item at a lower price... its more a scammer thing

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 03:41:19 PM »
I guess I've never had that happen before!

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 06:11:11 AM »
I know its horrible but I always get a little worried too when i see a 0 bidder win one of my auctions.... in the past they have been an issue. right now I have a lot of MH dolls on ebay... the high bidder is a 0 bidder lol, im trying to stay open minded lol

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 10:36:44 PM »
I wonder what it is with all these new accounts? I have never had so many new people bidding on my items for sale. I wonder if its people getting into a new hobby? I had one last week and zero and they sent payment right away. I was also worried when I saw that at first.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
Another thing to look at about those with zero feedback users is their time on Ebay. I really wonder about those who have just opened up the account. Is it because they had another account that was closed for bad transactions?

Some people have the account for a long time but have never used it. And we all have to start somewhere.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline SailorEarth

• I have many skills
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »
I went against my better judgement and allowed them to bid on my item. No payment so far and no contact after the auction was over. I sent an invoice to give them a little bump so we'll see. Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but I think I know where this is headed...

Wish List~Pony Sales

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 03:15:57 AM »
I am seriously not sure why people are so adamant about wasting people's time.

If I was you at this point I would open a UPI.  I used to get nervous about doing it.  Because I was always afraid if they paid and decided I was a jerk for opening it, they would leave me bad feedback.  But not anymore.  I mean it not only costs you money outright, it also costs you your time. And I don't know about you but my time is important and way to important to have to deal with deadbeat bidders.  They are fully aware of what they are doing.  :huh:   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 05:56:13 AM »
Thee are waaay too many of this type on ebay these days *sigh*  :(  You gave this one a chance anyways, but it doesnt look good ATM . How long did you give them after the end of the auction?  If its been more than 4 days ,then you can open a unpaid item case   (which is what i would do. you can cancel it later if the person does pay up)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 06:27:02 AM »
I finally had to do the "automatically decline offers under this amount" thing on my fixed listings. I've had so many $50, $20, $60 offers on a $130 item that it's getting ridiculous. It is very annoying to have to keep rejecting them.

Also, here is what else happens (and why you should never put automatically accepts offers over any amount).

You list a fixed listing for $8. Someone makes an offer for $7. So you are about to go accept it. But then you read the message they wrote (further details of the offer) and they wrote "This offer is only good in combination with FREE SHIPPING". 

This has happened to me about 6 times in the last 2 months. I don't know where these people get off but I could only imagine the headache of accepting and then having them tell you you have to give them free shipping.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal